Not a disney bride.... yet

FutureBride1027

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend and I have been together for almost two years, we are waiting until I am done with college to get married, but I am expecting a proposal soon. Our trip to Disney is supposed to be our pre-hurrah to our honeymoon which is to be followed by a house, mortgage and children, so we are trying to do it right the first time in case there isn't another. Seeing as you were all proposed to in Disney I was hoping you could give me a tip as to how to lose some weight (if he pops the question down there I want to look my best!) Stupid, I know, but you were all beautiful brides!!! If you have any tips please share. I have 5 months and I'll appreciate any ideas! Thank you so much, and congratulations!!! :flower2:

Start Walking!!!

I used to go to the gym all the time, and then when I graduated college and started my new job I didn't have the time to go to the gym. I was depressed about it because I had some college pounds that I wanted to get rid of. Luckily my office is about 8 blocks from the train station (about a 15-20min walk), so I had to walk that route everyday (rain or shine :sunny: ) Before I knew I had dropped about two sizes without even thinking about it!!

My best advice is just start walking . . .the pounds will melt away!!

I had dreams and knew he was proposing at Discovery Cove... he was also coming home from a 6 month miitary deployment so it was important to me to look good as well. Try Winsor Pilates for toning and just walking for weight loss. Of course, you have to eat right or you're going to sabotage yourself.

If you have the cash or are willing to open a line of credit, some of the weight loss programs are great. For example, Wieght Watchers, LA Wight Loss, etc.

Replace any juice, soda, alcohol you usually drink with water. One of the best things we ever did was buy a Brita pitcher. The city water was terrible and we weren't willing to pay for bottled water. The pitcher provides you a constant source of good-tasting, cold water. When you open the fridge, you're more likely to grab a glass of water than something else. Drinks you put into your body are empty calories and add up quickly.

I purchased "Buff Brides" by Sue Fleming. It's an awesome, awesome program. For me, the self-discipline part was tough. But when DFi pushed me to do it (having gone to the Naval Academy, he is super self-disciplined when it comes to working out), I got it done. I wish I had known about the program and started it at the 6 months mark and not the 6 week mark. You don't bulk up, but tone the "bride's trouble areas" quickly... arms, waist, abs, butt.

Check out the W.I.S.H board here for tips and support, too!

And remember, he already thinks you are the most beautiful woman in the world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter