No rooms at CI&S, would you risk Priceline?

firstime discruiser

Earning My Ears
Sending a 'what would you do' to all you experts...

I guess I procrastinated too long in booking our pre-cruise hotel. There are no rooms available at the Country Inn and Suites on April 1. We need (or would really like) a hotel that provides a park and cruise option. I really don't want to pay $200 bucks for the Radisson.

Would you risk it and try to find something on Priceline? I guess I need to decide pretty quickly!

Thanks for the advice :)

If the CI&S is showing up as sold out, you won't be able to get it thru Priceline.

That said, I've been happy with all of my Priceline bookings except one (and that did not involve a Florida vacation). Just be sure that you put in the CAPE Canaveral area ONLY. If you expand to Cocoa Beach, there are lots of places you might get.

Other places with parking option include the Renaissance Inn and the Quality Inn and Suites. My experience with the Quality Inn is that it is much nicer inside than out. It is a sister hotel to the Radisson, so you park at the Radisson and use their shuttle system. (you make the reservation thru the Quality). Breakfast is free, but it not the best hotel breakfast I've had....it's enough to hold the kids till they get lunch on the ship. You might price out these places to assure the parking option.

Sending a 'what would you do' to all you experts...

I guess I procrastinated too long in booking our pre-cruise hotel. There are no rooms available at the Country Inn and Suites on April 1. We need (or would really like) a hotel that provides a park and cruise option. I really don't want to pay $200 bucks for the Radisson.

Would you risk it and try to find something on Priceline? I guess I need to decide pretty quickly!

Thanks for the advice :)

Did you call the hotel direct, or the central ressie system? .......If not call the front desk at the hotel.

I don't know how much this might have to do with it, but when they delayed the shuttle launch until spring, that might have prompted some ressies to be taken up by people hoping to catch it. There was to be one a week prior to our sailing, so I made our CI&S ressie back in September.

I don't know how much this might have to do with it, but when they delayed the shuttle launch until spring, that might have prompted some ressies to be taken up by people hoping to catch it. There was to be one a week prior to our sailing, so I made our CI&S ressie back in September.

Yep, when I emailed CI&S about something for our April 2nd reservation, I was informed that the new launch date is April 1 (and with delays, we now have a chance of seeing the launch). But I assume that means that hotels will be hard to find for the time frame.

Try the Marriott Residence Inn....it is right next door to the CI&S....they have gov't rates if that applies to you and has a free breakfast. You can leave your car there as well. I believe there is a $4 pp charge for the shuttle. Having stayed at both properties I much prefer the MRI to the CIS.

MJ

Personally I love Priceline. We used to use it all the time when we lived in Chicago for the night before our Disney cruises. We were using it for rooms near the Orlando airport, and there was only one really sleezy hotel. The rest were great, and we learned to bid one star level up to avoid the sleezy one. We got some really great rates, although 95 percent of the time the hotels put us in a connecting room.

I understand not wanting to pay the price at the radisson, but I just stayed there precruise the beginning of December, it was very nice and was my second stay. I booked a two room suite through hotels.com a week before my cruise and only paid 125.

We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn last year and loved it! Wonderful breakfast and DH drove us to the port with the luggage then took the car back to RI to leave it for the week and took the shuttle over ($4). Easy peasy...

When I went on the Wonder in February of 2010 we stayed at the Days Inn Cocoa Beach. It was clean, very nice, seemed run by a local guy, very friendly at the front desk. A five hundred yard walk to the Cocoa Beach pier, and a really nice breakfast offered just down the road at a Best Western, and down the road I mean, maybe 500 yards, also near the pier. I would stay there again in a heart beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter