Northern Beach Party

S

SpottyDog

Just to remind those plannin to stay over at South Shields in July you should be makin yer accomo bookins (if yer haven't already). As it's the weekend of the Sunderland Airshow (5 miles away), it's likely accomodation may get harder to arrange as we get nearer to July.

Touristy info is on 0191 454 6612 (10am -1pm and 2pm till 5.30) for accomo guides. I've still got last year's on me hard drive if anyone would like me to e mail them details.

For them that haven't a clue what I'm on about the beach Party is the third Northern Meet (27 & 28 July) and all are welcome.
Nowt fancy, this is just a 'come as yer please' family picnin held on South Shields beach. We make it a weekend event to add value for those that are travellin some way and to make meetin yer feller DISers easier over the two days.

If yer can only come for one afternoon, come anyway - we've got beer!

General info and directions can be found on our website www.uknorthernmeet.co.uk. There's even piccies and our video.
(If nowt else, have a look at DFM's Cruise video, it's fabulous - but we weren't there!)

Hope to see lots of yer at Shields.

I'd just like to add that we are hoping to be moved into our new house by then, and if we are, then we'd like to invite you all along to a house-warming at our new house - probably on the Saturday evening.

We will be living in Whitley Bay, which is just a few miles north of South Shields, through the Tyne Tunnel.

Bev

Got my B&B all booked and I'm ready to roll!! :)

If anyone wants any help or info from me just drop me a p.m. or e-mail. :wave:

Astrid x

.. I think I have already mentioned it to you Dave, but I'll be in Canada that weekend so won't be able to make it.
I just know you are all going to have a brilliant time if last year's reports were anything to go by!

Dave,

I'm still not sure yet if I can come, and on top of that I'm not sure if I'll B&B it. Do you have any info on campsites by any chance? I love to camp and don't get much opportunity, so might use this as an opportunity :)

Penny :)

Penny - I'm sure Dave will be along with the details, but I know there is a caravan site very near the beach where we met last year, so I would have thought that camping was allowed there too.

Bev

Sorry, PennyMod, me header page's not refreshin so I didn't know you'd asked a question.

As Bev says, there's a camp site directly opposite the beach where we'll be and another along the road. I'm mailin yer the details - hope you and Simon can join us.

We are definitely going to attend this year. Just the accommodation to book - so get the beer in and see you there.

Kev

Hi Dave,

We'd love to come, but we'll be in Holland with 42 school kids that weekend. We could take a slight detour and decend on you (kids included )if you like?:D

Janice:bounce: :bounce:

For those looking to stay the weekend there is a nice travel lodge style hotel that we used last year and have booked again this year the Fountain Lodge Hotel
Family rooms, bar, restaurant and kiddies play barn, 1 min Mac D's and large Co Op, 6 mins from the beach.

See you at South Shields :D

Fingers crossed I'm gonna come up for some of this - I'll concentrate on planning this when I get back.

That's great, Sam. it might be advisable to make a provisonal room bookin before you go as it's the main holiday fortnight up here so was very busy last year.

EDIT- oops! didn't realise yer goin in the mornin! I'm sure we'll find somewhere for yer when you get back.

Happy Holidays!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter