• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Pants at CP? Never Fear-Escalator Boy is Here! 10/9-After WDW, Come to NM!

Goofyluver

<marquee behavior=alternate><font color=red>Knock
Sooooo...here it is! Our trippie! We were so excited about sharing this with all of you that we are beginning it exactly 1 day after we return...:rotfl2:

For those of you who traveled on the pre-journey journey...this first junk will be a re-cap...you know...the who's who and such and such! :thumbsup2 But...I promise to get immediately on with the alllllll the juicy details!!!

For those of you who did not travel with us on the pre-journey journey...WTHay are you thinkin????? :sad2: We are funny funny grills! We are a sure thing for a good time! (don't read too much into that) Now jump on...strap on the seatbelt...and hold on tighty tight!!! Cause we are in for a bumpy ride! :rolleyes:

For those of you who are only now entering the madness...this is a dual trippie...that's right! :) You're getting 2 for the price of one people!!! Goofyluver and meeskamouska are at it again! We planned together...we went to the world together...and we write together!!

Now...my cast of characters!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My son turned 11 on June 11th. What should I do to celebrate his passing into his tween years? WDW of course! I began planning last fall for a b-day trip for Jon. I was so excited. We were going back to the world! I shared my joy with my very BF in the whole wide world, Tera (meeskamouska to you people). Don’t you hate it when people invite themselves on your vacation??? Well, that’s Tera!!! She convinced me that “my” vacation should become “our” vacation! Well, truth is, she didn’t have to do much convincing. She moved away from our home town 2 years ago, and I have missed her so much, that when she presented me with the idea, I agreed immediately. And, when I say presented me with the idea that she join myself and DS on our vacation, I mean full out presentation, with flow charts, prices, and everything! So, guess what! We planned for months and months for our 9-day b-day excursion! And, what better place to plan but the Dis?!?

Let me introduce our Cast Members in my words, and Tera (AKA: meeskamouska) will do so for you below (she lies :rolleyes1 , don’t believe anything she says about me)!

Me: Goofyluver (or Jennifer as I’m known to my family)! Single mommy to the best boy in the world! I’m a speech therapist who works with elementary kiddos and an all around strong woman. If I had to describe myself in one word, that word would be OCD! I am a planner, a strategizer, a clean-freak (thanks mom!), a worry-wart, and germaphobe! ‘Nuff about my psychosis for right now. I’m sure my craziness will come up several times in this TR! :rolleyes:

DS: Jon! 11-year-old boy’s boy! (turned 11 while we were at the world!) Loves all things soccer and video games. And, after his 2006 New Years WDW trip, loves loves loves Disney! I call Jon “the enforcer.” He knows all and lets everyone know it. He is the keeper of the rules and the keeper of all information that you would never want passed along. Jon has a titch bit of OCD too…hmmmm, it must be genetic. :confused3

DBF: Tera (AKA: meeskamouska)! My very BF. Tera and I have known each other since birth. Our mommies were friends while we were in the tummies! Tera is the perfect mom, and she knows it. She is the mom that everyone wants to be. One word to describe Tera? Uhhh…can I have a few words? How about empty pit of needless information. Tera can sing any song that has come out since the 80s. Name it, she’ll sing it. She recites commercials and movie lines for no reason at all. She is stronger than any woman her age should be. And, I luvz her! We grew up together. We are “sistas from 2 different mothas”! :hug:

Tera’s DH: Damian (AKA: Dam)! Damian is perfect for Tera and I love him too. (Don’t tell him I said that…) He once walked in on me taking a pee and he consoled me afterward. Damian got dragged into this trip by Tera, but we went on Star Wars Weekend people! And, Dam looooooooves Star Wars. Computer nerd and movie nerd who loves Transformers (yes, transformers :confused: ) about sums up Dam. He thinks Tera and I are absolutely nutso about this trip. But, he benefitted from our crazy planning and he should be thankful!

Tera and Dam’s DD: Kaia (AKA: Genius Girl)! Kaia was 4 in May. She is the smartest kiddo I have ever met. She used to paint standing on one leg…when she was only 18 months old. Her identity changes on a daily basis. Some days she is Kaia, others she is Dora, or any other endless list of characters. She is sooooo creative. She once hit on a guy at Red Lobster, when she was 16 months, calling the waiter the “boy she liked.” :eek:

So, these are the crazies, errrr, people I travelled with. All in one suite for 9 days. I almost didn't survive!

***Side note about this TR*** Tera and I are going to do this one together. Tera’s words will all be in red, mine will be in blue. Yea, we like to confuse people. Hope you enjoy our crazy TR!!! And, don’t judge people! It’s not nice to make fun of the “crazies”!

Ch. 1: The Cast Members-Page 1, Post 1 & 2.
Ch. 2: How it All Began-Page 1, Post 4 & 5.
Ch. 3: The Reason-Page 1, Post 6 & 7.
Ch. 4: Are Platypai Furry?-Page 1, Post 10.
Ch. 5: Crikey...She's a Beaut!-Page 1, Post 11.
Ch. 6: Will We Get the Magic We Need?-Page 2, Post 21.
Ch. 7: Will We Get the Magic We Need? Part Deux-Page 2, Post 24.
Ch. 8: Will We Get the Magic We Need? Part Tres-Page 3, Post 41.
Ch. 9: What the Hay Happened to Colin?-Page 10, Post 149.
Ch. 10: Will the Luggage Come in Time?-Page 22, Post 321.
Ch. 11: Would it be Better to go to the Mall Than to Meet Darth Maul? Part Uno-Page 25, Post 361.
Ch. 12: Would it be Better to go to the Mall Than to Meet Darth Maul? Part Deux-Page 30 & 31, Post 448, 449, & 452!
Ch. 13: Would it be Better to go to the Mall Than to Meet Darth Maul? Part Tres-Page 46, Post 681 & 683!
Ch. 14: It's Jon's Bert-day! Part Uno!-Page 51, Post 756 & 757!
Ch. 15: It's Jon's Bert-day! Part Deux!-Page 56, Post 835 & 836!
Ch. 16: It's Jon's Bert-day! Part Tres!-Page 62, Post 925 & 926!
Ch. 17: Kaia Gets a Dream! Part Uno!-Page 70, Post 1036, 1037, & 1038!
Ch. 18: Kaia Gets a Dream! Part Deux!-Page 75, Post 1125!
Ch. 19: Jon and Dam's Dreams!-Page 82, Post 1226 & 1227!
Ch. 20: PMS and Lapu Lapus...maybe! Part Uno!-Page 87, Post 1303
Ch. 21: PMS and Lapu Lapus...maybe! Part Deux!-Page 109, Post 1627!
Ch. 22: Them Dream Team Members Are Playaaas! Part Uno!-Page 135, Post 2011 & 2012!
Ch. 23: Them Dream Team Members Are Playaaas! Part Deux!-Page 153, Post 2283 & 2284!
Ch. 24: Eating Around the World...Dream Style! Part Uno!-Page 167, Post 2494!
Ch. 25: Eating Around the world...Dream Style! Part Deux!-Page 175 & 176, Posts 2625, 2626, & 2627!
Ch. 27: The Heavens Opened up When we Left Disney!-Page 199, Post 2976!

So, do any of you have one of those annoying friends that invites themselves every where with you?

Well, I am that friend. And here is my story.

Cast of Characters:
Tera (Me): 28 year old WDW virgin. I have a smart mouth and can be read like an open book. I tend to think I am Mary Poppins, "Practically perfect in every way!" ;)

Damian (DH): Almost 30 and tried to pretend he was not ecstatic about the trip I obsessively planned. Has been to DL on several occasion, but also WDW virgin. A big kid, who refuses to let most people see his fun side!

Kaia (DD): 4 in May. This never girly-girl is being converted to the dark side….Disney Princesses, much to my dismay. :headache: Her current obsession is Cinderella. First vacation to Disney!!!

My very best friend (DBF), Jennifer: 27 with the heart of an 80 year old. Cautious and rather paranoid, my oldest and dearest pal always keeps me in stitches!!! Went as a child and has one trip under her belt as a mom. Independent and always available, she truly is an amazing woman! :hug:

Jon (DN): Even more cautious and paranoid than his mother, he turned 11 on the trip. He has a love for all things boy (ya know, farts-butts-boogers) and says the most hilarious things!!! This was Jon’s second trip….he had this idea that it is going to be just like the first….only it rocked so much harder!!! :woohoo:

So, I crashed the party!!! Yes, Jennifer and her son had a lovely trip planned…the two of them touring the world. I thought, “Huh, I wonder if we should plan a trip too?”

Then, my mind got to spinning and I decided….duh, duh, dun….we should travel together!!!

Really, wouldn’t it be cheaper? Share a room, share some meals, split the parking and give us in-room baby-sitters for a night out!!! Which really rocks because I got two nights out….one with Damian and one with Jennifer….I am not greedy….I just plan well. Who could ask for more???

So, then I had to sell it to Damian and Jennifer.

What to do, what to do?

Well, Damian owed me BIG time for buying that car without even telling me….sight unseen and then flying to Phoenix to pick it up. Yeah, I was a little perturbed. So, I used the guilt card with him.

Now, Jennifer…how did I sell it to her? The money!! She is always looking for a bargain…so I began my research. I have all the figures in hand before I made THE phone call. The phone call that changed my life forever!!!

I guess it is time to really get to know us. Don’t ya want a little more than a blurb!!! :confused3

So, I have known Jennifer my whole life. One of my earliest memories of her is being at her parents’ office and our mothers talking about how to keep a bun for ballet class in place with Dippity Do?! She was being snobby and I was being shy….I am so glad that I grew out of the shyness….Jennifer, well, what can I say!

I wanted to be just like Jennifer when we were kids. She lived in town, I lived in the boonies; she played piano, I have no instrumental ability whatsoever; she had her own room, I shared. Ohhh, to be like Jennifer!!! ;)

So, needless to say as tweens we were together all the time. Some of the greatest memories I have are at “The Daycare”. Her mother owned it; my mother ran it….and we were always stuck there!! We camped out in this little back room and discussed all the wonders of life! At that age it was mostly about boys and memorizing all the lyrics to the Cooleyhighharmony album of Boys II Men. Stop, rewind, play, stop, rewind, fast forward, play…that poor tape player was put threw the ringer!! She complains about my abilities to recall useless information, but in our youth she fed this obsession!! :rotfl2:

This was the summer Jennifer ran away. Yes, walked all the way across town, in the middle of the night, to make a point. What was that point? I don’t remember (although I am sure she does). Guess what her punishment was... well, guess. She got to stay at my house for a week!!! I think it was actually for her safety, because her parent’s wanted to kill her! :scared1:

One time, on “Daycare” business, we went to Lubbock to get supplies with the moms. We went to this Chinese restaurant and thought that the tea they served was saki. Hey, don’t laugh we were young…maybe 12! We thought it made us drunk and acted the fool! Needless to say if fake saki can get us drunk we were in big trouble when the real alcohol came into play!

Jennifer was a control freak in our youth and she talked in her sleep…oh, that was funny. There were occasions were she would get angry at me and force me to sing in the middle of the night to “Help her sleep.” If I didn’t do what she asked (in her SLEEP) she would hit me. :scared: So, I would sing myself to sleep and hope I wouldn’t wake up the entire house with my laughter every time she smacked me!!! She is still extremely demanding. I just play along like she is always right and then do what I want anyways, she’ll get over it!!!

Here’s a question for ya, have you ever stayed over at someone’s house and you had to do chores? Yes, you heard me right, chores! Sunday morning was cleaning morning at Jennifer’s house. So, if I spent the night on Saturday guess who had a list of chores? ME!!! I didn’t even live there (technically)!! Ahh ha, this is the root of Jennifer’s cleaning neurosis. :sad2: Her mother…trust me it all goes back to that three letter word, M-O-M!

So, we got older, we went through the teen years. We had a very typical teenage girl relationship: we loved each other one minute and hated each other the next. We let boys get in the way, yet we were always there to help with the broken heart. We treated each other like dirt and then like a precious jewel. Girls can be the cruelest and then the kindest creature on the planet…thank goodness we were able to survive all of that idiocy. :rolleyes1

Hmmmmmm! So, Tera got to lie about me, now I get to lie about her! Do you really want to get to know us??? :confused3 We’re a scary bunch! Well, here goes! (Remember people, what’s written on the Dis, stays on the Dis!)

Tera and I have literally known each other all of our lives. My earliest memory of Tera is at the annual Foster Children’s Christmas Party. No, neither of us are foster children, but my parents did seriously consider giving me up after that whole running away bizness! My parents were both social workers and Tera’s parents took home all of the kids! At said Christmas Party, Tera nominated herself to be the entertainment of the night. She got up on stage with her flaming red hair and sang to everyone…loudly, and obnoxiously! Did she care that no one listened to her? Absofreakinlutely not! Tera is a supah-stah!!
5.gif

We really became close during our tween years…when my mom and her mom worked together. Two crazy mothas…plus two crazy daughtas…’nuff said! And, Tera soooooo exaggerates about the beatings that occurred while I was asleep! I claim nothing that I can’t remember! :rolleyes1

We were boy crazy! If one of us didn’t have a boyfriend, the other one would set you up with her boyfriend’s friend! We dated several groups of friends. Hey, it’s a small town! We weren’t floozies! We were 13! This way, by dating our boyfriends friends…we literally never had to be apart. :grouphug:

This whole thing about doing chores at my house…IT IS TRUE! My OCD comes from my mother. My motha calls Tera her other daughta! (My mother is from New York…so she really talks like this) So, if the other daughta was at the house, she got a list of chores too! Tera and I stayed at my motha’s house in October for Balloon Fiesta. And, yup, you guessed it! We both got chores!
2.gif

Tera and I crack each other up…to this very day. We’re like 10 year olds that way! If I’m in a bad mood, I know exactly who to call. Every time! Dam literally thinks we’re crazy. When I call, sometimes he pretends he’s mad :headache: because we have already spoken 12 freakin’ times that day! I think he’s just jealous…cause Tera loves me more! :yay:

Tera today compared to Tera 20 years ago? SAME PERSON! She hasn’t changed at all…the hair's just a little less red! I think last week she got up on stage to do Karaoke! And, did she care that no one listened? Not at all! The other thing she does that cracks me up is her shopping habits! Yea, she is addicted to Tarjay! She literally calls me at least once a week to update me on the latest deal she has scored! A while back, this was our conversation:

Me: “Hey T-Rae” (hint : T-Rae is Tera’s secret gang name)
Tera: “Guess what, I got the best deal at Target!” (said in a high-pitched squeaky voice)
Me: “What is it this time?”
Tera: “I got Genius Girl’s teacher’s gifts for the next 42 Christmases on clearance….for 2 cents each!”
Me: “Really…how do you know what the teachers will like for the next 42 Christmases in a row?”
Tera: “What does that matter? I got them for 2 cents each!”

No joke, she called and was excited that she found Genius Girl shorts for like 3 bucks each. She has all holidays already completed for the next 4 years. This is no exaggeration. :lmao:

It is Tera’s fault that I am now so obsessed with Disney! Once she invited herself on my vacation…it was all downhill since then! We have done nothing else for the last 8 months! Can’t you even wait to hear all about our escapades at the world? Can you picture us on real Sake? :confused3 :rotfl:

Okay…so Tera and I were obsessive planners. :thumbsup2 Tera…the mom who is perfect in every way, and me…Miss OCD. We are girls that wanna have fu-un! :cool1: O-oh, girls just wanna have fu-un! (I was singin’ there…did ya’ like it? Luvz me some Cindy Lauper…yes I do!)

There’s another reason that Tera and I wanted this trip to be perfect and I think we should share it with you. I’m not gonna write for Tera, she’ll add her explanation on her baby genius. princess: But, you’ll see that we bond on many different levels:

Tera and I are both parents of very special children. Extraordinary children, dawlings! Both Tera and I have special needs children. They have different needs, but both have medical bizness goin’ on! We try to keep positivity at all times…but we both know how hard it is to parent these kiddos.

My son, Jon, was born 11 years ago. 5 days after he was born I knew something was wrong. I knew it…felt it in my bones. Jon was severely developmentally delayed. He couldn’t hold his head up until he was 4 months old. He didn’t crawl until after a year, etc., etc. He has been in Speech, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy since the age of 2 months. I searched for years for a cause. I got my answer when Jon was 4 years old, after years of doctors, tests, pokes, and prods.

Jon was diagnosed with Agenesis of the Rostrum of the Corpus Callosum (ACC). ACC is a malformation of the portion of the brain that transmits information between the two hemispheres of the brain. Therefore, any message transmitted between the two hemispheres is affected, either transmitting slower than normal or not being transmitted at all. In addition, Jon has been diagnosed with Static Encephalopathy (a neurologic condition meaning that neurologic functioning is impacted), Sensory Integration Dysfunction, Hypotonia, depressed immune system, slowed growth, asthma, and allergies. He also has orthopedic needs…he was in leg and foot braces for years. However, they didn’t help and made it difficult for him to walk and run, and we decided a year ago to forgo the braces. In addition, Jon has speech and language delays, fine motor, and gross motor delays. We were told a bit over a year ago that Jon’s disorder (ACC) places him most probably somewhere on the Autism Spectrum. However, I have chosen to stick with the medical diagnosis that we have, and not pursue a diagnosis of Autism. Hey…doesn’t the kid have enough labels? Quite a lot for a teeny, tiny 10-year-old, huh? :confused3

ACC is the same diagnosis that the real-life “Rain Man” suffers from. ACC affects all persons differently. There is a wide spectrum of symptoms and manifestations of this condition. Jon lies somewhere in the mild to moderate section of the spectrum. Jon is 10 and is in the 5th grade. :teacher: However, Jon is functioning in the 1st to 2nd grade academic curriculum. He recently tested on a mid-1st grade math level and a mid-2nd grade reading level. Jon is impacted academically, cognitively, and socially. He functions about on a 6-7 year old level cognitively. He struggles with academics…things that came so easy to me as a child, take Jon years to comprehend. Jon has many friends…and kids seem to enjoy him. But, he is not on the same level as his age-peers.

Jon has struggled his entire life. He was very sick for many years, due to his depressed immune system. He was in the hospital and at the doctor constantly when he was younger. He still gets sick far more often than most children, but he is nowhere as ill as he was as a young child. His asthma and allergies also make infection a constant risk. He has recently been diagnosed with depressed growth. We will have to make a decision in the near future about growth hormones, depending on how much he has grown by the time he goes to the next appointment.

A lot to handle? Absolutely. :)

But, Jon is amazing. He is amazingly sweet and amazingly funny. ;) He will never know the extent to which he has affected my life. He has taught me far more than I can ever teach him. I would have 1,000 Jons. (Remind me I said that when he is in his bratty moments)

I think parenting is the most difficult J-O-B in the world. :laundy: Being the parent of a special needs child magnifies the difficulty of being a parent in general. But, the gifts far outweigh the negatives. Jon has taught me that we must relish the small things in life. Things like taking a trip to Disney…may be just a good time for some, but for us, it’s a life experience. It’s something to bring a smile to our kiddos faces!

Over Jon’s lifetime, we have been told what he will never be able to do, or what he can’t do…by several doctors. Here’s a short list:

1. Jon will never walk…and if he does walk, he won’t run…and if he does run, he’ll fall down all the time…(guess who is a speed demon now!)
2. Jon will never read (guess who’s a great reader?)
3. Jon will never write…his fine motor skills won’t allow him to do so (guess who has gorgeous handwriting?)
4. Jon will have to use a computer to communicate because his speech will be limited as well his written abilities (Jon uses a computer all right…to play video games!)

I have never listened to the “He can’ts or he won’ts!” :sad2: If I did…where would he be now? I’m a fierce mommy! I am a strong advocate for my son. I owe him this. Because he has paid me in unconditional love that only he can give! It’s hard…it’s the hardest thing in the world. But, it’s miraculous to watch. Jon brings me more joy than I could ever put into words. I am amazed that I was blessed enough with the honor to be his mother. He amazes me on a daily basis. I am so lucky. He is truly a gift in my life.

So, you see, when you think I was a psycho planner lady…remember, in the back of your mind, that I do it all for him. :hug: And, who’s been by my side the entire way? My very BF…Tera…the most perfect mommy in the world. Take it away Tera…luvz you girl!

:cloud9: So, why Disney World? And why this summer? :confused3

I guess it all started with a girl. A miracle of sorts.

At the ripe old age of twenty-one, I discovered that fertility would be my mystery. I had just gotten married, hadn’t planned on starting a family and then due to some very horrid female problems I went to a specialist, who said it was now or never for my uterus!!! So, after six months of marriage we took the leap and started with drugs and bi-weekly visits to the gyno. Nuttin’….for months and months.:headache: So, we stopped trying after nearly two years without even an egg!!!

What is it all those people tell couples who are trying? Stop and it will just happen…well, it did!! :banana: A few months after ceasing all medications I discovered I was pregnant!!!

My miracle had finally happened!!! And she was not about waiting to get into this world. Her spirit was much too big for my womb!!! :cheer2: So, after three trips to the hospital for pre-term labor I was put on some meds to keep this little booger in!!

Then, I gave birth to an amazing baby girl. She was 5 lbs and 13 oz of pure joy!! She had a spirit that truly drew people to her!!:grouphug: She was bright and happy, beautiful and kind, and boy was this one smart!!(Of course I am biased, but all these things are true.)

As she has grown I have enjoyed the tremendous character she has become and the tremendous character she demonstrates. She was an uncomplicated baby, very easy going, and last but not least abnormally healthy. She never had the coughs and colds that I saw other children battling. She rarely ran fevers and when she did we dubbed them mystery fevers, because no one could find a source. Viral the doctors said time and time again. Nothing unusual, right??:confused3

Well, last summer Genius Girl’s fevers became something all together alarming! :eek: Spiking up to 106 and lasting for days at a time, her fevers started to show a pattern. They cropped up every 28-30 days and would stay above 103, even with rotating Tylenol and Motrin, twenty-four hours a day. Finally we got a doctor who was ready to look at it as something more than being just viral. This pattern got them thinking about other things….much more serious things that I was not ready to hear. They contacted an Infectious Disease specialist. I was so frightened. :sad1: She was my heart and my soul all wrapped up into a neat little package, how could she be sick??

No one had a clue what could be wrong with my girl. Our appointment to see the ID was a few weeks away, so I did what I do best…I tried to solve this problem. I began researching and I searched and searched. Punching in her symptoms and reading medical jargon. I came across a condition that fit her symptoms to a tee! Periodic Fever Syndrome (PFS)!! There were five different types and she fit three of them. I knew in my heart this is what she was suffering from…but I am not a doctor, so I continued to fret.

Our appointment came and he confirmed my fears. He believed that Genius Girl was suffering from one of the fever syndromes.:guilty: After months of charting fever and trying different steroids to combat the fevers we received an official diagnosis…TRAPS (TNF-Receptor Associated Periodic Syndrome). Yes, a mouth full…but I finally had something to fight. Something to call it and now we could find a way to treat it!!!

This is a condition that she will battle the rest of her life and it has many complications and a variety of symptoms that can crop up at any time. We are still learning about it, as is the medical community, as this particular genetic mutation was only discovered in the 90s. She will miss out on the ordinary things of life due to fevers and pain.

So, I made a choice that we would celebrate life whenever possible. We would do things that gave her a sense of normalcy; extraordinary things that would create enough amazing memories to block out all the needles and medications. So, I decided to crash a vacation…with the one person who had helped me see through the madness of this time and focus on the girl not the disease. My best friend….Goofyluver!!!

So, Genius Girl is the reason for our trip. Really she is the reason for everything!

Pictures, pictures, I WANT pictures :hyper::hyper::hyper:

Waiting very very very very very very very impatiently!!

When I began exploring the DIS, I came across a thread that made me laugh!! :lmao: I instantly knew that I could fit in with this crazy crowd and decided I would join the shenanigans and become a Focker Watcher!! I was stoked…how fun would it be to give the sign to random internet peoples in the hopes that they would understand my obsession!! :yay: TFW peeps…you had me at hello, you had me at hello…

This was before Jennifer was really deep into her obsession and I had more posts than she did. Way more. :rolleyes1

I called her up and this was our conversation: (please be aware that due to our TFW scandal I will refer to the act as platypus) popcorn::

Me: Hey, I think we should platypus people in the parks!!!!
Jennifer: *cough* *choke* WHAT?:eek:
Me: Today on the DIS…(I proceeded to explain how one might platypus).
Jennifer: Are you crazy!!!? I am not going to platypus a complete stranger!! I may be lots of things but I am not going to be one of those internet crazies that platypai strangers!!!
Me: Well, I am one of those crazies apparently and it is my mission to platypus at least one person on this trip. Maybe, several. If you aren’t gonna platypus they will stare at you and you won’t be a cool kid. ;)

You see peer pressure can often get you what you want. So, I told her where to find the thread and to read over it and see what she thought. What do you know….after a few days of reading the thread and getting acquainted with the platypus gesture she was game!!!

Our new favorite color became lime green and I even wrote a theme song for the group…which has been lost in the aforementioned scandal. Here is a taste:

I’m Bringing Platypus-ing Back
I’m bringing platypus-ing back, yeah.
LGMHs are on attack, Yeah
Baggalini strap around my bag, yeah…etc.:banana:

We became increasingly drawn into this cult-like group; learning code words such as FDM, ADR and what and why people got tagged. Like sponges we absorbed all of the knowledge that was being passed around and like a crack addict we wanted more!!!

Okay…so when Tera says I was “game” for this whole platypaiing thingamabob…she is sorta over exaggerating.
ashamed0003.gif
Okay…not sorta…she IS over exaggerating.

My biggest fear was that I would be taken down by security
fighting0030.gif
for making some obscene gesture to a perfect stranger. I’m wearing padding on my backside just in case I’m taken down from behind. Okay…so my backside is naturally padded…I have a J Lo booty…it’s a gift…

What if we go up to some poor unsuspecting person who hasn’t a clue??? What would you do if I platypaied you from afar and you had absolutely no idea what I was doing or who I was???

If it were me…and Tera had never forced me to join the platypus thread…and someone platypaied me…I would grab the enforcer…shield his eyes…and run the other direction as fast as I could. :eek:

But…as I began to read more and more…it became soooooo funny. Yes…this adult group of total strangers has come together. We’re mothers, fathers, professionals, family people…and we loooooooove to platypus. In fact…we apparently had way too much fun platypaiing with each other…because the mod Gods came and took our furry platypus away. (Are platypai furry???) :confused3

But…like Steven Segall…we came back again and again…even if people didn’t want us to. Did ya’ know there is a platypus shirt? There is…PM us if you want the info. :thumbsup2

My dream??? I want to platypus Goofy…and I want him to do me back! (channeling Barbara Streisand) Goofy…can you hear me??? Goofy…can you heeeearrrr me???

Tera and I are proud members of TFW…Disney siiiiide (that’s my gang shout out)…we’re watchin’ you and just for fun…we’ll give you a quickie (platypus that is)!!!

So…there we will be…walking down Main Street decked in lime green from head to toe. We’ve got it all…the lime green baggallini, the LGMHs. I’m totally taking over the laminating machine at work…watch out on Thursday ladies…your bees and flowers won’t be shiny on that day…:sad2:

I ain’t skeeered…I’ll platypus you fast and I won’t call you the next mornin’ neither…I don’t even want your number…:rolleyes1

Okay…I may leave you my card…(oooooops…did I just spill a secret???) :confused:

***For a good time…click here…http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1399648&referrerid=&highlight=Team+Focker+Watch

So…we’re doing the platypus…what other animal
kngt.gif
can we possibly abuse and draw the attention of them animal-lovin’ peoples???

Well…them genius TFWs thought up some other good idea…

Are youuuuuuu readaaaaaaaayyyyyy??? :confused3

That’s right…the TFWs adopted a mascot…a “Focker” Crocker if you please…

Tera…do we still have to use the code word on this part???? I don’t want points!!! Couldn’t you have come up with something that fits better with crocker??? :confused:

All right…so we have adopted a mascot…the Platypus (what???) Crocker…(that sounds like some science experiment gone bad!)

As if all our lime green, spreadsheets, crocs (shoes), and LGMHs didn’t draw enough attention…what if we carried around a stuffed crocodile???
alligator.gif
What if we posed him in random places around the world and took pics…what if we even got famous people to hold him and pose with him???

So, Tera and I agreed to foster a croc…they don’t even do background checks. That’s good…cause they probably would’ve been turned off by that whole hermit crab incident…you know…the one where Spidershellman chopped up all the other crabbies and spread them around the tank??? Ooooopsie…some crabs are crabby!
crab.gif

Tera and I WERE gonna pick up Freddie Focker on Sunday, the 10th and take him to MGM with us…as our 6th guest…the youngest child if you will. But…(play crescendoing dramatic music here)…Freddie has been lost. :sad2: The TFWs have been leaving the crocs at the hotels for the next DISser to pick up…and dear Freddie has been lost. No one’s seen Freddie…I hear through the grapevine that he’s with Jimmy Hoffa…

But…our dear Princess V (LY/MI) had a back-up crocker…our crockers must be like goldfish
goldfish.gif
…they’re replaceable. So, we’re now gonna pick up Felicia Focker…that’s okay…we dig chicks too…

Before I let Tera take over the Platypus Crocker plans…I just want to say…that I’m soooooo hoping that we find a famous person to pose with Felicia!!! Wouldn’t it be great to see McDreamy…McSteamy…or Apolo Anton Ohno nuzzling Felicia??? Apollo would totally think Tera and I are hot and he’d agree to take us to the next taping of Dancing with the Stahs!!! Then…he’d agree to come back to New Mexico with me and mow my lawn shirtless in his tight dancing pants…*cough*choke*ahem*ahem*

Back to life…back to reality…
party0010.gif

Back to the here and now again….

This is the step in our plans where Dam started to officially think we had lost our minds.

“Seriously,” he said, “We are going to carry around a stuffed crocodile,
alligator.gif
named Freddie (now Felicia) the Platypus Crocker?”

He continued to cry :sad1: about how he had already agreed to do numerous ridiculous things for the sake of being a Platypai family and he just wasn’t sure if he could do this, this Foster Croc thingy. I assured him that we would make it seem like the kids loved this animal and it was all about them. I swore I would not embarrass him or force him into any uncomfortable platypai situations or pictures. I made him believe it was all about him and changed the subject to Star Wars Weekend…and the world was at peace….

So, how are we going to gain custody of this little bundle of teeth and tail? Ya see, there is a lapse in foster care for about a week before we arrive. So, LoriS, a CM at Boardwalk and a DISboard member, has offered to croc sit during the extended breaks. :thumbsup2

Our first day in the parks will be at MGM, here the boys will drool over Jedis. While they are standing in the mile long lines trying to get a piece of the galaxy, Jennifer, Genius Girl and I will take a leisurely stroll over to the Boardwalk for our first DIS meet. We will platypus and giggle and meet face to face another crazy from internet world!! :laughing:

I think that Felicia will fit into our little group well. Since it has been stated that she is most like Dorothy from the Golden Girls, I thought I would match up the rest of us with TV characters :happytv: …..just so you can learn a little bit more about our personalities.

The Enforcer: Bu-ud (Kenny) from the Cosby Show
Genius Girl: Michelle from Full House
Jennifer: Carol from Growing Pains
Tera: Freddie from A Different World
Dam: Balki from Perfect Strangers

We will then begin our quest to get pics of Felicia with someone famous, or in costume….those characters are famous too, ya know. ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

So, our journey will begin. With croc in hand we will make DIS history!!!!

***Note...we officially gained custody of Felicia when Winkers mailed her to meeska!!! There was a little snaggypoo in the original plans listed above...but we got her...and she travelled with us around the world!

Okay...enough of that fluffy stuff I've been posting all night! On with the actual TR!!!

Here are a few pics of us so that you know who we're speaking of!

100_1142.jpg

Here is Tera and I on our Girls Night Out last Thursday!

100_2100-1.jpg

This is Damian and Genius Girl at the Star Wars Parade!

100_0925.jpg

Here is Jon on ME...on our way to the resort!!! He is soooooo excited!

This is a fun trip report. Thanks for sharing. How do you pronounce Kaia? Does it rhyme with anything? I'm phonically challanged - sorry

Subscribing!!!

Can't wait to read this...This should be good!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter