• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more falafel at Tangerine? Bummer!

AppleSister1

DIS Veteran
I was just checking menus for my upcoming trip. I love falafel and Tangerine Cafe is always one of our go-tos, but it seems the falafel is gone! I'm sooooo sad. Anyone have a recent experience or explanation?

So, the vegetable platter now has no falafel and no lentil salad? I was at brunch today with my vegans and we were talking where all we could easily eat for QS. That's fine, we'll just do a lunch at Spice Road Table, but reducing what's included in one of the only solid vegan offerings kinda sucks. I just happened to love as I'm definitely NOT vegan.

The hummus fries at SRT remind me of falafel if you love it OP. And they still have babbgnoush too.

I hate to hear this. The veggie platter was one of my favorite meals. I don't think I'll be as impressed w/o the falafel or lentils.

Saw that on the online menu and hoped it was just an oversight. I've always found the falafel to be the worst aspect of the vegetarian platter -- too try, a common problem with falafel. But the lentils were a highlight. Definitely a disappointing change to my favorite counter-service restaurant on Disney property.

Saw that on the online menu and hoped it was just an oversight.

Likewise.

The last time I was at WDW, it seemed like Disney was pushing falafel as the go-to vegetarian meal in more and more places---Hurricane Hannah's, Cosmic Ray's, and even Beaches & Cream had a falafel burger for a while, because nothing says retro soda shop like chickpeas! So it's doubly weird that they appear to have removed it from the one place where it actually makes sense.

Tangerine Cafe is one of our favorite lunch spots. Hard to imagine it with no falafel. :sad1:

This is sad. It's always been DD's favorite QS meal. And DH and I used to love it even before she was born. I was already unhappy that the portion sizes have gone down over the years. We might have to find a new favorite.

Can anyone actually confirm this? I'm guessing that what Disney lists as the vegetable platter is actually falafel...."served WITH Tangierine Couscous Salad, Hummus and Tabouleh."

So, the vegetable platter now has no falafel and no lentil salad? I was at brunch today with my vegans and we were talking where all we could easily eat for QS. That's fine, we'll just do a lunch at Spice Road Table, but reducing what's included in one of the only solid vegan offerings kinda sucks. I just happened to love as I'm definitely NOT vegan.

The hummus fries at SRT remind me of falafel if you love it OP. And they still have babbgnoush too.

The lentil salad is/was definitely not vegan - it has mayo in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter