non-alcoholic beverages

BurTam

Earning My Ears
I thought I knew everything there was to know about our upcoming Disney cruise on the Magic but after speaking with a coworker of my DH's who mentioned her drink bill came up to almost $1000, I'm a little confused about the included beverages. I know I've seen a post on this already but the search function isn't working right now! :confused:

I know we can get free soft drinks from the drink station on Deck 9. I also know there is a charge if we order soft drinks from the bars and lounges, room service and outside the movie theatre and of course alcoholic beverages have a charge.

I'm assuming the non-alcoholic beverages are free in the main dining rooms? (except the smoothies?) What about milk and water? My DD's are huge milk drinkers. Can we get milk at the soft drink station on deck 9?

Sorry for the questions. Our cruise leaves in a week and I think I'm starting to panic about making sure I'm not forgetting anything. :eek:

With a bill that high I would imagine that they were not drinking non-alchoholic beverages for the trip. Bars and lounges also serve non-alchoholic mocktails as well which are charged.

You are right, sodas, milk, teas, coffee and hot chocolate are free in the Cabana's/Buffet areas of the ship as well as in the dining rooms. Other locations - bars, lounges, room service they are not.

Yes, there is milk at the drink station. Also, coffee, teas (assorted - hot & cold), hot chocolate packs, water.

:cutie:

Also, the coffees in Cove Cafe are extra charge. I think the above poster is correct in assuming that they were not drinking non-alcoholic beverages. Beverages in dining rooms are included for all meals as well (even at Palo).

Thanks everyone! I was shocked when I heard her bill but you're right. I'm sure it was a lot of alcoholic and/or specialty drinks. She also mentioned water so maybe they got a lot of bottled water too?

Either way, I'm glad to hear that my assumptions were correct. I think my DH's co-worker scared him into thinking there was going to be a huge bill at the end of our trip. Glad I can put his mind at ease.

I'm pretty sure his co-worker wasn't a member of DISboards that's for sure! :rotfl2:

Anyone know if Chocolate milk is at the drink stations?

No, but you can usually get Hershey's syrup over by the ice cream area. I have often made myself chocolate milk by using milk from beverage station and syrup from the ice cream area.

There are cartons of choc milk you can take from the breakfast buffet as well...if you wanted to keep a few in your room.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter