Nothing Can Stop Us Now! The End! Well almost, quick recap of Jan 22 trip! Update on April trip 4/21*

We did have to go back to our room and pack again! The maintenance person and head of housekeeping came to the room. They were somewhat embarrassed and said this room should not have been in use. They were very nice and helpful. I was given one night credit and I would also have more credit because Destino was less expensive.
Oh No! That is such a weird issue! At least those folks were super nice and helpful.

The manager called me from CR and I thought that was very nice. He apologized for the room. He also told me, he use to be the manager at WL before COVID. He noticed our reservation for late September and told me we would have an excellent room and some surprises when we arrived. I thought he was so nice and really made us feel better about the whole situation.
Amazing that the new CM was so nice as well. Managers know they want to keep you happy!

Now the real bummer is we never made it to WL as you all know, we canceled our 50th celebration trip! :sad: We probably would have had a MK view room at WL.
Super Bummer!!!!

We went back to Destino and We could see SE and watched the Fireworks from our room.
That is so nice! Looking forward to that (hopefully) in April.

We went to the coffee and pastry shop. I ordered the almond cold brew, Su-Lynn raves about this, and wow she is right! The almond cold brew is so delicious, now my favorite cold brew ever!
Oh this sounds delicious. I prefer cold brew to hot coffee. Glad to see Disney is adding more of these to the resort

ILLS stands for Individual Lighting Lane System, to me it stands for exactly what it spells, makes me ILL having to pay extra for rides! I won’t be paying extra for this ride!
:rotfl:Lightening Lanes definitely give me all the ills

Andi says to me, “ mom the song on this ride is about us this trip, Nothing can stop us know” She was right, despite my ankle and a different way of touring this trip, we didn’t stop or give up!
❤❤❤

We decided to head over to Baseline Tap House. We both had the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider and the pretzel. We also had some ice water. We really enjoyed our cider and pretzel. We sat and visited.
IMG_Oct172021at54300PM.jpg
This looks like the perfect afternoon snack. We went to a brewery by our house yesterday and had just about the same thing!

The ride went down, boo, we did have to wait in that spot for about 30 minutes. We knew we could not get out of there with the wheelchair so we patiently waited. I was so happy we used the restroom before we went on line. That may have been disastrous especially after drinking a cider and a big glass of water!
That is so my nightmare. We had the same thing happen to us and all I could think was I would have to get out of line to use the bathroom because I have the bladder the size of a thimble :rotfl:

We listened to the HEA music in Fantasyland. It was so weird without fireworks. We still got tears singing along. The party was starting now at 9:30.
Odd they didn't do fireworks. We did the Boo Bash a few weeks after your and they did the full on show

We rode Pooh next, took a little break and had some popcorn, ice cream and drinks.
Did you have any issues with the ice cream being extra frozen? Ours was so hard we couldn't even eat it

We headed out right around 12:15 and walked back to the room. Well Andi pushed me. Andi took a shower and said the tub floor was sinking and making sloshing noise. Oh no foreshadowing :scared1: Like water underneath. We went to sleep around 2am. Stay tuned for more shower problems in the am!
:scared1: Oh noI I don't even know what this means exactly but a tub should not be moving

What did I think of The Boo Bash? My honest opinion is it was just meh..it did not have the party vibe or ambience and I missed that. It was more about riding rides. This was fine but if you are a die hard MNSSHP lover, like myself, you maybe disappointed.
Ditto for us. Wait times were good but otherwise certainly didn't have much of a Halloween vibe

I said okay and she tells us room 6113, well I do know this is the furthest room in the garden wing. I told her I am needing a w/c and this room is really far away. She just looked at me and didn’t really give another option. I went on my phone to look for different resorts. I told her we will move to Gran Destino. The CM didn’t even know where that was. :confused3I explained and she called the resort and there was a room ready for us. :thumbsup2
Glad to hear they let you move, but how they didn't offer you better options is just weird

I was given one night credit and I would also have more credit because Destino was less expensive. The maintenance CM told us they have to remove the entire tub insert and dry it out and replace it.
At least they did that for you. Though sounds like the front desk CM must have been new

He apologized for the room. He also told me, he use to be the manager at WL before COVID. He noticed our reservation for late September and told me we would have an excellent room and some surprises when we arrived.
Well that was certainly nice of him. Hopefully you can find out what that meant next time you stay at the lodge.

Wow it is hot and I am tipsy 🥴
:rotfl2: Can't wait to hear all about this

We definitely became invisible ghosts! Both times we rode this is what we got:rotfl::rotfl2:
2102EF2F-117C-4568-A038-F424A2BC36C1.jpeg
At least your hair looks nice :rotfl2: Here is Casey's picture from the boo bash. The juxtaposition of an amish looking girl with the ghosts just cracked me up

Hopefully she can transfer her skills to Remy’s ride now since no more Rise virtual queue
Bet she can. :)
Aka the fancy rides, you pay extra for the deemed fancy ones, you can have 2 a day and depending on cost you will pay 10-15 dollars for each one, plus tax of course!
Ah.
And... of course. :sad2:
Baseline is a favorite of ours now!
On my list! :)
I would say each time we have had a meal or appetizers at Splitsville we have been pleased with the quality and service!
Huh. Well, now I know where I can go in a pinch. :)
It was weird, I had a rumor there was a fire and all the fireworks for this evening didn’t make it,
Oh really! Wow!
She is a hoot! I saw her once at the popcorn stand in Liberty Square before the MNSSHP parade and she was so funny talking to everyone getting popcorn!
:laughing: That would be great! I'd buy popcorn just to interact with her.
We slept in until around 8:30am,
At Disney? Is this possible????
It made a swishing noise when you stepped on it.
Um.... that is probably not a good thing. :rolleyes:
We got to ride in the new elevators and these are cool. The design is a abstract silver monorail!
Oh, cool!
I told her we will move to Gran Destino. The CM didn’t even know where that was. :confused3
:sad2: Really? First day on the job????
We did have to go back to our room and pack again!
:headache:
The monorail had been sitting for awhile when we got on. People were frustrated and it was packed in there. It finally got the issue fixed and we were on our way. By the time we got to Epcot it was raining. :sad2:
You're just getting all the luck, aren't you?
We had room 935 close to the elevator on the 9th floor. We could see ToT and SE.
Not bad!
He noticed our reservation for late September and told me we would have an excellent room and some surprises when we arrived.
So sad you couldn't find out what the surprises were. :(
We decided to cancel our CG ADR since we were not at CR anymore and go to Epcot for F&W snacks.
That would've been a tough call for me, but... I do get it.
We went to Soarin and it was a walk on.
Wow. I remember when it was the hottest ticket in all of Disney.
Lwtl was also down, boo.
You're just having all the luck...
Wait... I already said that.
Kochi Lemon 🍋 Drop.
mmm... lemon...
It looks like the massive wheel monstrosity is going to grab her 😂
Run Aurora! Run!!!
We headed to Italy and had the bomboloni this was very good, This is a cream filled donut with a raspberry sauce.
That looks (and sounds) really good.
I wanted the shredded pork bun from Hawaii, so glad I got this. It was delicious 😋
Odd. Doesn't look anything like what I've had... And I've had it several times.
Andi was awesome about pushing me in the w/c.
:)
Good daughter, there.
Stay tuned for
Wow it is hot and I am tipsy 🥴
:laughing: This should be good.
I wanted to show you our HM pictures we got this trip such a hoot! We definitely became invisible ghosts! Both times we rode this is what we got:rotfl::rotfl2:
2102EF2F-117C-4568-A038-F424A2BC36C1.jpeg
:lmao:

Oh No! That is such a weird issue! At least those folks were super nice and helpful.
I really wasn’t expecting to move, I just wanted the hotel to be aware of it. It was weird and we definitely knew something was wrong 😑
Amazing that the new CM was so nice as well. Managers know they want to keep you happy!
Yes they were all very nice, the CM at the CR front desk was just not very helpful and not the friendliest.
Super Bummer!!!!
I know the one time we would have been Pixie Dusted we didn’t go!
That is so nice! Looking forward to that (hopefully) in April.
It really is nice to spend the evening lounging at the resort and the fireworks are a plus!

Oh this sounds delicious. I prefer cold brew to hot coffee. Glad to see Disney is adding more of these to the resort
I would take the Skyliner back over there just for the Almond cold brew, so yummy!
This looks like the perfect afternoon snack. We went to a brewery by our house yesterday and had just about the same thing!
We really like Baseline and it such a nice place to chill with a cold drink and snack!
That is so my nightmare. We had the same thing happen to us and all I could think was I would have to get out of line to use the bathroom because I have the bladder
I know, it was impossible, too get out of there walking let alone with the darn wheelchair. I was so thankful we used the restroom first! Haha 😛 my sister always has to go every hour or so and I tease her about her pea size bladder!
Odd they didn't do fireworks. We did the Boo Bash a few weeks after your and they did the full on show
I heard a rumor the fireworks were damaged by a fire 🔥 not sure how true that is
Did you have any issues with the ice cream being extra frozen? Ours was so hard we couldn't even eat it
Our ice cream bars were fine not extra frozen, that is weird!
Oh noI I don't even know what this means exactly but a tub should not be moving
I didn’t either but you just knew the tub should not be mushy, sloshing, and sinking :rotfl:
Ditto for us. Wait times were good but otherwise certainly didn't have much of a Halloween vibe
Very true, lackluster compared to the MNSSHP and now I am falling for it again doing the Christmas one
Glad to hear they let you move, but how they didn't offer you better options is just weird
It was weird the CM said you will have to move but she really didn’t offer anything except the room 20 miles away, lol 😂 Andi said mom you should have said we wanted to move to Grand Floridian not Gran Destino!
At least they did that for you. Though sounds like the front desk CM must have been new
Yes I think she was new because she didn’t know much about the Disney resorts.
Well that was certainly nice of him. Hopefully you can find out what that meant next time you stay at the lodge.
I know! We plan to stay there August 2022
Can't wait to hear all about this
We had so much fun drinking around the world
At least your hair looks nice :rotfl2: Here is Casey's picture from the boo bash. The juxtaposition of an amish looking girl with the ghosts just cracked me up
So funny, she was brave to ride by herself! :rotfl2:

On my list! :)
Good I highly recommend Baseline Taphouse!
Huh. Well, now I know where I can go in a pinch.
They have a good menu and you can always walk up at Splitsville
At Disney? Is this possible????
:rotfl: Only when you are up until 2am and Park reservations are a thing, and Epcot doesn’t open until 11 am!
Um.... that is probably not a good thing.
It probably could have been ignored but I wanted to let them know because it needed to be fixed!
Really? First day on the job????
She really didn’t know much so must have been new I hope that was her reason! :scared1:
You're just getting all the luck, aren't you?
It was not going our way this am
o sad you couldn't find out what the surprises were. :(
I know the one time we get pixie dusted and we didn’t go, just my luck!
That would've been a tough call for me, but... I do get it.
I know, Andi is a little more picky and the cost and what she would eat didn’t justify heading back to the construction zone Er I mean the restaurant
Wow. I remember when it was the hottest ticket in all of Disney.
I know, it has been a walk lately for the most part!
Run Aurora! Run!!
That is exactly what I thought. It reminds of the evil machine dude from the first Spider-Man
That looks (and sounds) really good.
Very yummy!
Odd. Doesn't look anything like what I've had... And I've had it several times.
The picture is from Disney Food blog, mine did not look like that. I forgot to take a picture. I really liked it!

That almond cold brew looks delicious! I am staying at Pop for my next trip and hope we can make a few stops at the Riviera! I have not seen many rooms at the Contemporary, is that a rennovated room? Totally blah for that price! Boo Bash looks like fun but definitely not as good as a party, I would be stressed trying to pack everything into just a few hours! What a nightmare hotel situation, I can't believe the CM barely reacted! I think we know more about Disney than many CMs though, I was telling the front desk at Coronado that the tower was such a deal compared to the deluxes and she was kind of like "oh really, but it's so expensive!" Glad to hear the manager made it right, but really too bad it was on a cancelled trip! The Harmonious barges are so big, wow! So many yummy drinks, that is the best part about being an adult at WDW!

They have a good menu and you can always walk up at Splitsville
This is good info. Not many places anymore that you can go to on a moment's notice.
:rotfl: Only when you are up until 2am and Park reservations are a thing, and Epcot doesn’t open until 11 am!
:laughing: That'll do it all right!
She really didn’t know much so must have been new I hope that was her reason! :scared1:
I always find it funny when we (Disers) know more than CMs or TAs.
I know the one time we get pixie dusted and we didn’t go, just my luck!
Darn it!
That is exactly what I thought. It reminds of the evil machine dude from the first Spider-Man
Doc Oc?
The picture is from Disney Food blog, mine did not look like that. I forgot to take a picture. I really liked it!
Ah! So maybe it was the same. And yes, it's very good. ::yes::

So glad you got a new room and wow, what a view! Shame about the poor service though I'm glad to hear the manager made it right. I'd be dropping him an email with your new dates for WL just on the off chance he can work his magic then pixiedust:
I can see how AK would be a lot more difficult with a w/c and given the food and booze options Epcot seems perfect. Looking forward to meeting the tipsy you :rotfl:

I`m so sorry your ankle wasn`t comfortable for you, the one time you don`t want any issues is on vacation.

Glad you were happy with the room move, sounds like you`ll enjoy it more there and it does look beautiful. Yes, I`m glad the manager contacted you to apologise and will make it right on future visits too. That`s good CS.

Love that bomboloni....never heard of that before, but that and the shredded pork bun look gorgeous!!

View is wonderful too from your new room.......

All caught up and loving this report even though your ankle hurt which is such a shame.......

We went to the coffee and pastry shop. I ordered the almond cold brew, Su-Lynn raves about this, and wow she is right! The almond cold brew is so delicious, now my favorite cold brew ever! We had plans to spend the morning at DHS.
Mmmm, definitely need to try this when I pop over to check out the mosaics!
ILLS stands for Individual Lighting Lane System, to me it stands for exactly what it spells, makes me ILL having to pay extra for rides! I won’t be paying extra for this ride!
I don't love it either. While I will suck it up for a ride I really want because I cannot deal with the lines we experienced in August, I can't imagine paying for a family of five!
We decided to head over to Baseline Tap House. We both had the Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider and the pretzel. We also had some ice water. We really enjoyed our cider and pretzel. We sat and visited.
Jack and I really enjoyed our time at Baseline. We both loved the pretzel too and added the charcuterie board to round it out.
Our room was in the garden wing, room 5212. We thought the room was very outdated and bland. It reminded me of an airport motel. The room was big. We were okay with it and liked the location to the MK. It did have a musty smell and I sprayed some Febreze and we started to unpack. We wanted to rest for about an hour before the Boo Bash. Stay tuned for the Boo Bash review, coming up next!
Those garden wing rooms really need a refresh!
We listened to the HEA music in Fantasyland. It was so weird without fireworks. We still got tears singing along. The party was starting now at 9:30.
I wonder what happened to the fireworks? Glad you at least got to hear the music.
We went and did BigThunder and Splash. We listened to the Cadaver Dan’s and they had a lady with them. We also saw Chip and Dale on top of the Country Bears building, very cute! We did more candy stops along the way. We headed to HM. Carlotta was out on the lawn in her ghostly form. We enjoyed HM and the CM’s are dressed in their ghoulish make up. We went on SDMT, it was basically a walk on. We rode Pooh next, took a little break and had some popcorn, ice cream and drinks. These are part of the price. We did the treat areas in TL. We rode Buzz and PM.
I love Chip and Dale in their Halloween costumes!
What did I think of The Boo Bash? My honest opinion is it was just meh..it did not have the party vibe or ambience and I missed that. It was more about riding rides. This was fine but if you are a die hard MNSSHP lover, like myself, you maybe disappointed. I knew going in, it was more like an after hours event but it still was lacking to me because it was Halloween themed. We did get a fair amount of candy and treats. We epically failed on the PhotoPass opportunities, these were very long lines and with the wheelchair we weren’t feeling it. If you are able to go in with the mind set that it is after hours you will enjoy it. I really didn’t get many pictures this evening, but I certainly got some good IASW pictures for your viewing excitement lol 😝
I really am not impressed with the substitute of the after hours event for an actual party.
We stopped and let the CM at the front desk know about the shower. Andi took a video of the floor sloshing. The CM checked it out and just says that’s not good you will need to move. I said okay and she tells us room 6113, well I do know this is the furthest room in the garden wing. I told her I am needing a w/c and this room is really far away. She just looked at me and didn’t really give another option. I went on my phone to look for different resorts. I told her we will move to Gran Destino. The CM didn’t even know where that was. :confused3I explained and she called the resort and there was a room ready for us. :thumbsup2
We did have to go back to our room and pack again! The maintenance person and head of housekeeping came to the room. They were somewhat embarrassed and said this room should not have been in use. They were very nice and helpful. I was given one night credit and I would also have more credit because Destino was less expensive. The maintenance CM told us they have to remove the entire tub insert and dry it out and replace it. We were happy to be moving and to be honest, Gran Destino has such a better vibe. It is very clean, modern, and still has the new resort feeling.
Yikes! What an ordeal!! I would pick Gran Destino over CR any day. I really love CSR. :)
We had bell service take our luggage and we went to the monorail. The monorail had been sitting for awhile when we got on. People were frustrated and it was packed in there. It finally got the issue fixed and we were on our way. By the time we got to Epcot it was raining. :sad2:
What a morning! Hope things turned around....
The manager called me from CR and I thought that was very nice. He apologized for the room. He also told me, he use to be the manager at WL before COVID. He noticed our reservation for late September and told me we would have an excellent room and some surprises when we arrived. I thought he was so nice and really made us feel better about the whole situation. Now the real bummer is we never made it to WL as you all know, we canceled our 50th celebration trip!
So sad! The good thing is Disney keeps records on all their reservations so maybe there will be a little surprise for you in December.
Andi had a Teriyaki Chicken bun, and Kochi Lemon 🍋 Drop. Both of these are from the Japan booth and tasted very good. The lemon drop was a little strong for me!
I loved that Teriyaki chicken bun...so good! I wish I had tried the Lemon Drop but we went for the Sake instead.

So sorry for the room water issue. It's great that they worked out another room at Gran Destino. Too bad you missed out on the WL upgrade.

Your food and drinks in Epcot look really good. There is always so much good food at the booths.

Testing, here are a few pictures, I got a new IPad and it wasn’t downloading my pictures so I needed to work on it!
Here are 2 new shirts for December
IMG_Oct292021at124039PM.jpg

IMG_Oct302021at81705AM.jpg

My 50th celebration dress
IMG_Oct302021at81615AM.jpg

My new 50th Magic Band and slider
IMG_Oct302021at81213AM.jpg

IMG_Oct302021at81305AM.jpg

Ride photos from the Boo Bash night
IMG_Oct302021at81801AM.jpg

IMG_Oct302021at81855AM.jpg

IMG_Oct302021at82259AM.jpg

Star Wars PhotoPass
IMG_Oct302021at82119AM.jpg

Silly Snapchat filter at AK
IMG_Oct302021at82010AM.jpg

It took me 2 days to get this to work ugh! I hope it works ongoing. The Dis is so hard to use with an IPad and I love my IPad

Stay tuned for my next post coming soon!

So glad you got a new room and wow, what a view! Shame about the poor service though I'm glad to hear the manager made it right. I'd be dropping him an email with your new dates for WL just on the off chance he can work his magic then pixiedust:
I can see how AK would be a lot more difficult with a w/c and given the food and booze options Epcot seems perfect. Looking forward to meeting the tipsy you :rotfl:
The shower/tub problem was very odd. We knew it wasn’t good but I thought we would just tell the CM and they would fix it when we checked out.

I was bummed about missing out on the WL upgrade, if that was it. I will be staying there in September 2022

Haha 😂 Tipsy me was hot and tired. We did have so much fun that day despite the heat, wheelchair, and ankle pain.

I`m so sorry your ankle wasn`t comfortable for you, the one time you don`t want any issues is on vacation.
I couldn’t believe I woke up and my ankle was hurting 1 week before our trip, it has been a long injury, it definitely took a full 8 weeks to get better, ugh!
Glad you were happy with the room move, sounds like you`ll enjoy it more there and it does look beautiful. Yes, I`m glad the manager contacted you to apologise and will make it right on future visits too. That`s good CS.
We really love Destino Tower and the change was good. The manager calling me was really nice!
Love that bomboloni....never heard of that before, but that and the shredded pork bun look gorgeous!!
All the food we tried was so good this year!
View is wonderful too from your new room.......

All caught up and loving this report even though your ankle hurt which is such a shame.......
Thanks Carole for reading along and commenting. I hope we can say hi in December, fingers crossed 🤞

Happy to hear your ankle is healing! Bummer about the reservation in September being cancelled but it’s well worth the wait!
Wow I haven’t got the empty Pirates picture before, I have got the empty Splash one. We never seem to get our Splash photo. It is either empty or other people in it!
Thank you, my ankle is much better, I hope it stays this way. I have started my walking routine again and so far it is okay, no where near my 4 miles a day, soon I hope!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter