No reservation ?

chrismis

Earning My Ears
has anyone ever gone to a restaurant without reservations?
I've been trying to get Chef Mickey's since June and can't get a reservation.:cool1:

Well, what time of year are you going? I doubt you should just show up. My advice is keep trying! People cancel ressies all the time. Also, the morning you would like to go just call and see if they have availability. I would hate for your child to get disappointed right at chef mickey's.

It's possible, but not terribly likely for a popular place like Chef Mickey's.

If they had a table they would allow you to book it.
They only way you would be successful as a walk up is in the unlikely event of a last minute cancellation or no show.
I wouldn't travel there just to be disappointed

Last year during free dining DW wanted to try Le Cellier again (we had gone there earlier in the week with a reservation) we were in Epcot at Germany and said that is a long way to walk to get turned down, we had seem many get turned down over the years at Le Cellier. We walked up I'd say about 4:00 and I couldn't believe it we got in. So it isn't impossible. Next week we are going and are going to walk up to Le Cellier and see if we have the same luck as last year.
So give it a try. Good luck.
:hippie::cool1:

As a PP stated, if there is no ADR availability, then all of the tables have been booked. They don't hold any tables for walk ups. It's just a fact of life that the more popular restaurants book up early.

The only time I would attempt a walk up for a restaurant I really wanted was if I was going at a really slow time of the year. Definitely never when free dining is going on.

If you keep checking daily for Chef Mickeys (try just putting in "breakfast" or "dinner" instead of a specific time), you might still get lucky. Otherwise perhaps you should try for a different restaurant. Mickey appears at other character meals as well.

last May I could not get CM reservations and it is my sons favorite and it was his bday.

I went up to the desk at 6 and asked...I was told it would be 90 minutes or more.. totally fine with us. we were seated within 45 minutes. My son was ecstatic!

dont give up yet! :) keep checking everyday.. I got a bunch of reservations the week of~

I have never shown up at a place without an ADR. I have however been around when people have attempted to get a table without an ADR and have very rarely seen it happen and I have never seen it happen at a popular place, like Chef Mickey's. I would just keep trying to get an ADR as often as you can since people change their dining plans all the time and you just may get lucky. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter