non-smoking rooms?????

shelbyjosh

<font color=purple>DVC/OKW Member<br><font color=t
Do the ships have any dedicated NON-SMOKING rooms? DD is an asthmatic and I would prefer not to be in a room that has the stink of smoke.

Hi shelbyjosh,

As aprilgail2 mentioned, all rooms are non smoking. The only thing you might want to consider in chosing your room is that the verandas are not non-smoking, and if you are stuck next to someone who smokes heavily, you will smell it on your verandah. If it's a big concern, you might consder either an inside cabin, or a navigators veranda (where it's just a big porthole...)

Hope that helps
Katdb

Another good strategy to avoid smokers on the verandah next to yours is to choose a stateroom with another room on only one side or with a nav verandah next door. That decreases your chances of a next door chain smoker by 50 percent.
Also, on Castaway Cay, choose chairs that are not real close to other people. Somehow I have a talent for ended up with chain smokers sitting next to me on the beach...ugh!
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Yes, on Disney Cruise Line, 100% of the staterooms are non-smoking. Passengers with verandah staterooms are allowed to smoke on their verandahs, but not inside.

There is only one ship on any other cruise line with non-smoking staterooms. The Carnival Paradise is 100% non-smoking anywhere on the ship -- but only until September, when the ship will move to California.

Throughout the rest of the cruise industry, there are no non-smoking staterooms. You're free to smoke or not to smoke in any room on Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, NCL, and Holland-America. (I know because I called them all.) And, yes, the previous occupants of your room might have been a family of 3-pack-a-day chain-smokers. I'm told the other crusie lines do a good job cleaning between passengers, but I guess I'll never know.

Non-smoking staterooms are the number one reason why our next cruise will again be on Disney Cruise Line.

Yes the cabins are supposed to be 100 non-smoking EXCEPT the one that we were supposed to be in Jan 29-Feb 1 on the Wonder.

Someone had smoked in that cabin the night before/morning of the cruise before us. It absolutely reeked in there:eek:

We had to ask them if they had another cabin we could use. Even the cabin steward agreed with us, he said he had tried to remove the smell but was not successful. You could even smell it faintly in the cabin next to us that our friends were staying in.:(

They found us another cabin and even moved our friends with us. We ended up with an ugrade because of it. We would have been happy to take the same category as long as the room did not smell ::yes::

Originally posted by Cruisin'Kroezes
Yes the cabins are supposed to be 100 non-smoking EXCEPT the one that we were supposed to be in Jan 29-Feb 1 on the Wonder.

Someone had smoked in that cabin the night before/morning of the cruise before us. It absolutely reeked in there:eek:

You could even smell it faintly in the cabin next to us that our friends were staying in.:( ::yes::

I hope DCL called the previous occupants of your cabin and sent them a bill for cleaning it... I know they didn't, but it would be nice to teach the inconsiderate person a lesson... I'm sorry, but rules are rules, they couldn't smoke outside like everyone else should be doing.
011.gif
.. oh, I know, the smoke blew back into the cabin... yeah, that's it...
Sorry, I'm getting off my "reformed smoker" soapbox now..
1106.gif

TA told us that the staterooms are 100% non-smoking. I visited one inside stateroom that stank of smoke.

I am an asthmatic and we had a MAJOR problem with our Verandah neighbor, a chainsmoker who seemed to be out there every minute of the 2/28 western cruise. Anytime we opened the door, POOF! smoke filled the room. We ended up with a very expensive window. Guest services sent up a Hepa filter to try and clean our air in the room. The ship was filled and they couldn't move us within our category; we would have to settle for a downgrade with no guarantee that the neighbor was a non-smoker and with the warning that the room was highlighted (6060) as an 'elevator room'.

If the ship were in port -- open the door and WHAM -- SMOKE!
We were forward of the room and even while cruising, the smoke was still coming forward.

As a claustrophobic person, I couldn't even consider an inside stateroom (although I would have loved to have saved the money).

I wish smoking were banned from the staterooms and verandahs and that in addition to the deck areas, special 'cigar lounges' would be available to our friends who are hooked on nicotine who want to smoke indoors.

They should make the smoke detectors very sensitive (like in the bathroom of an airplane) so that when they smoke in the room it sets of their smoke detector!

I am glad to hear that all rooms are supposed to be n/s. We need to keep her away from smoke as much as possible. How are the restaurants? Are they smoke-free? We are looking at a cat 8-9 room. Not really interested in the verandah, anyway. DH said no way to an inside stateroom. He needs that porthole!!

Restaurants are non smoking too but stay away from the clubs after 9...they are filled with smoke!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter