non park attractions

chimommy

Mouseketeer
planning a last min spring break trip. we might try and do one day at magic kingdom... but overall we will probably be skipping parks and spending a lot of time at our resort pool. I think we are also going to try a day trip to clearwater. Anyone have any other non-park activities you like to do in Orlando or Restaurants you like to visit? Thanks!

planning a last min spring break trip. we might try and do one day at magic kingdom... but overall we will probably be skipping parks and spending a lot of time at our resort pool. I think we are also going to try a day trip to clearwater. Anyone have any other non-park activities you like to do in Orlando or Restaurants you like to visit? Thanks!

As you can see by my signature below, we like to spend at least half of our Orlando vacation time doing that!

We tend to have a shopping day, play minigolf, visit Disney Springs and/or eat at a Disney Resort hotel. We have also visited the Kennedy Space Center, Aquatica waterpark and Discovery Cove. On our upcoming trip are going to check out the Orlando Science Center and the I-Drive 360 attractions and maybe go to the Disney Boardwalk and play minigolf at Fantasia Gardens.

One of our favorite things to do, is to take a day trip to Clearwater Beach! Also spend a night a night over at Universal CityWalk, so many different restaurants than DS.

We love to do miniature golf when we are down there. There are quite a few of them around to choose from, even a few on Disney property. You can usually find coupons for a dollar off each round (for the non-Disney courses), so that could help with the budget.

A couple of years ago we did a trip to Bok Tower Gardens. It's not super exhilarating, but it was a nice break from the chaos.

If you feel like venturing into the Downtown Orlando area, there is a little lake where they have swan boats that you can paddle around the lake in. There is a walking path around the lake. Sometimes they have events going on around the lake, so you might get lucky and be able to participate in something unexpected.

We also like to do a trip to the Cocoa beach area.

Have a great trip!

Orlando has lots of great local areas to explore, both Downtown Orlando (Lake Eola/Thornton Park area) and Winter Park (Park Avenue area) are well worth a visit.. There are also some great local museums (Orlando Museum of Art, Morse Museum, Orlando Science Center, etc.) and if you feel like venturing further, the Kennedy Space Center is about an hour from Orlando and also well worth a visit..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter