Notifications when someone replies/comments?

kittengal13

kittengal13
Hi Guys!!! :wave2:

I'm new to DIS and I must say, I'm LOVING it- full of helpful information and friendly people :thumbsup2:

However, I have just made a new post in UK Planning Trip Boards and was wondering if I receive notifications when someone comments on my post or if I've posted on someone elses post and someone has replied to me?

Thank you in advance!

Kitten Gal

Welcome!
Please check out the FAQ thread at the top of this board for information on subscribing to your posts. :)

Welcome!
Please check out the FAQ thread at the top of this board for information on subscribing to your posts. :)

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have checked this out, but it said all my notifications will be in the yellow box that says Welcome when I sign in- the only notifications I have here is if someone has sent me a private message or posted on my profile. What I need to know is how I know when someone has replied to me e.g. I didn't receive a notification when you replied to my OP, I had to come looking for my post to check for replies :confused3

So, im feeling very stressed and confused, can someone pleaseeeeee put me outta my misery? I will be eternally grateful :worship:

I believe you read the wrong FAQ. There is a thread stickied at the top of this board called >>FAQ's**FAQ'S** FAQ's<< incl. POSTING PHOTOS and FINDING YOUR POSTS . It explains how to check your account and set it up to send you email notifications or to just check your User CP for them.

You have the ability to subscribe to threads you're interested in. When you subscribe, you can choose whether to be notified by email when a new post is made to that thread, and whether you'll get an email immediately or weekly, or whether you'd rather just check your subscription list here on the board to see which threads have new posts.

When you register, you're initially set up to subscribe any time you post to a thread, and to receive an email each time a new post is made. Here's some information to help you customize this behavior.

First, go to your User Control Panels(user cp), then click on Edit Options. Look for the section titled Messaging and Notification,

The Default Thread Subscription Mode has a drop-down box that will allow you to select whether and how you want to subscribe and be notified. The choices are:

Do Not Subscribe - no automatic subscriptions
No email notification - you'll be subscribed to a thread when you post to it, but you won't get an email
Instant email notification - you'll be subscribed to a thread when you post to it, and you'll get an email each time a new post is made to that thread
Daily email notification - you'll be subscribed to a thread when you post to it, and you'll get an email each day with a list of all of subscribed threads with new posts
Weekly email notification - you'll be subscribed to a thread when you post to it, and you'll get an email each week with a list of all of subscribed threads with new posts

**Note** changing these settings will affect any future default subscriptions, but you will need to follow the below instructions for removing or changing your current subscriptions.

To Subscribe to or Unsubscribe from an individual thread:
When you are reading a thread, look for the Thread Tools button in the toolbar above the first post. Clicking this will produce a menu, where you can click on Subscribe to add that thread to your list of subscribed threads. You can do this on any thread, there's no requirement that you have a post in that thread.

If you are already subscribed to a thread, the Thread Tools menu will allow you to unsubscribe.

You may find it easiest to use the "No email notification" option and to subscribe only to threads you care about following rather than automatically subscribing to any thread you post to. Then you can check the list of subscribed threads for new activity by just clicking on User CP.

Some email providers may mark DIS notification emails as "spam" so you may need to check your Spam/Junk box and if they are there see what your provider needs for it to allow them through. Let me know if you still need help.

I believe you read the wrong FAQ. There is a thread stickied at the top of this board called >>FAQ's**FAQ'S** FAQ's<< incl. POSTING PHOTOS and FINDING YOUR POSTS . It explains how to check your account and set it up to send you email notifications or to just check your User CP for them.

Some email providers may mark DIS notification emails as "spam" so you may need to check your Spam/Junk box and if they are there see what your provider needs for it to allow them through. Let me know if you still need help.

Thank you for that, it turns out I was looking in wrong FAQ :crazy2:

I have edited my settings, hopefully I've done the right thing LOL!

Thank you again, have a nice day :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter