North Face sizing?

garnet1240

Please stand clear of the doors.....
Can anyone let me know how sizing runs for North Face Denali? I'm on the fence ordering a womens medium or large for my DD.

Thanks for any help!

Gail

I just purchased a North Face denali jacket for my DD (19), and she said to get her a medium. She's almost 5'10, about 115 - 120 lbs (tall, thin), so I'm not sure if she wanted a medium because she needed the arm length or other considerations for fit. I know she's borrowed a friend's in the past, so I hope she's got the size right.

Are you getting a good deal anywhere? I'm afraid to ask, since I already got hers. LOL I went to a Sports Authority and used a $25 coupon, so got it for $140. I think I might have seen it online for less, but didn't want to take the chance of getting it on time because besides that, she's only requested "The Sound of Music" for Christmas. :eek:

My DD18 asked for a medium too...I'm just concerned they run small. She's about 5'6" 135....Ordering online at Citysports.com ..they have a 30% coupon . Brings the price to $115..

As I'm debating size, my other DD22 says..."hey you found that on sale, i want for xmass too!"

Ordered two....lol

I usually buy a woman's large for my daughter in most items. She tried on a Woman's XL Northface fleece coat & it barely fit. I would go with the Large.

I think the medium should be fine...I wear a women's medium and I am 5'9" and 145 lbs

I typically wear an adult medium in any type of sweatshirt or jacket, but in the North Face Denali, I either have to get a large (which is still quite tight over the bust area) or an x-large (which is more roomy through the bust area, but is bigger all over too). I would say the sizes run small, but it also depends on body type as well.

I am 29 I bought a kids XL. I am 5'1 and about 90-95 pounds. It is actually a bit big since most like it snug. So if she is petite you can save some $$ by buying a kids size.

Thanks everyone for your help! I ended up ordering a large..that way if she wants to layer something underneath she'll have the room.

Merry Christmas!!:santa:

My DD18 asked for a medium too...I'm just concerned they run small. She's about 5'6" 135....Ordering online at Citysports.com ..they have a 30% coupon . Brings the price to $115..

As I'm debating size, my other DD22 says..."hey you found that on sale, i want for xmass too!"

Ordered two....lol

Thanks everyone for your help! I ended up ordering a large..that way if she wants to layer something underneath she'll have the room.

Merry Christmas!!:santa:

I see you've already ordered so hopefully it will work out great for you. My daughter is about 5'8" and weighs about 140 lbs. She has a slim to average build. I buy her a Medium in North Face. I've bought several different items, and the sizing has been consistent. She can wear bulky sweaters under hers, and it not be too tight, but it's also fine if she just has regular shirt under it.

Good luck with yours, and Merry Christmas! :santa:

I would like to add a denali hoodie to my Christmas list but need to be really specific about the size. I normally wear a women's medium or a size 10 in tops. What size jacket do I need??

Sleeve length has been an issue on 2 different sizes. Eventually we got Mountain Hardwear. The NF sleeves were just too short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter