Not to miss attractions at CA

lkohawaii

DIS Veteran
I have been to Disneyland a few times in the past few years. Eveytime we've concentrated on doing Disneyland for the 5 days we were there. CA just seemed deserted. On this next trip I'm determined to see CA. Anyone hav any tips? All we've done on CA side is the Electrical Parade, We went to the backlot (was dead there) anyone know if Cruella De Ville is still back there? Also, we ate at Ariel's and rode the California Rapids. Isn't that sad for being in DL for at least 15 days on our 3 trips. Well, any advice you can give will be appreciated. Oh my DD will be 8 and my DS will be 21/2 when we go next summer.

Wow, you missed all the good stuff. Yep, Cruella is still there and with the TOT there the HPB is jumpin' now. You have to do Soarin' Over CA (can't believe you missed that one--one of the best rides ever), CA Screamin' is an awesome roller coaster. Actually, with TOT and the new one-day hoppers, DCA is quite a bit more crowded these days. Just make use of the kid swap passes for anything the little one is too small for.

Also see the Animation Building in the Backlot. It's really nice in there.

Yes--make sure to go into the Beast's Library there (just after the Sorcerer's Workshop) and find out which Disney Character you're most like.

I could not agree more with iceskatejen. Soaring Over California is one of the most unique rides you could experience. It's defiantly a must do. Anytime we go we fast pass it first thing.
:cool2:

TOT is my ds11 favorite ride with Indiana Jones a close second! Soarin is great as well as CA Screaming and Grizzly Rapids. Your little one would probally love the new kids area as well, forgot the name but it's themed from A Bug's Life.

The Bug's Life themed area is called "Bug's Land" or something like that. Flik's Flyers is a gentle ride similar to Dumbo and the line seems to move at a decent rate. The train ride is also very mild, but it's very short and there are sometimes huge waits for it. Beware of the "It's Tough to Be a Bug" show with the little one - I've heard of some tikes getting quite traumatized from this.

For the whole family, I highly recommend the "Alladdin" show. Even if you usually don't like plays (as I don't) this is a great show. To get the most out of it, you'll want good seats. For that, you usually need to show up at least 30 minutes before the show.

Soaring over California is our favourite as well. We also loved California Screamin and the big orange with swings, is it called Zinger or something? Went on Maliboomer too, but not keen on that one!!!!...lol.
Love sasha

Lets see....

If your DS is into Mr Potato head....they a Mr Potato set you can buy at DCA. You get the box and get to fill it with the accessories you want. They have some CUTE options!!!!!!! Mouse ears and mouse shaped ice cream on a stick. SO adorable!

The animation building is great. 2YO will probably love the lobby (they show bits of movies on large screens, lots of music and 'dancing' light show on the floor). The MuShu show is interesting. I'm sure your 8YO would like it, 2YO may or may not. then there is the 'hands on' stuff. My kids always like that.

2YO will enjoy Playhouse disney. They often have Playhouse characters outside the attraction.

2yo- there is a bug show, I think it's called the ugly bug ball, it's right outside of flicks fun fair and is very fun.

Flicks fun fair there is flicks fliers which both kids should enjoy, the catapiller (train) 2YO will love. There is a bumper car ride...don't let 2YO see it! You have to be 42" I think....I hate that it's in a primarily little kid area...anways, 8YO would probably enjoy that. And then there are the water fountain things, always fun.

My kids LOVE the boudin bakery tour! They'll sit through the whole thing, and then want to do it again. The tortilla tour is short, but my 5YO LOVES the little movie at the start. It's kids doing an 'oral report' and she thinks they are just too clever.

Both kids should enjoy the ferris wheel. Depending on the height of 8YO, she may be able to ride some of the other pier rides too. Mullhuland madness is fun, and my 5YO likes jumpin jellyfish...not sure if it's to 'babyish' for an 8YO.

The only other MUST see I can think of for the whole family, the Redwood creek trails. Hopefully mom and dad are in good shape so that you can keep up with the kids :) There are a few 'attractions' that only 8YO can do, but for the most part it's just a fun family place to explore and sometimes interact with characters (Big Brother) too!

^Oh yeah, I forgot about the Challenge Trail. That's a nice area to explore, even for older folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter