No more tea party in the plaza

Mrsweasley

Mouseketeer
:sad1:

I just did a search and I see the tea party has changed to Lucky Nugget ?

We used to go to the tea party after the parade (when we have gone in Dec)

I know from the search people were not keen on the food, but what did anyone think of the character interactions ?

We loved this part of it, esp after the parade it was just so exciting, the characters seemed to have endless time for Harry and we would warm up with tea and cake :)

We went to the lucky nugget for the character tea in December 08. It was a nightmare queuing to get in with people pushing etc and as a result we were one of the last tables to be seated - near the door. The food was poor to say the least and the characters were concentrated around the dancefloor. I wouldn't let DD out of her seat (unlike others) and no characters came to us within the first 20 mins or so. So I went and had a quiet (but firm) word with one of the CM and then we got them all!! We had Baloo, Tigger, Eeyore, Pinocchio, Chip n Dale, Jessie and Mickey Mouse. When most people had left I was able to take DS (5 mths) down onto the dancefloor where Pinocchio and Jessie had came back in to and we spent a food few minutes playing peek a boo and trying to stop DS from chewing on Pinnochio's nose.

I would say that the characters were much better than at Plaza Gardens but i'd get there early to get a good seat - preferably on the dancefloor

We've booked the tea party for when we go in September, but am a bit worried about all the negative reports. What was the food like? I've heard it's gone downhill since being at the LN.

We went for the first time to the LN in January and were very disappointed, thought it was very expensive for the food that you got - basically just cakes and drinks. Yes we did get good character interaction but in future we are going to stick to Cafe Mickey where at least you have a wider choice of food and still get the characters.

We were on the dancefloor and yes we did appear to get more character interaction than the people around the outside, thought it was a really strange set up to be honest.

Sorry to be negative but it's good to hear different views.

Thank you for the replies,

I have booked Cafe Mickey for noon when we arrive, and will skip the tea party this time I think.

CityBlue, sorry I cannot help, as we have only gone when its in the plaza, It was cakes and hot drinks on the menu then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter