No trash bags in trash cans - is this new for onsite resorts?

MARY-IN-OH

DIS Veteran
On my last couple of stays onsite, we have experienced no bags in trash cans (the liners). This has happened at ASMo and Wilderness Lodge Boulder Ridge. Is this a matter of being "green" for the environment? Or, perhaps they just forgot to put them in the can? I didn't want to put messy food containers right in the (way too small) cans in the room. Last week, we luckily had a couple of grocery bags we were able to use. For the next trip, I'll add trash bags to my packing list. Just wondered your thoughts about this (and if you've experienced this).

Just returned from a week stay at Boulder Ridge... plastic bags lining all 3 receptacles in our studio, and changed out daily.

I'm pretty sure it's been years since I've seen a bag in the bins and before 2020 I had stayed perhaps 9 times in the previous 3 years. It always bothers me and I typically just use the grocery bags from my food orders to put things in.

So generally speaking, if you don't have grocery bags with you, and you eat in your room, you throw the food containers in the can and not worry about the food all over the can. Then housekeeping washes them out (or not - since there is limited housekeeping right now)... Agree with PP who said "gross"

I've started taking a few grocery bags in my suitcase since I never know if I might need to wrap something up or use the bag. I've used them in the can before because I wear daily contacts and to me it's just gross to toss them without a bag.

I eat breakfast in the room and always take my trash with me when I leave and toss it in the elevator trash can. Or if I bring food back I do the same. Even with the bags, since I skip housekeeping, I don't want the food trash in the room.

Am I weird in that when I took food back from the QS to eat in the room, I put the containers back in the bag I carried them over in and put that bag in the trash can? My food and scraps were probably MORE protected than if I'd just tossed them in a bin with a plastic bag.

I agree liners have been gone for awhile. It doesn't bother me so much as the fact that they are so small. You can hardly get anything in them. We end up with piles of trash next to the can.

There were no bags in the cans at POP in September. I just walked out of the room and dropped the messy food containers in the trashcan next to the elevators. Really didn't want them in the room.

I have never seen liners in the bins. And it has always bothered me so much that I literally bring a roll of medium sized trash can liners on vacation with us. I get the heebie jeebies about throwing trash into an unlined can.

Am I weird in that when I took food back from the QS to eat in the room, I put the containers back in the bag I carried them over in and put that bag in the trash can? My food and scraps were probably MORE protected than if I'd just tossed them in a bin with a plastic bag.

We used to do this in college with takeout and I still do this at home....so I don't think you're weird.

We used to do this in college with takeout and I still do this at home....so I don't think you're weird.

Thanks. I was starting to wonder since so many people apparently don't re-use the bags you carry the food over in for the waste and just throw the food in the cans loose.

I just came back from a stay at the Contemporary and all three tiny garbage cans had liners in them. I also used the paper bags from take out mobile orders for garbage, worked just fine for me.

I hope Mousekeeping services are about to be increased to some extent. I read somewhere on these boards they are calling back lots of housekeepers. If they wear gloves and masks the risks are greatly reduced. Plus Disney encouraging and rewarding its employees for getting vaccinated like they have been will also decrease risks for everyone.

We had no liners at POP so I asked the Mousekeeper that was cleaning a different room and she was able to give me 3.

Currently at YC, we have plastic bags lining the 3 tiny garbage cans in our room. We were at Riviera for 2 nights before YC. The kitchen trash can had a bag, don’t remember about the others. I agree if they continue this housekeeping method, bigger cans would be good. It’s only 2 of us & we aren’t really even eating in the room, but the cans are still filling up.

We were also here last month. The first evening I noticed piles of garbage piled up next to the cans outside the elevators. I thought that was strange & so gross. Then we did a take out order from Ale & Compass & I totally got it. You have so much garbage after doing the take out & it would be even grosser to keep it in the room for 2 days. Also, I noticed all the garbage was picked up from those elevator bank cans pretty quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter