No clocks in Disney Resort rooms?

We bring our own travel clock as well when we go anywhere, because a lot of the time, the alarm doesn't work or when you do get it to work, the beeping sounds like the cheep of a baby bird.

We were just at BWV...not only no clock, but no USB ports or convenient outlets to charge our phones! We overslept twice.

Not just Disney but many chains are phasing out alarm clocks. I travel for work and recently picked up a battery power travel clock as I also prefer an "alarm clock" to using my phone :)

While I have my phone plugged in next to the bed, if I wake up in the middle of the night i'd rather be able to just glance then have to reach for the phone. Wouldn't use it as an alarm, but it is nice to have some sort of actual clock in a bedroom.

I was at the Contemporary week before last and there was no clock in the room. I asked for a clock at the front desk and one was placed in my room later in the day. It was just a simple digital clock, no clock radio. The clock had several USB ports on its side. The CM at the front desk said clocks were now by request only.

I find it ironic that a company that expects you to know where and when you want to eat six months in advance and to schedule your rides down to one hour increments two months before you arrive should suddenly say "Hey now - who needs clocks and to worry about what time it is??" Count me in as someone who might leave on resort tv all night. Not that I wasn't doing that already.

Amen!

I find that if a room has a clock now a days it is always set to the wrong time since people unplug them so often. I haven't used an clock since I bought my first iPhone. even my 80 year old mother uses her iPhone as an alarm and tell time, she hasn't worn a watch in years because of her phone. As another person posted I don't think I would even notice if the room has one or not.

I actually haven't noticed if there were clocks or not. I always end up covering the clock because I like to sleep in pitch black and some clocks in hotels don't have a dimmer. If it frees up more space for me to plug things in then it doesn't bother me too much.

I actually haven't noticed if there were clocks or not. I always end up covering the clock because I like to sleep in pitch black and some clocks in hotels don't have a dimmer. If it frees up more space for me to plug things in then it doesn't bother me too much.

This is me. If there is even the slightest bit of light, I can't sleep. I'm probably one of the guilty ones unplugging them. Hotel clocks always seem so bright.

My phone is my alarm. I never trusted others alarm clocks nor want to figure out how to set at each new hotel. I have been messed up by lack of wake up call, and when Disney added Stitch years ago that was the last straw. Hate that guy.

Always have unplugged them so I could plug in my phone. Huge issue at hotels that aren't newly renovated is having enough plugs CLOSE to beds and in some families ... one on each side of bed for each sleeper, so clock had to go. We try to remember to pack our 6 ft charging cords to make it all work.

Now that you mention it, I realize there was no clock in our room back in August, but at the time it didn’t even dawn on me that it was missing....

My phone is my alarm. I never trusted others alarm clocks nor want to figure out how to set at each new hotel. I have been messed up by lack of wake up call, and when Disney added Stitch years ago that was the last straw. Hate that guy.

Always have unplugged them so I could plug in my phone. Huge issue at hotels that aren't newly renovated is having enough plugs CLOSE to beds and in some families ... one on each side of bed for each sleeper, so clock had to go. We try to remember to pack our 6 ft charging cords to make it all work.
How can you hate stitch?!

How can you hate stitch?!

I don't like his behavior, I don't like his voice, I don't even like how he looks. :stitch:

The movie is one I didn't particularly enjoy, because of Stitch.

I don't like his behavior, I don't like his voice, I don't even like how he looks. :stitch:

He's one of my favorites! That's funny how you hate him so much and I love him lol

You don’t find stitch charming?

giphy.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter