Not Disney Related - Forum Photo Question

MyWndrlnd

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone, I hope it is ok for me to post this question here. Mods, if there is a better place for me to post it feel free to move it or let me know! :-)

I have used Photobucket in the past to upload my photos onto my TR here on Disboards. I found that site to be very tedious so I was thrilled when my Amazon Prime Photos would load into my Disboards TR and I could abandon Photobucket. Amazon Prime Photos seemed like the next best thing since I couldn't use my Google Photos for this purpose. Well, it turns out Amazon Prime Photos only uses a temporary link which means my photos in my posts disappear after a couple days. So, now I am on the hunt for a new online photo storage site that has a better interface (less cumbersome and no ads) than Photobucket and that Disboards forums will allow me to post pictures from.

What do you use? Do you like it? Would you recommend it?

Dont have an answer...but following along to see what folks have to say. Photobucket is my nemesis right now!! Lol! The ads make me crazy and it takes forever for my pics to download. :crazy2:

I've used smugmug.com for years. It's not free, but well worth the cost to me. I went with them as a photo backup service, in case anything catastrophic were to happen to our house, but they work well as a photo sharing site. They also have an app we run on our phones that automatically uploads any photos we take, so we have very little chance of losing anything.

Avoid PB at all cost and if you do use them, back everything up.
They lost all my pics last month and just said "sorry". That was more than 10 years of family photo's, projects and tons of Disney trip pics - all gone. Forever.
I have since started using IMGUR. It is a thousand times faster and easier to use.
Oh and they dont constantly SPAM me like PB did and even still does.

Moving this to our community board. I typically upload photos directly to my post here or share from Facebook.

I use imgur and it works great. There are even a couple of different sizes of photo choices when you go to copy the link. The best thing in my opinion is that you can "copy image" from google photos and then ctrl-v in your Imgur account. So easy to use!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter