Not checking in off site

Juventus

DIS Veteran
If I am staying off site for 2 weeks, with 9 days of tickets, could I book a Disney springs hotel (e.g., the best western) for 1 night in the middle of my stay and take advantage of EMH and 60fp booking for that 1 day?
Also, could I pay for the room and not physically check in?

Thanks!

If I am staying off site for 2 weeks, with 9 days of tickets,
could I book a Disney springs hotel (e.g., the best western) for 1 night in the middle of my stay and
1. take advantage of EMH
2. and 60fp booking for that 1 day?
3. Also, could I pay for the room and not physically check in?
1. Could attend EMH (if any) on check-in day and check-out day.
2. Yes.
3. I guess that's between you and the hotel. Hotels generally charge the night's fee for a "no-show," and that
would be you... not showing up. Sounds "normal" to me.

Would I do this?
Nope. ;)

I've done EMM with a family of 5 ($$$$). If HS is still offering 3 hours EMH 6-9 when I go, and I can get a dirt cheap room...would totally be worth it for me. I read a few posts where the thought is 3hrs EMH is just as good as the paid 1hr15min EMM.

What do you need from the DS hotel to get in for EMH? You might need to actually check in to get a keycard or something for that.

I thought I read there was a voucher or something but I guess that's impossible since you'd be at the park in the morning way before check in time.
I was wondering if there was an additional no-show fee at the hotel...on top of paying for the room

I thought I read there was a voucher or something but I guess that's impossible since you'd be at the park in the morning way before check in time.
I was wondering if there was an additional no-show fee at the hotel...on top of paying for the room

I stayed at one of these hotels July 2018 & we used EMH. You will link your hotel ressie # to your MDE acct, that's how they know you're eligible to enter EMH. It will be tied to the ticket card you've also linked to book FP's. We used old MB's and both hotel & ticket eligibility was linked to those.

Happy planning!

Last edited:
Ok...thanks all. Just have to wait now to see if they extend EEMH at HS once Rise of the Resistance opens.

Thanks again!

All onsite benefits are for 2 days because you get the day you check in and the day you check out.

It's not popular to point this out, but if one is available, you could also book a campsite at FW for one day. In addition to two days of EMH and 60-day FP, a throwaway campsite would get you magic bands for up to 12 in your party, and free parking at the parks (saving you $50 over those two day).

I didn't know about the free parking...that's nice. But how does that work?: From the website it says you need to presesnt proof that you are staying onsite...do you get that ahead of your stay?:

If you are a Guest staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you receive complimentary standard parking at Disney theme parks for the length of your Resort stay. You must present valid Disney Resort hotel identification to enter the parking lots

I didn't know about the free parking...that's nice. But how does that work?: From the website it says you need to presesnt proof that you are staying onsite...do you get that ahead of your stay?:

If you are a Guest staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you receive complimentary standard parking at Disney theme parks for the length of your Resort stay. You must present valid Disney Resort hotel identification to enter the parking lots
You link your reservation in your MDX, which is also linked to your MB, and when your MB is scanned at entrance to the parking lot, the CM will see your onsite stay. It’s really simple. The same technology is used at the gates to prove eligibility to enter during EMH.

What do you need from the DS hotel to get in for EMH? You might need to actually check in to get a keycard or something for that.
Those days went away with the advent of "On-line Check-in."
If the guest has a plastic ticket card or MB to use to enter a theme park, that card or MB will link to the resort info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter