Nov 2021 6 Day Ticket Advice - Which parks?

sagosto

Mouseketeer
The new Disney is forcing me to re-think my strategy since I can no longer use FP OR Rider Swap. I have 2 daughters 3 and 6 so we spend quite a bit of time in MK and DHS. We are staying 11/1 to 11/9 so I was going to split up the stay in the middle with 3 days in the park on each end. Is there any real strategy for picking the parks except stay away from MK on the weekends? Should I pick the parks now even though magic hours (or any hours haven't been posted?)? Can I change later on if availability arrives? Aside from virtual queue for Star Wars, is there any other decisions to be made?

Missingmypooh

Annual pass addict
Hollywood studios is worse on the weekends than magic kingdom is.
I’d rather do magic kingdom on a saturday and take an afternoon monorail break than do DHS on a Saturday.

pick now. Change later.

sagosto

Mouseketeer
Hollywood studios is worse on the weekends than magic kingdom is.
I’d rather do magic kingdom on a saturday and take an afternoon monorail break than do DHS on a Saturday.

pick now. Change later.
I have to do MK on Monday as it might be the last day for Halloween. I doubt we will get into the park until like 6PM. How do you even pick right now w/o knowing park hours? Just take a stab? Aside from 60 day advanced dining, is there any real planning anymore?

Jack & Monica

Mouseketeer
I would still have a plan locked in. First thing to do is to reserve your park stays. I would follow your plan but do 2-3-4 parks 5-6-7 off 8-9-10 parks. That way your week end is your resort time and you avoid the crowds. Warning though. I would also avoid Disney Springs on the weekend. Reports are that the wait times have been long on SATs and SUNs. The next thing to think about is meal reservations. They are still only 60 days out, but may be important to you. Remember, you can park hop. This is especially valuable if you want to do to dinner at Be Our Guest or the Castle. This is what we do. We end up at MK at least two days and go to an early dinner at these restaurants.
A strategy that works really well for us is to eat lunch early and dinner early. We MO at 1100 everywhere except EPCOT (which is just opening at 1100. We do dinner at 4:00. This works for us because we like to get to the parks early.
Can you ever really plan though with two little ones? Have back up plans in case someone is having a bad day. Good recovery after a melt down may be to travel by gondala to go get ice cream. Heck you could make the boat ride from MK to the Wilderness Lodge into a special trip and plan a dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe.
Good luck!

sagosto

Mouseketeer
We are arriving 11/1 and leaving 11/9. If Halloween is cancelled, which I tend to think won't happen this year, we'd go in on 11/1. I am not sure if the girls could make 3 days on and 2 days off and 3 days on. We don't have park hopper.

• Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES