• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No dining times available until 9pm?

Esmerelda

DVC'r 10/04/Dis Veteran
Ok, so we are going early November. I checked this morning at 6am, there was nothing available at the few places I was checking until 9pm. Is this the norm? We do not eat dinner at 9PM. Do I just need to recheck everyday? This is one part of Disney I really dislike. šŸ˜ž

What restaurants were you checking?

You can set up free reservation finders on Touring Plans and Mouse Dining. They will notify you when a reservation opens up in the time frame you want. (TP will email and text you, MD will just email). For really popular restaurants, once you get the notification you have to jump on it fast. But I've gotten hard to get ressies like Cinderella's Royal Table that way!

try seaching by the hour, not simply clicking ā€œdinnerā€. it often gives availability when the other generic search is nonexistent or limited. Clear cookies can also help yield added results.

I 've much better luck putting in a specific time than clicking lunch or dinner.
Its possible that you may also be there during Jersey week.
Are you there for an entire week or just a few days? Checking in on a weekend or midweek? All those can have an effect.
Also keep checking. when doing ADRs, I had 2 that showed nothing available. After getting all of our others, went back and searched again and suddenly they both had openings.

I second the suggestion for Touring Plans reservation finder. I've had great success using them. Also, just keep stalking. People grab multiple reservations just to have something and fine tune as time goes on. Things open up. Between stalking and using a reservation finder tool, we usually manage to get what we want. You just have to be persistent. I've also read that things often open up the day before your desired date as that's the deadline for cancelling without a penalty for most places. We've never tested that ourselves, but it makes sense.

Good luck!

Agree with everything everyone has said.. Also try on website and on app.. I have seen different times pop up on each one, especially if the system is having issues.

Awesome, I do belong to TP. I will set something up for there. Yes, I was only searching on dinner, not a specific time. I checked Homecomin, WBG, and a few others. No characters meals or any castle events. This is a group of 4 adults. We are either from Nov 6 through 12. I do clear my cache each time I attempted to find something. Thanks everyone for the input. I really appreciate it. Itā€™s been quite a while since we have been able to Disney.

Last edited:

Keep trying, the site has been very glitchy. Sometimes it told me there was nothing available, but if I continued to search suddenly there was a lot of availability.

We are there early November too. I was not looking for many ADRs. I was able to get the two I wanted - Sanaa and Beaches & Cream (B&C was for a party of 7/was surprised I got it).

Keep trying. Good luck!!

I just recently booked for my entire trip without a problem. In looking daily before my trip, I noticed that if you book at exactly the 60 day mark, it is more difficult to get a ressie at a decent time if at all. Since all of my ressies were at day 61+, I had no problem. I also have found that if your stay overlaps a weekend, you are usually able to get more difficult ones for the following week since many guests check out on Saturday or Sunday.

Awesome, I do belong to TP. I will set something up for there. Yes, I was only searching on dinner, not a specific time. I checked Homecomin, WBG, and a few others. No characters meals or any castle events. This is a group of 4 adults. We are either from Nov 6 through 12. I do clear my cache each time I attempted to find something. Thanks everyone for the input. I really appreciate it. Itā€™s been quite a while since we have been able to Disney.
Go to opentable.com for WBG and most other DS eateries excepting Homecominā€™ as that restaurant only uses Disney for reservations.

Ok, so I did snag WBG for us one evening around 7pm on OpenTable. Thank you for that tip!! I also added in a few requests to my TP page.

i sincerely thank everyone who gave me these great tips. šŸ˜Š

We were really hoping to try Homecomin on our last trip but could never get the reservation time we wanted. There were a few offered during regular dinnertime hours (5-7ish), but they never seemed to line up with our plans for that day. Good Luck!

We're going in October and I pretty much got the ADR's that my husband wanted. Me, not so much. Really wanted Chef's de France but even when window opened, I couldn't get it. I've been checking almost everyday for it with no luck. I don't even get a late availability at 9p.m. Just "sorry, no reservations available." I wouldn't mind switching out another reservation, but again, nothing available.

FYI, Homecomin' does not put a lot of reservations on the Disney site. A lot is left for walk-ups or you can call the restaurant directly. I don't know the number, but I know it has been mentioned quite a few times. A lot of people have been more successful that way.

FYI, Homecomin' does not put a lot of reservations on the Disney site. A lot is left for walk-ups or you can call the restaurant directly. I don't know the number, but I know it has been mentioned quite a few times. A lot of people have been more successful that way.

On their official website they only have the Disney Dining phone number listed for reservations. We are going next month and managed to get a reservation on the day we wanted (fell into our 61+ timeline so that helped!) but it really wasn't at the best time. It would be great to be able to call and see if it could be modified. Does anyone know how to contact them?

Never mind - I found the number for the actual restaurant on the site. The site definitely directs you to call Disney for reservations but I'll give it a try anyway. :)

Last edited:
So, I managed to get Steakhouse 51 this morning for one of our dinners! Iā€™m beyond excited! Thank God for cell phone reminders or I would have not remembered they opened reservations today. šŸ˜†. Wooohooo!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter