Nomad Lounge

MrsBueno

Earning My Ears
Hi All! thanks in advance for the help. We’re headed to AK on Thursday 2.25. It looks like you can see the character boats from the outdoor seating at Nomad Lounge which is awesome as we’d love to have some food and a drink while the kids kept an eye out for their favs. Anyone have a recent experience with this? Do we need to be sitting on the outside rail to see them and are they only tables of two?

There are some tables right along the rail but you can see the river easily from the inner row of outdoor seating too.

Here's one of each of the boats from October 2020 taken from the patio at Nomad Lounge. AND the tables are spaced far enough apart that kiddos can stand up if you're seated at the couches and walk over to the rails as long as they slip their masks back up.

Donald, Daisy, and Launchpad

Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto

Goofy, Chip & Dale

Pocahontas and Meeko

Timon & Rafikki

It took about an hour (or so) for all of the boats to go by. I ordered a cocktail and some sliders. Then, after eating that, ordered some churros and finished that just as the boats were beginning to repeat.

Here's one of each of the boats from October 2020 taken from the patio at Nomad Lounge. AND the tables are spaced far enough apart that kiddos can stand up if you're seated at the couches and walk over to the rails as long as they slip their masks back up.

Donald, Daisy, and Launchpad

View attachment 558040

Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto

View attachment 558041

Goofy, Chip & Dale

View attachment 558042

Pocahontas and Meeko

View attachment 558043

Timon & Rafikki

View attachment 558044

It took about an hour (or so) for all of the boats to go by. I ordered a cocktail and some sliders. Then, after eating that, ordered some churros and finished that just as the boats were beginning to repeat.
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was hoping to do too.

What is the process to get a table? Is it a stand and wait type thing? No ADRs right?

What is the process to get a table? Is it a stand and wait type thing? No ADRs right?

Nomad Lounge does not take ADRS.

They do participate in the digital Walk-Up-Waitlist (@Pumbaa_ has been gathering experiences here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/walk-up-dining-experiences.3826084/ ) and you get a text when your table is ready.

The Waitlist is opened when the lounge opens (at 11 AM) and you can join it from anywhere in the park. Note, however, that they first seat anyone waiting to get in (the line usually begins forming around 10:30-10:45), seat those people physically waiting, and then begin calling those on the list.

If you REALLY want to eat there early it's helpful to be there waiting in line. But, since it's open until park close, it's easy to join the line as you exit a ride....

Hi All! thanks in advance for the help. We’re headed to AK on Thursday 2.25. It looks like you can see the character boats from the outdoor seating at Nomad Lounge which is awesome as we’d love to have some food and a drink while the kids kept an eye out for their favs. Anyone have a recent experience with this? Do we need to be sitting on the outside rail to see them and are they only tables of two?
You can see the character flotillas from all but the last outdoor table and couch (the ones at the farthest point from the entrance). The view was blocked for us by trees on the last couch. Definitely get there early if you want outdoor seating - people start lining up around 10:30 and I believe there are only 6 outdoor couches, the rest being 2-tops. Once they seat everyone physically waiting, they open up the virtual waitlist but in our experience, there were only indoor tables left.

How do you get outside seating on the virtual waitlist? Or can you? We definitely want to be outside. Maybe we will just have to get in line early before they open

How do you get outside seating on the virtual waitlist? Or can you? We definitely want to be outside. Maybe we will just have to get in line early before they open
If you open up the map on MDE and choose “dining” it will show the waitlist time and have an option to join the waitlist. You can request outdoor seating when you join the waitlist.

OP be aware that if you don’t have a table by the rail that the boats move FAST! Keep the masks handy to jump up and take a peek.

Last edited:

Not necessarily. Though people linger at Nomad Lounge, they usually don't do so for more than an hour so there should be plenty of availability on the patio on and off throughout the day.

The last two times I've been, I was in line to park by 7 AM for an 8 AM opening so I was always ready for some food by 11. But don't let it discourage you from trying later in the day.

Not necessarily. Though people linger at Nomad Lounge, they usually don't do so for more than an hour so there should be plenty of availability on the patio on and off throughout the day.

The last two times I've been, I was in line to park by 7 AM for an 8 AM opening so I was always ready for some food by 11. But don't let it discourage you from trying later in the day.
Right, when we were there recently, we were in the first wave to be seated outside at 11:00. Every table filled up then. We noticed most turned over around 12:15-12:30 when we were leaving and that there was availability at that point for the next wave of people.

Thank you all so much for the advice! We walked up at 10:45 today and were able to snag a table on the porch when they opened at 11 (Spot on that it filled up at open but tables then became available about 12:15). The host confirmed that the kids were welcome to go up to the rail to wave when the boats came by as long as everyone was properly masked up. This was such a great spot to hang out and have an adult beverage and some amazing food while the kids got to see their favorites.

Very random note but kids may have trouble on the couches. They’re kid of deep and loungy and we were fighting a bit of a losing battle to keep feet off of furniture.E602ECE2-5862-423D-A369-1CBE28DB5909.jpeg80F20DDC-5033-4778-B174-9FBB185FDE1A.jpeg84948194-53B2-4D49-960D-967D891A6A5C.jpeg5E3D6ABD-D831-4A3B-BA7B-B40A57CE9968.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for the advice! We walked up at 10:45 today and were able to snag a table on the porch when they opened at 11 (Spot on that it filled up at open but tables then became available about 12:15). The host confirmed that the kids were welcome to go up to the rail to wave when the boats came by as long as everyone was properly masked up. This was such a great spot to hang out and have an adult beverage and some amazing food while the kids got to see their favorites. (I have no idea how to post a photo but will do so when I figure it out)

I am SO glad to hear that it worked out and you enjoyed it! I think it's one of the best spots to hang out in the parks!

By looking at the photos it looks like the outlying tables outdoors are only for 2. Any chance they would allow 3 there?

By looking at the photos it looks like the outlying tables outdoors are only for 2. Any chance they would allow 3 there?
Unfortunately no, we asked recently since we were a party of 3 and all couches were taken, and they said they cannot change the seating arrangement or the spacing due to current distancing guidelines. We ended up with a couch inside but definitely missed the atmosphere of the outdoor section. The food and drinks were as good as always tho 😊

Unfortunately no, we asked recently since we were a party of 3 and all couches were taken, and they said they cannot change the seating arrangement or the spacing due to current distancing guidelines. We ended up with a couch inside but definitely missed the atmosphere of the outdoor section. The food and drinks were as good as always tho 😊

I had a feeling it was a no, but never hurts to ask. Thank you for your help. Now my only decision is which cocktail ... 😜

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter