Not sure what to expect

PFW

Mouseketeer
I'm a little confused. I have never booked a trip through Disney before and am not sure what to expect in regards to my reservations. This is my first trip staying on site and the first time I've ever flown.

I booked a room for 11 nights, tickets for 8 days, dining plan, flights and DME under Reservation #1 for 8/20 - 8/31. I paid $917.20 deposit.

Then they came out with free dining so I called and they changed Reservation #1 to a package with room for 5 nights, tickets for 2 days, DME to get to the resort and my flights. 8/20 - 8/25.
Reservation #2 was created for 6 nights, tickets for 6 days, DME to get back to the airport and free dining. 8/25 - 8/31. I paid $200 deposit.

Then I got a Game On pin code that was good for Reservation #1 so I called and had that applied. Didn't save much but as my Grama always said "a nickel's a nickel" LOL

Then I paid both reservations in full.

Today I received a booklet from WD Travel Company. It contains a Guest Itinerary that reflects the details from the original Reservation #1 as well as Terms and Conditions. There are no vouchers in the booket.

Will I be receiving an updated booklet to reflect the changes that I made?

I guess I didn't anticipate receiving a booklet this early before my trip. Do they send you this booklet every time you make changes and then a final one just before your trip?
When do you receive the luggage tags and the tags for DME?

I'm just not sure what to expect from them and what I'm expected to take care of on my own.

Thanks for any advice :flower3:

That is not your final booklet. Seems if flights are booked as part of a Disney package that preliminary booklet gets mailed as a confirmation of the flights. I agree it's confusing for people and I think it's a waste. If they want to mail you flight confirmations they should limit it to that and not send the same type booklet you'd get as travel documents. No booklets or updates are usually sent for land changes, but you should be able to look online?

You will eventually get your full Mickey Mail booklet with vouchers approx. 30 days before your trip. The one you just got was printed for a flight purchase.

Thanks Tinka-belle. The funny thing is the only info in the booklet about the flights is exactly the same as online. There is no specific confirmation number for the airline. I'll have to give them a call and ask for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter