Nook vs Kindlke

I have a Kindle Fire, my parents have Nooks. They just ended up buying an iPad because they were unhappy with the selection of Apps for Nooks. If you're just going to use it for reading, then either will suit her needs, but if she is going to download and use apps, I would go with the Kindle. I love being able to read on it, then pass it to my kids when they want to play games-- lots of apps on there. LOVE my Kindle!

I would go with Kindle because I hear Bezos is experimenting with a Netflix for ebooks type thing. Would be in heaven if that was true.

That would be great! I would switch to a Kindle for that feature if it happens. I use a Nook Simple Touch GlowLight right now, and I like it, but it's expensive to feed my reading habit. I have found some good deals, but I have already read most of the classics that are inexpensive or free. I read about 5-7 books a month, depending on their length and my schedule. I'm picky about what I read - I can't tolerate poorly written or cheesy fiction, and most of the better fiction is well over $10 per book.

I was interested to read the comments about self-publishing...I think I'll post a separate thread about that and see what people have to say on the topic. :scratchin

I have a nook color that my 8 year old 4th grader loves to use. We really only use it for books and Netflix so that's all ill speak on. There is no lack of free books, plus the library has tons....we enjoy the in store feature of being able to read, I'm sure it's more of a preference thing so if she wants the nook, get a nook.

After much deliberation, I wound up going with the Kindle. Very happy with my purchase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter