No more glassware & ceramic mugs in studios at OKW HH & VB

msdis

DIS Veteran
Anyone else seen this? This is a disappointment. :sad1: :sad:
What happened to environmentally friendly? Reduce, reuse, recycle? I do not like styrofoam cups, they leach chemicals. How do you heat a cup of tea (coffeepot water tastes like coffee :scared1: ), or a can of soup? That means more to pack (& break) when we are all trying to cut down on luggage. I always washed everything before we used it and I am close to a germaphobic and never felt it was an issue. Please give us back us glassware. :sad1:
Since studies show hotel beds and bedding under black light :magnify: are disgusting :scared:maybe they should give us disposable beds & bedding too. :rotfl:

You can add SSR to that list as well. This happened quite some time ago (February? or March?) and was done very suddenly and without prior notice to members. Somewhere on these boards is a HUGE thread discussing this but it was so long ago I can't find it. (Not that you would want to read it anyway unless you have several days with nothing else to do!)

We organized an email campaign which was ultimately successful in getting DVC to reverse their policy, at least for the hotel-based resorts where they already have industrial dish washing equipment to clean the glassware. The official statement about the return of glassware to the studios is still available on the member's website somewhere in the news section. In that announcement they also said that the glasses and mugs would be returned to the standalone resorts (OKW, SSR, the rooms outside of the Inn at VB -- not sure about HHI) only if they are able to install glass washing equipment at those resorts. Back in July (??) they filed paperwork to install glass washers at SSR (I was able to find the thread discussing that: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1878025) but I can't remember if they filed any paperwork for glass washing equipment at OKW or VB.

In the meantime, if you are staying at SSR or OKW you can call housekeeping and ask for glasses and mugs. I don't know whether that is also true for VB and HHI.

ETA: I found it!! Here is the "cupgate" thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1748067

if you call housekeeping and demand the glasses - they will bring them.

make sure you say the glasses that are glass - otherwise you get more of the horrible cups.

they bring the mugs too - but only wanted the glasses - you have to promise to wash them!

Thanks for the feedback and links to the other threads. I guess I'm behind the times. We will be at OKW in a few weeks and I will call and ask for some. I told DH about it tonight and his response was "well that will give you an excuse to buy new mugs while you are there". He's so cute. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter