No formal night for November 30th Fantasy Cruise (7 Nights East)

sethschroeder

DIS Veteran
Is this correct when I am looking at the schedule? Just trying to start to prepare as this is our first cruise.

Got the answer from someone about this. It also is not listed on the online schedule you need to call to get the answer.

I have spoken to DCL directly about this sailing. The formal night is the 2nd night.

Last edited:
What are you seeing or not seeing that you think there is no formal night? Just curious.

I don't think it's usually noted on the activities if that where you are looking. It's usually the first sea day, as others have noted, the 2nd day.

Since this is your first cruise, you might find it helpful to look at past Navigators. Here is a link to the most recent Eastern cruise. Scott has all the ships and as people submit them he posts them for each cruise. You will see that on this example - the formal night was Sunday. You won't see it on the cruise line website when you are making your bookings. And being Disney - formal night is a suggestion, not a requirement and you will see people from Cruise casual to dressy to all our formal.

Fantasy Navigators

Formal night is not mentioned in anything you can consult before boarding. The first sea day (usually night 2) will be your formal night.

Formal night is not mentioned in anything you can consult before boarding. The first sea day (usually night 2) will be your formal night.

I agree it's not in the most obvious location, but it's not strictly true that it is not mentioned anywhere by DCL prior to boarding: it's in the disney website FAQs:

Q. Are there dress codes or guidelines regarding dressing for dinner?
A. In general, most onboard dining locations are "cruise casual,” so casual attire, such as shorts and T-shirts, is permitted, with the exception of swimwear and tank tops. Most cruises have special theme nights that provide opportunities to dress up for a one-of-a-kind family photo. Here's a breakdown of special dress events by cruise itinerary:

3-night cruises:
  • One cruise casual night—no swimwear or tank tops
  • One pirate night themed deck party
  • One optional “dress-up night"—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
4-night cruises:
  • First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops
  • One pirate night themed deck party
  • One optional dress-up night—jacket for men, dress or pantsuit for women
  • Final night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops
7-night cruises:
  • First night is cruise casual—no swimwear or tank tops
  • One pirate night or other themed deck party
  • 3 additional cruise casual nights—no swimwear or tank tops
  • One formal and one semi-formal night—both give you the opportunity to dress up and take advantage of the onboard photography services. Though optional, we recommend dress pants with a jacket or a suit for men, and dress or pantsuit for women

I agree it's not in the most obvious location, but it's not strictly true that it is not mentioned anywhere by DCL prior to boarding: it's in the disney website FAQs
Like OP, I was talking about the information specific to a cruise, most notably the cruise schedule under ‘my reservations’, not the general information.

What are you seeing or not seeing that you think there is no formal night? Just curious.

I was looking at the schedule and while the Pirates night is listed there was no mention of a formal night.

I don't think it's usually noted on the activities if that where you are looking. It's usually the first sea day, as others have noted, the 2nd day.

Looks like this is the case as someone else responded with the night. I figured there was one but it was weird to not see it listed on the schedule.

I was looking at the schedule and while the Pirates night is listed there was no mention of a formal night.

Looks like this is the case as someone else responded with the night. I figured there was one but it was weird to not see it listed on the schedule.

Formal night (which is optional, so don’t be surprised to not see everyone dressed formally) is never listed on the schedule because there are no events associated with it like the Pirate Deck Show, fireworks, and Pirate Dance Party. Because there are no activities to schedule around if you want, there is no need to list it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter