No Park Trip Report / July 2023

coldneverbotheredmee

Earning My Ears
My girlfriends & I travelled to the Universal property for a quick trip arriving Saturday morning & leaving Sunday evening. We stayed one night at Sapphire Falls & had no plans to attend the parks as it was very hot and we wanted to just relax more.

My favorite hotel is RPR, but since we had no need for express passes decided to go with Sapphire Falls - no complaints, it wasn't anything amazing but was fine. Our room was ready when we arrived at around 11am, so that was amazing.

Once we arrived, we walked over to Royal Pacific's pool as we were in desperate need of some of their amazing nachos. I've had a lot of poolside nachos in my life and these are the best. We hung out there for a bit, had some drinks & swam. The water was so warm, it was great.

After a while we decided to try the lazy river at Cabana Bay. We journeyed over there (walked back to SF, then walked across the street to CB) it was so hot and seemed so long, in hindisight we should ubered. Once we got there, there was thunder and the pool closed down :headache: so we headed back to SF and got ready to have an earlier than planned dinner.

for dinner we went to Amatista Cookhouse - we all had the prix fix menu, mine being the roasted chicken dinner. It came with appetizer, 3 sides, and dessert it was so much food & was so delicious. We also shared a pitcher of the Sapphire margaritas, these were not the best.

after dinner we dropped left overs in our room and took the boat over to Citywalk to go to Dueling Pianos at Pat O'Briens.

this was so much fun! the highlight of our trip and we stayed until we were in danger of missing the last boat back to the hotel. Highly recommend giving this a try!

went back to hotel, ate leftovers and slept

the next morning we woke up and took the boat to city walk, then to hard rock hotel & went to acoustic brunch at the hard rock hotel. It was so good. the bottomless mimosas were truly bottomless and they brought us a variety of different juices to mix with them. there is an omelette/egg station, griddle station for fresh french toast, waffles, pancakes as well as a huge variety of other items, including chocolate covered strawberries and the very best mini key lime pies

once brunch was over, we hung out at the hard rock pool for a while. It was very fun here, the DJ kept everyone involved playing games, there was a pool table and the water slide was fun as well.

we ubered back to sapphire falls pool, hung there for a while before finally changing and heading to the dreaded MCO, lol

it was a quick, fun and relaxing trip, would highly recommend doing something like this if it would work for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter