Not staying onsite so tell me about wristbands and fast passes

alljess11

Earning My Ears
I am not sure if I am in the correct area but I have finally booked our first offsite stay at Storey Lake thru VRBO. This is done deal and I am not looking for any bad input but I'd love any good input..... My question is about wristbands. Do we still get them if we are staying offsite? I have Disney dollars and or points from my visa so I think I have to purchase them off the Disney site and I think they will send my wristbands but someone correct me if I am wrong. Also once I have my tickets (aka wristbands) can I make fast pass reservations 30 days out?

Magic bands are not included with an off-site stay, but you can purchase them yourself and link them to your account if you want them. As long as you have tickets linked to your account you’ll be able to make FP at 30 days. You do not need magic bands in order to make FPs.

So if we are not staying on site we don't get magic bands? How do we get entrance to our fast passes if we don't have magic bands?

You can buy them at any disney store or at the parks. They are great for your fast passes and they get your pics and small videos off some rides automatically... it was really cool when we got home and saw video that we did not know was taken of us on tower of terror and the mine train.
The bands are $15 + .

Also how do we get entrance to the parks? I only know scanning my wrist band.....
If you've visited before and have magic bands already, you're all set. They are good for a few years. You can link your new tickets to your existing magic bands in the My Disney Experience app. You don't need to buy new bands.

Otherwise, you just tap your ticket card to the readers the same way you would tap your magic band.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter