Non roller coaster fast pass recommendations please!

roopster

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Our fast pass booking day is coming up soon for our first ever trip to WDW and I would really appreciate some help in which rides to go for.

The thing is, our party consists of my wife (likes rollercoasters), me (doesn't & gets sick!), my 8 yr old daughter (really doesn't & gets sick!), almost 4 yr old son (no idea,but too small anyway?) and my wife's parents (no rollercoasters for health reasons!)

Our trip is only 5 days, so we have planned 2 days in MK and 1 day in each of the other parks.

I have read the touring plans and all the advice is geared towards using FP for rollercoasters! What would you recommend we use the FP on for non rollercoasters?

Thanks!

Depending on your touring plan, these attractions can require a FP:

MK - Peter Pan, Winnie the Poo, Enchanted Tales with Belle, Haunted Mansion, Dumbo, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Buzz Lightyear, tomorrowland speedway.

EPCOT - there are no coasters here, so your group can really ride everything. Test Track isn't a coaster (but it depends on your parents' health, I'm not a doctor ;) ), and Mission Space green is a tame simulator (44 inch hight requirement). The hardest FP to get right now is Frozen Ever After, so if you're interested that would be the top tier one to get and you can rope drop Soarin'.

Animal Kingdom - only coaster here is Expedition Everest. Also, stay away from Primeval Whirl. Flight of Passage is a simulator (44 inches), Dinosaur is just jolty and bouncy like a wild jeep (DH can't ride it because of his back) but not a coaster at all. so get a FP for Navi River Journey, and the other two really depend on your touring plan. The one attraction that never needs a FP is It's Tough to be a Bug.

DHS - the only coaster here is Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. Tower of Terror depends on your family. I think for sure a FP for Toy Story Mania. For your two second tier attractions it depends on your interests...I'll just add that I've seen Voyage of the Little a Mermaid with long lines, so we always FP it.

I don't know how helpful this was, it's just hard to tell you "do this!!!" when I don't know what your family likes and what order you plan on touring the park in.

Whatever you do, you'll have a great time!

In MK I'd definitely recommend getting a fast pass for Peter Pan's Flight. The queue is cute and interactive but I've seen the wait time reach like 70 minutes. There's also the Little Mermaid ride, Small World, and Winnie the Pooh, although I'm not sure of their wait times. There's also the Jungle Cruise that I'd definitely recommend a fast pass for as it seems to fill up fast. For Epcot, there's definitely Frozen Ever After. I've never seen its wait time under an hour and it's got two small drops (they're not bad. I detest any sort of "thrill" but this ride is cute) but if you're determined to ride absolutely get a fast pass. We also like the Grand Fiesta ride although I'm not certain of the wait times so I'm not sure if you'd want to use a fast pass. There's also the Nemo ride. HS has Midway Mania, although if you/your family get sick easily you may have to skip this (its 3D, fairly spinny) but if you decide you want to do this, get a fast pass or you'll be waiting all day. For AK, we always get one for Kilimanjaro Safaris. I also can't speak towards the new Pandora rides but definitely give them a look and book fast passes for those if you decide (I think there's a slow boat style ride but I'm not certain). Hopefully somebody will be able to provide more accurate wait times but I hope this helps!

Thanks so much! These are both really helpful and will give us a great starting point to look at the rides with the kids so they can see which ones they really want to do.

Would just like to mention Toy Story Midway Mania at DHS again. My family is also extremely prone to motion sickness and avoid spinning rides and crazy coasters. Toy Story is very very very tame. i wouldn't hesitate recommending this ride for your family for a second if the concern is motion sickness.

Not sure what all of your family members issues are to know the limitations but we don't like rides with hills or upside down but will do motion simulators so at Epcot we do a FP for Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land along with Soarin' or Test Track. At DHS we do a FP for Indiana Jones or Frozen and Star Tours. They have for Muppets as well. They used to for the Great Moviev Ride if still there and Fantasmic. At AK we get one for the Safari. At MK we have gotten them for Small World, Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Tomorrowland Speedway, Little Mermaid, and Jungle Cruise.

If I were to get fast passes with no roller coaster I would:

MK: Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Jungle Cruise

But, you need to go through the Peter Pan line once to see the cool stuff in the line.

I don't do most roller coasters and there are plenty of rides that need fastpasses that are not roller coasters.
MK:
Peter Pan's flight (huge wait times)
Haunted Mansion
Tomorrowland Speedway (I really enjoy this ride - the wait times get long)
Buzz Lightyear - our of our favorite rides
Jungle Cruise
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Enchanted tales of Belle
Meet any of the princesses
Meet Talking Mickey

MK rides that you don't have to book Fastpasses for:
Dumbo
Mickeys Philharmagic
It's a Small World
Monster's Inc
Pirates of the Carribean

EPCOT - we all love Soarin and Spaceship Earth - the other rides really don't need fastpasses - but you can fastpass Crush or Nemo. Those are fun.

DS: Agree with the above poster FP+ for Toy Story Mania for sure! It's very smooth and causes me no motion sickness at all. If your wife likes rollercoaster, she can ride the singer rider at RnRC.
MK: Haunted Mansion, Buzz and Peter Pan
EPCOT: Frozen
AK: Navi River and Safari

Would just like to mention Toy Story Midway Mania at DHS again. My family is also extremely prone to motion sickness and avoid spinning rides and crazy coasters. Toy Story is very very very tame. i wouldn't hesitate recommending this ride for your family for a second if the concern is motion sickness.
Actually I have to close my eyes for the spins or I would have problems. But that's not a big deal at all.

Hi,

Our fast pass booking day is coming up soon for our first ever trip to WDW and I would really appreciate some help in which rides to go for.

The thing is, our party consists of my wife (likes rollercoasters), me (doesn't & gets sick!), my 8 yr old daughter (really doesn't & gets sick!), almost 4 yr old son (no idea,but too small anyway?) and my wife's parents (no rollercoasters for health reasons!)

Our trip is only 5 days, so we have planned 2 days in MK and 1 day in each of the other parks.

I have read the touring plans and all the advice is geared towards using FP for rollercoasters! What would you recommend we use the FP on for non rollercoasters?

Thanks!
These attractions will likely be fine for all of you, and FastPass can be very helpful for them:

• Magic Kingdom: Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Enchanted Tales with Belle, all character meets that offer FP, Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Epcot: Soarin', Frozen Ever After, Epcot Character Spot
  • Animal Kingdom: Kilimanjaro Safaris, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, Character meet
  • Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Midway Mania, Great Movie Ride, Frozen

These attractions should definitely be avoided:

• Magic Kingdom: Any ride with the word "Mountain" in it, the Barnstormer
  • Epcot: Test Track, Mission Space
  • Animal Kingdom: Expedition Everest
  • Hollywood Studios: Rockin' Roller Coaster

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! I didn't know you can fast pass character meets as well. Is that ever worth doing, or would you say since we are only there for 5 days the rides are a better use of the FP? (We are doing some dining reservations - Chef Mickeys, CRT, BOG, plus Star Wars Tour and the Halloween party!)
Also we arrive on a Sunday late afternoon - we are staying at the Bay Lake Tower so should we fast pass anything for that early evening in MK if we just want to have a quick hour in then park before the kids gets too tired? (We have a two week ticket as it was cheaper than buying 5 days!)

You can always pick up and drop fast passes on the Disney Experience app, which I would recommend getting, if possible. You know your kids better than anyone and if you think they're up for a trek to the park, even if its just an hour, then I say definitely try and find some fast passes.

I've fast passed the mickey, Minnie, goofy meet and greet at Epcot before and I can tell you its absolutely worth it if you're going during a busy time. We only waited a total of 5-10 minutes combined to meet each of them. This is especially useful if you have little ones who will see them in other parks and want to wait in line for them. Getting the big 3 in one go is priceless!

I've fast passed the mickey, Minnie, goofy meet and greet at Epcot before and I can tell you its absolutely worth it if you're going during a busy time. We only waited a total of 5-10 minutes combined to meet each of them. This is especially useful if you have little ones who will see them in other parks and want to wait in line for them. Getting the big 3 in one go is priceless!
Ditto. I was glad we did this. Most of the Epxot attractions we wanted were Tier One anyway, so it was fun to use one for the characters.

Thanks everyone! I didn't know you can fast pass character meets as well. Is that ever worth doing, or would you say since we are only there for 5 days the rides are a better use of the FP? (We are doing some dining reservations - Chef Mickeys, CRT, BOG, plus Star Wars Tour and the Halloween party!)
Also we arrive on a Sunday late afternoon - we are staying at the Bay Lake Tower so should we fast pass anything for that early evening in MK if we just want to have a quick hour in then park before the kids gets too tired? (We have a two week ticket as it was cheaper than buying 5 days!)

I always have big ideas of doing some park time on my arrival day, and it never works out unless I arrive very early and can take a quick nap first. If you are travelling far, or spending a lot of time on planes, I would not recommend pushing it, especially with young children. It's better to have a relaxing evening so that you are well rested for the first full day of touring. I recommend taking the boat from BLT to Fort Wilderness. The kids can see the animals and you can take a relaxing stroll or wagon/carriage ride. Trail's End is a great restaurant too. Another idea would be to watch the Electric Water Pageant and Fireworks from the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter