No VGF available

JaneSparrow

Mouseketeer
So today is our 4-month window. I tried very early using the online reservation system for DVC members and I kept getting the message regarding the 4 month window. :rolleyes1

Planned to call MS at 9AM but still kept trying online. Then my request finally went through online at around 8:30AM. However, the response is that there are no rooms available. :headache:

I was trying to book a studio standard view for 1 night on 11/29. We already have a reservation at BLT so I waitlisted. We will probably cancel the waitlist at the time we contact DME - we just like everything to be settled.

That is not surprising- most of very late Nov/early Dec was booked well before the 4 month mark- like lots of it by the end of June by VGF owners. There are owners on waitlists for the beginning of Dec already and have been for a little while.

if you wanted it, i would have tried to ride the waitlist for a couple of months anyway.

i did the same thing (for a less busy part of november with VGF) and waitlisted a stay before MS opened at 9am. i was very surprised to see my waitlist come through less than a week later.

definitely set the waitlist to cancel at 31 days out (or cancel it yourself earlier than that if you lose patience) but it can be worth it to try...

(i have also ridden the waitlist and it never came through - i did not have high expectations with the VGF - but anything is possible...)

That is not surprising- most of very late Nov/early Dec was booked well before the 4 month mark- like lots of it by the end of June by VGF owners. There are owners on waitlists for the beginning of Dec already and have been for a little while.

Pretty much on the nose. ::yes::

So today is our 4-month window. I tried very early using the online reservation system for DVC members and I kept getting the message regarding the 4 month window. :rolleyes1

How early was it when you were trying to use the oline reservation system? The 4-month window (or 7-month for the other villas) does not open until 8:00am Eastern, so that could be why you were getting the error.

How early was it when you were trying to use the oline reservation system? The 4-month window (or 7-month for the other villas) does not open until 8:00am Eastern, so that could be why you were getting the error.

::yes:: 7AM - so that explains it. I actually thought that it would be available at 12:01AM.

At this point, we immediately made the decision to stick with our current ressies which are both at BLT and cancel the waitlist. That way we can check in and check out at the same counter in the AM before leaving for the theme park. With VGF, I will have to wake up early and head to BLT to check in, then go back to VGF to check out, luggage to Bell Services then head for 9AM ADR at Hollywood and Vine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter