No PAT required if you have DCL transfers. Is this new?

mktt

Earning My Ears
Completed our online check last night and when it came to selecting a PAT this time I didn't have the option.
It says:
"You have purchased transportation through Disney Cruise Line and are not required to select a port arrival time."

Is this new? Last time (2016) we had transfers and still had to pick a PAT

Completed our online check last night and when it came to selecting a PAT this time I didn't have the option.
It says:
"You have purchased transportation through Disney Cruise Line and are not required to select a port arrival time."

Is this new? Last time (2016) we had transfers and still had to pick a PAT
I believe they changed it to give more early PAT's to people not using DCL transfers. A lot of people would pick an early transfer and not need them because they didn't get there until later anyway.

It may be. We normally take DCL transfers and sometimes we've had to pick a PAT and other times not. It seems very inconsistent. It seems to be that it would make sense that you don't pick a PAT when you're taking DCL transfers.

I complete our online check-in last night and did not have to select a PAT. We are using Disney transfers from MCO.

Hello! Not to highjack the thread, but if you use Disney transfer, approximately, what time do you get to port? TIA

Hello! Not to highjack the thread, but if you use Disney transfer, approximately, what time do you get to port? TIA

Depends on where you're coming from.

If MCO could be as early as 10:15 or so if you're on the first bus. They go like every 20-30 minutes or when full after that first bus leaves, and it's around an hour or so from MCO.

If from WDW it's usually (as I understand it) around 12:30 or later.

Depends on where you're coming from.

If MCO could be as early as 10:15 or so if you're on the first bus. They go like every 20-30 minutes or when full after that first bus leaves, and it's around an hour or so from MCO.

If from WDW it's usually (as I understand it) around 12:30 or later.

Thank you for the quick response! We will getting picked up at Beach Club. I guess if it is that late, line to board ship won't be too bad.

Thank you for the quick response! We will getting picked up at Beach Club. I guess if it is that late, line to board ship won't be too bad.

No lineup. That's why we like taking the DCL transfers from WDW. We get there, walk in, check in right away, on ship right away, up to the room which is usually ready. No standing, waiting, lugging carry on. We've been picked up as early as 10:30 and as late as 12:30 (long time ago for that one; it's been mainly 11:30-12:00 over the last few years) from various WDW resorts. We're typically on board in time to unpack carry on (our luggage usually arrives after the lifeboat drill regardless of when we get there), check out excursion tickets (and fix a couple of times), book alcohol tastings, have lunch, then wander about and watch DH take pictures of things he has hundreds of pictures of already before the drill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter