not buying child ticket for 3 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokegal19

"I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine, an
I know it may be "morally" wrong to do, but if I can save the money, why not? My son will be 3 in June, and we are going in October. Do you think this is to big of a gap between his birthday and when we are going to "cheat" the system? Will they ask for ID for him? Will they make us buy a ticket? Has anyone else ever done this? If they have a suspision that he is older than 3, will they make me buy my son a ticket? Like I said, I know it may be wrong to lie, but I am going to Disney on a VERY tight budget, and anything can help!!!!!

Thanks!

You are going to hear from a lot of people on this and I don't think you are going to be happy with what they say. That being said, I will only say one thing "Your son is 3...take it from there."

It is really that bad to do that? It's not like he's 4 or something. It's a matter of 4 months difference.

I know people that did that and nobody questioned them. I guess if your child is 5 and you say he is 3 then I would worry.

Go ahead and save your money I think disney will still make a profit.

You said you know it's morally wrong.
You said you know it's wrong to lie.
You use the word "cheating" in your post.
You're obviously concerned that you may be caught.

You've already answered your own question.

I made sure I brought a copy of my daughters Birth Certificate on our last visit because she was only a week from turning 3. I also brought it for my son because he was 2 months shy of turning 10 but is on the larger side.

Hopefully they don’t stop you.. I would hate to have to pay that money at the gate.

Bottom line he’s 3, just a buy a ticket. They have age limits for a reason. When he is 10 are you going to buy him a child’s ticket?

There are other ways you can save money in the parks.

My question's were:

Do you think this is to big of a gap between his birthday and when we are going to "cheat" the system? Will they ask for ID for him? Will they make us buy a ticket? Has anyone else ever done this? If they have a suspision that he is older than 3, will they make me buy my son a ticket?

All moralizing aside, I will answer your questions (this does not mean I approve, but that part is up to you. I'm just providing information). No one will ask you for ID for a 3 year old so you will definately be able to get him in - no questions asked.

Originally posted by cokegal19
My question's were:

Do you think this is to big of a gap between his birthday and when we are going to "cheat" the system?

?YES, I've been buying tickets for my son since he was 3.

Will they ask for ID for him? They could.

Will they make us buy a ticket? Maybe, maybe not.

Has anyone else ever done this? No one that I personally know.

If they have a suspision that he is older than 3, will they make me buy my son a ticket? I would hope so.

My question to you is: If a CM says "oh he's so cute...how old are you?" And your son says 3, what are you going to do?

I struggled with this when my oldest turned three, particularly since we went just a few days after her birthday (bad planning, obviously). Money was tight and it did seem like a way to save.

Then I weighed how proud she was of being three and the fact that she would tell anyone who ask her age. I certainly didn't want to tell her to lie if someone ask, as I didn't want to encourage that sort of behavior. In the end, I bit the bullet and bought her a ticket.

When the next kid was turning three, I just scheduled the trip before his birthday. That seemed the simplest way to go.

Sheila

I may not be popular for saying this...but when I went last April..my daughter had already been 3 since the previous August...but I was budgeted as well...and already paying for 3 other kids. She wasn't tall enough to ride much so I told myself this "I'll push her thru the stroller gate in the stroller while my friend paid for the tickets and passed them to the people who took tickets...if they asked me how old she was...I woulda just bought one...but if I push her thru and nothing is said...I'll save that money for a little bit nicer lunch for us all"
Well...I was never asked...and she got in. She looks small in the stroller...barely had any hair..LOL..so I did it. I was scared they were going to ask...and I knew it was wrong...BUT...I wanted to have a great experience with 4 kids and all the extra cash I could hold on to...I did.
I'm sure you'd get away with it no problem...but if you get the extra money somehow..you'd probably feel better paying.. I would have...but I'm not gonna say I felt guilty my whole trip either!!!!!!!!

Three is three regardless of how long they have been three.
You are not unique in tight budgets or budgets in general. We all have them. Most of us don't cheat the system. Offing it to the fact that they will make a profit is not even salient to the point.
Rules are rules, follow them or not, your choice. It is just a slap in the fact to those of use who do follow the rules. In the long run it does cost us all.
Personally, if I were on a tight budget, I would wait until I could afford the ticket for my child rather than lie and steal.

This thread makes me very, very sad.

My suggestion is that if your budget is so tight right now you wait awhile and go when you can afford it. Do the right thing and buy your child a ticket.

pinnie

Thanks. I think I feel the same way as you. I do know it's wrong, but if you can save the money than, why not? And your right. My son won't be able to go on much anyway. The only difference between me and you is that my son DOES look older than he is. A lot of people think he's 3 already, and he just turned 2! I'm hoping they won't say anything. Another poster made the comment that what if a CM asked how old he is. What am I supposed to say? I just think that they will be to busy to take the time to do that, but who knows, this is Disney world! Everyone is so friendly there! I'm hoping he'll be sleeping or something, but hey, a 3 year old on his way to Disney World will be sleeping?????? NOT A CHANCE!!! :)

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Why do threads like these never die...

If you can't afford to go, don't go. The rest of us who DON'T cheat the system save and save so that we can enjoy our trip. Why should you benefit by lying and cheating, and basically stealing, while the rest of us pay good money for tickets? For goodness sake....

And for the poster who wanted to have a great time with his/her 4 kids - isn't that a great example to teach your kids - that with a little deception, you can save a bit of money.

What I find most intersting is that the OP posted on the DVC board that she is thinking of buying into DVC. If she can't afford a ticket for her three year old, how can she afford the cost of 150 points at $95 a point plus the annual dues?

Amazing...simply amazing...

pinnie

Originally posted by cokegal19
My question's were:

Do you think this is to big of a gap between his birthday and when we are going to "cheat" the system? Will they ask for ID for him? Will they make us buy a ticket? Has anyone else ever done this? If they have a suspision that he is older than 3, will they make me buy my son a ticket?

Yes, yes and yes.

Because if you are that tight of a budget and you are caught, no one can go because someone would have to stay outside the park with the little one. Ruins the whole trip for everyone..just to cheat by.

I would say put off the trip until you can save enough money to comfortabally purchase his ticket. If you are that strapped, you prolly shouldn't be going anyway.

Originally posted by LisaNJ25
I made sure I brought a copy of my daughters Birth Certificate on our last visit because she was only a week from turning 3. I also brought it for my son because he was 2 months shy of turning 10 but is on the larger side.

Hopefully they don’t stop you.. I would hate to have to pay that money at the gate.

Bottom line he’s 3, just a buy a ticket. They have age limits for a reason. When he is 10 are you going to buy him a child’s ticket?

There are other ways you can save money in the parks.

Lisa, I just noticed your due date is tomorrow and you're naming her Isabella. From one happy family with an Isabella to another

CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES on your new Disney Princess!princess:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter