No Christmas Crackers allowed!!!!!

shellface

Mouseketeer
We had our suitcase conviscated on our trip a couple of years ago as we had christmas crackers in it.

I think sniffer dogs smelt gunpowder? perhaps, anyway we reclaimed the suitcase two days after landing in Florida, everything was fine but the crackers were gone!!!

So warning for anyone from England going to the states for christmas don't take crackers!!!!!!

It was a shame it spoilt the first couple of days of the holiday, and at christmas dinner we had no crackers to pull!!!! Americans don't seem to have them so we were unable to buy any out there!!!!

just wanted to let people know

Thanks

Thanks for the headsup :)

You could remove the 'cracker' bit I suppose and then sit round the table over Christmas and shout 'bang' as you pull the crackers :)

hi
i have seen christmas crackers in several of the "english" shops in orlando area. :cool1:

In the past I've seen them in The Bombay Store at a mall (not in Florida) and last year I saw them at my local Target.

I'm sure you would be able to find them in Florida. They're still not hugely popular here.

I'm sure it was the gunpowder or whatever the stuff is that makes them pop that the dogs found. I've heard others warn not to bring them with you.

This applies to any flights. We had to take ours out when we went to Italy skiing last Xmas . . . as well as the indoor sparklers. I've never felt so embarrassed in my life, but the only consolation was we were flying from our local tin-pot airport so there weren't huge queues behind us!

Goofy - we did exactly that, sat around saying "bang" to the home made ones we'd taken 'just in case' :goodvibes

I think If I was in Florida for xmas I could do without my crackers

They're an explosive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter