No grilling right now

bigtony777

Disney Veteran
There is a fire ban in central Florida right now and has been for some time I guess. I don't believe they sent out a notification to any DVC members in advance of the reservations. At least we did not receive one and unfortunately cannot grill any of the food we have for this week. Wanted to give everyone a heads up so you don't waste money buying food you can't cook.

Bummer! I feel your pain! I don't mean to rub it in (maybe a little b/c I'm jealous you're in FL) but I just bought some $18/# Texas Prime Rib Eyes and I'm gonna grill them up here:)

Aren't there stoves in the villas? Can you broil the stuff you bought instead of grilling it?

There is a fire ban in central Florida right now and has been for some time I guess. I don't believe they sent out a notification to any DVC members in advance of the reservations. At least we did not receive one and unfortunately cannot grill any of the food we have for this week. Wanted to give everyone a heads up so you don't waste money buying food you can't cook.
Thank you for the heads up!

I didn't see this until this morning. Yes there's a fire ban due to hazards for the state. We had a somewhat similar issue at VB years ago, 98 I believe. At the time there were no grills at VB but we had been told there were and had bought steaks for 2 meals for our group, thinking it was 9 people. We found out just a couple of days before there were no grills and MS was able to verify they had told us there were. They gave us 2 options they would help with. One was pick up the steaks and deliver them back or the other was a meal at the restaurant. We took the latter and they were fantastic and so gracious. They even covered the tip for the server. I know it's not apples to apples and this may be too late to potentially help you but my point is there may be other alternatives if you give them a chance to help.

Gas grills should still be allowed I'd think. At least any fire ban I've been around has not applied to gas. Not the greatest in ease but both VGF and PVB have gas grills and if allowed, and you wanted to, I'd think you would be allowed to grill at either of them.

For marshmallows - the new pits are gas I thought but may be wrong, but if they are they might also still be happening.

No, the nightly campfires are not being held now. We had a pamphlet in our OKW room saying they have been cancelled due to the fire ban. Also it specifically said charcoal grills could not be used as well. Not sure the status of the gas grills at the resorts that have them.

Laura

I was told that even the gas grills were not allowed to be used. I did not go over to a resort with them to double check. I would call and ask to speak to the resort directly before arriving too find out.

I was told that even the gas grills were not allowed to be used. I did not go over to a resort with them to double check. I would call and ask to speak to the resort directly before arriving too find out.
From the Orange County release on 4/13
  • Use extreme caution when grilling, camping and discarding cigarettes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter