• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No more concierge hot room service breakfast?

Interested into knowing how the Concierge on ship will handle the guests complaining about this, as I am sure not everyone sailing concierge is reading the boards.

Subtle humor, tongue-in-cheek posts, and general biting satire are TOTALLY lost on many here . . .

View attachment 429118
Ok, I will give it to you there, maybe so. But it still remains that it is just another example of paying the same, or more and getting less in return. What is next on the chopping block?

I don't think i will ever afford to sail concierge but hot breakfast delivery sounds amazing. I am pretty upset for those that sail concierge, that perk sounds awesome!
I am disappointed about DCL is taking more away while other lines seem to be adding more.

Subtle humor, tongue-in-cheek posts, and general biting satire are TOTALLY lost on many here . . .

View attachment 429118
No, I like it when people post “a funny”. After all this is a board dedicated to vacations and fun centered around a cartoon mouse and all of his empire.

I tried to read the post that way and it was in a way but as mentioned since you can’t read tone the poster needed to provide a subtle hint that the post was in jest. If it was intended ONLY to be funny it missed the mark.

I don't understand why people are still moaning about this. The OP receives a correction from shoreside concierge indicating a hot breakfast was still available to concierge guests. End of case, right?

Not end of case, hot breakfast in Royal Suites and one bedroom concierge cabins. That leaves 20 concierge cabins out of the mix.

We have sailed concierge Category V rooms two times and have not ordered hot breakfasts to our room. Not sure if I knew that was an option. Now that I know and it is not, kind of disappointed. I wonder if it is due to the size of the Category V rooms and that they are not really set up for dining. I can only imagine the potential messes particularly with multiple kids and only really 1 chair/desk area to eat at properly.

We have sailed concierge Category V rooms two times and have not ordered hot breakfasts to our room. Not sure if I knew that was an option. Now that I know and it is not, kind of disappointed. I wonder if it is due to the size of the Category V rooms and that they are not really set up for dining. I can only imagine the potential messes particularly with multiple kids and only really 1 chair/desk area to eat at properly.

I think in the past I have read that it is the lack of an actual dining table that eliminates Category V from delivery of MDR meals.
Not end of case, hot breakfast in Royal Suites and one bedroom concierge cabins. That leaves 20 concierge cabins out of the mix.
Hasn't that always been the case?

I'm boarding in about 5 hours and will be interested to see what the status of this is. Even if it's just that you have to go through the concierge staff rather than calling directly, that's kind of a hassle. Ordering dinner in a Cat T is quite a production for that reason (although I understand why for dinner it's necessary).
Hope you had a nice cruise, even thou it was changed from Eastern to Western, and after have safe travels home.
Were the Cat T cabins allowed to have breakfast delivered? if so did you have to go thru concierge staff?
who were the concierge host? and were you able to find out if Tom was one the of Stateroom host?
Thanks

Hope you had a nice cruise, even thou it was changed from Eastern to Western, and after have safe travels home.
Were the Cat T cabins allowed to have breakfast delivered? if so did you have to go thru concierge staff?
who were the concierge host? and were you able to find out if Tom was one the of Stateroom host?
Thanks
We actually prefer the Western to the Eastern, so the change made us happy.

We didn't even try to order breakfast due to different people waking up at different times, so I don't have an answer to that question.

The concierge hosts were Michelle, Tawanda, and Andy, but apparently DCL is about to start moving people all over the place.

Tom was our stateroom host on the 125-- side.

We actually prefer the Western to the Eastern, so the change made us happy.

We didn't even try to order breakfast due to different people waking up at different times, so I don't have an answer to that question.

The concierge hosts were Michelle, Tawanda, and Andy, but apparently DCL is about to start moving people all over the place.

Tom was our stateroom host on the 125-- side.
The concierge on the Wonder in July was telling us the same, lots of changes.
Glad to hear Tom is still there, hoping to have him in Dec

Thanks for the info

I can’t tell if there is confusion here about what perks are available to what room categories or if they have cut back, but this one does seem like much ado about nothing either way. Sure room service hot breakfast is nice but it hardly makes or breaks a cruise. Reminds me of all the drama on our facebook group about mixology being sold out before silver—if not being able to do cocktail class out of all the cruise activities and amenities available (or in this case switching to continental in room or hot restaurant breakfast) ruins the cruise, the cruise can’t be worth all the money we pay for it. I’m just getting tired of all the negativity about rainforest day passes costing more and pillowcases not bring signed: it’s not that big a deal!

I can’t tell if there is confusion here about what perks are available to what room categories or if they have cut back, but this one does seem like much ado about nothing either way. Sure room service hot breakfast is nice but it hardly makes or breaks a cruise. Reminds me of all the drama on our facebook group about mixology being sold out before silver—if not being able to do cocktail class out of all the cruise activities and amenities available (or in this case switching to continental in room or hot restaurant breakfast) ruins the cruise, the cruise can’t be worth all the money we pay for it. I’m just getting tired of all the negativity about rainforest day passes costing more and pillowcases not bring signed: it’s not that big a deal!
To some it does make a difference. Try having someone in a wheelchair, not having to go down an elevator, and maneuvering in cabanas. It is a big perk to get a hot meal delivered.
Point being made, if it was always included in concierge, and then taken away, still paying more & getting less.
May not be a big deal to you, but I would not compare it to a pillowcase

I have never sailed concierge, and probably never will, but I am not happy about this as other's have said. For those who think it is no big deal, it is a huge deal!! This is just more of Disney testing the waters to see what they can get away with. It's almost the reverse of nickel and diming. Disney gives you the WORLD, so much so you pay their premium price, because it's worth it and you get more for your dollar. Then, they slowly start taking things away, all while raising their prices. They can do it. You know why? People still pay. This thread shows a little bit why. All the people saying "so what?" It's breakfast. Next, maybe concierge won't have priority booking, or you'll have to pay extra for that perk.

For those who don't think it's a big deal, have you compared the price of concierge with all the other cabins? It is ridiculous how much more it costs for concierge, and if people are paying for a family, they are spending not THOUSANDS, but TENS OF THOUSANDS. If I am shelling out $20,000+ for a 7 day s cruise, you bet you butt I want the option of having all my hot meals in my room, if I so choose.

I have never sailed concierge, and probably never will, but I am not happy about this as other's have said. For those who think it is no big deal, it is a huge deal!! This is just more of Disney testing the waters to see what they can get away with. It's almost the reverse of nickel and diming. Disney gives you the WORLD, so much so you pay their premium price, because it's worth it and you get more for your dollar. Then, they slowly start taking things away, all while raising their prices. They can do it. You know why? People still pay. This thread shows a little bit why. All the people saying "so what?" It's breakfast. Next, maybe concierge won't have priority booking, or you'll have to pay extra for that perk.

For those who don't think it's a big deal, have you compared the price of concierge with all the other cabins? It is ridiculous how much more it costs for concierge, and if people are paying for a family, they are spending not THOUSANDS, but TENS OF THOUSANDS. If I am shelling out $20,000+ for a 7 day s cruise, you bet you butt I want the option of having all my hot meals in my room, if I so choose.

The reason some of us think it is much ado about nothing is that from what experienced concierge posters have said, it is not a change or cutback. Cat V has never been able to order hot breakfast according to them just Cat T and above. No concierge experience personally although we do have one booked down the road.

Concierge upcharge has never worked that way; the perks have never added up to the price difference. I mean, with that attitude you could complain about anything—you could say if I am paying that much more I should have my own private concierge pool or have access to the spa rainforest room or have free palo meals, or reserved seating in the walt disney theatee. I think there are very few people whose decision to sail in a suite is going to turn on the type if in-room breakfast available, and I think it is total speculation to say all kinds of concierge benefits are at risk of being eroded (especially since it is not clear that is the case here given the room type issue).

I’m just getting tired of all the negativity about rainforest day passes costing more and pillowcases not bring signed: it’s not that big a deal!

If the so called negativity is getting to you, don't read these threads or posts. It's a discussion board about Disney cruises- all aspects positive and negative will be discussed. Just because you don't think it's a big deal doesn't mean the feelings of others are less valid. You have a choice. If it bothers you or doesn't apply to you...scroll on by. Simple solution to a non-issue. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter