• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No rooms available for first two weeks of June?

MinnieTheGreatDane

Earning My Ears
Just wondering if anyone had any insight as to what's going on with that? No rooms are available at all, either discounted or full price, not even the most expensive ones. Once reservation person I spoke with said they (reservations staff) were all wondering why the rooms were all were blocked suddenly. Another one I spoke with just said it was probably due to popularity. The resort itself didn't know why either. I think something else might be up because absolutely everything is blocked Jun 1- June 17. I even tried reservations including just a couple of the days during this blackout and could not get them. This is just for a regular reservation, not DVC. Thanks!

I'm surprised the cast member didn't know why it's so busy - Aulani is always packed in early June! It might be because:

1. Local schools let out at the end of May
2. DVC owners book vacations for early June before the point requirements go up. No unsold rooms are released for cash bookings.

This year might be busier than ever because:

1. The three day Memorial Day weekend falls at the very end of May
2. Most locals are still choosing staycations over mainland/international trips
3. There's a killer kamaaina discount being offered until June 10.
4. The hotel is still operating at reduced capacity

It was just so weird because they all disappeared overnight! Every single room. I was looking last Thursday and things were available, went to book Friday morning and everything was gone! All of the discounted rooms plus all of the standard rate rooms at every level. Hopefully we get to go sometime this year :)

It was just so weird because they all disappeared overnight! Every single room. I was looking last Thursday and things were available, went to book Friday morning and everything was gone! All of the discounted rooms plus all of the standard rate rooms at every level. Hopefully we get to go sometime this year :)
Are you searching a date range? For example, if you're searching to check in on Monday 6/7 and check out on Friday 6/11, but the night of Wednesday 6/9 is sold out, then your search will turn up no rooms available because your entire date range is not available. I'd suggest checking each night individually and perhaps you can pinpoint which night(s) are actually sold out, and adjust accordingly.

But, I agree with PP that early June is Aulani's busiest time and it makes it even more difficult now at reduced capacity. I'd expect people coming from the mainland would already have that booked by now, and locals are booking up the rest. So if it is truly sold out for the whole duration, that wouldn't surprise me either. Still worth checking each night though IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter