No bag line- can I have a fold up bag in pockets?

Rach5496

Earning My Ears
We are going to Disney World in a few days and are wondering if any of you have used the no bag line but put a folded up drawstring bag in your pocket? We only have a few things we’re going to bring like phone, wallet, keys, mini sunscreen, water bottle, etc. but don’t want to keep it in our pockets all day.

We are going to Disney World in a few days and are wondering if any of you have used the no bag line but put a folded up drawstring bag in your pocket? We only have a few things we’re going to bring like phone, wallet, keys, mini sunscreen, water bottle, etc. but don’t want to keep it in our pockets all day.

We have done this many times with no issue. We hold our water bottles and keep credit card and charger in our pockets until after security.

They are going to ask you to empty your pockets anyway... so minimalism is the best policy. If it's one of those tiny tiny tiny rollup bags that is in your pocket, they likely will just pat/ wand you down and get you through.

Reactions: rlk

We have done this many times with no issue. We hold our water bottles and keep credit card and charger in our pockets until after security.

I realized I wrote that we keep our credit cards and phone charger in our pockets until past security. What I meant was that we keep them in our pockets until security. At security, we empty our pockets and once through all security, we put all items in a string bag. My husband rolls the string bag and carries it in his hand.

We started doing this after getting stuck in the security lines at Epcot for over 20 minutes.

I think that would be fine. There wouldn’t be anything in the bag, which is why they search. In my experience, the only thing I’ve been asked to take out for the scanners is my phone.

Reactions: rlk
I think that would be fine. There wouldn’t be anything in the bag, which is why they search. In my experience, the only thing I’ve been asked to take out for the scanners is my phone.

Lately, they’ve let me carry my phone in my hand thru the metal detectors.

I realized I wrote that we keep our credit cards and phone charger in our pockets until past security. What I meant was that we keep them in our pockets until security. At security, we empty our pockets and once through all security, we put all items in a string bag. My husband rolls the string bag and carries it in his hand.

We started doing this after getting stuck in the security lines at Epcot for over 20 minutes.

We do the exact same thing! Worked flawlessly for opening day at SW:GE. I will be doing it specifically for our Epcot days on our next trip. Those lines are ridiculously long.

Yes, it's fine. I have park pants with deep pockets for this specific purpose! Most times I don't even empty my pockets entirely, I just take out metal stuff and walk through the detector. The only place I had an issue was once at animal kingdom, where they wanted to check everything I had. But they weren't having many people go through the metal detectors that afternoon.

Eh, maybe my memory is sketchy but I don't recall having to empty my pockets, including my phone, for security check. We were there in June 2016 during the Pulse nightclub shooting and the horrific alligator incident at GF, so security was ramped up. Is this new?

I have never thought of this. People can be brilliant!

I was very doubtful I would be able to pull it off - going bagless. But my son insisted since it was 3am for SW:GE opening. I really surprised myself! We held items in our hands and pockets. After security, put everything in a folded up reusable bag I impulsively shoved in my pocket. Now I’m trying to plan it out a bit more with a foldable backpack. It’s definitely possible with a little planning.

Yes. We always do this. If there’s nothing in the bag, put it in your pocket. They don’t need to check it since there’s nothing in it!

I was very doubtful I would be able to pull it off - going bagless. But my son insisted since it was 3am for SW:GE opening. I really surprised myself! We held items in our hands and pockets. After security, put everything in a folded up reusable bag I impulsively shoved in my pocket. Now I’m trying to plan it out a bit more with a foldable backpack. It’s definitely possible with a little planning.
I normally go bagless, but my daughter likes to take a mini backpack. Thinking I might have to go buy a cheap foldable bag from the dollar store and we can avoid the bag check. Not sure I could fit our Epcot drawstring in my pocket :)

There is no way I can go bagless. I get a jumbo size (2.5 gallon) Glad Lock zipper top bag. I put everything in it, and then I put it in my tote bag. When I get to bag check, I pull it out. It speeds things up considerably when they check my bag. (To everybody behind me in the lines: You’re welcome.)

I got a free cheap drawstring backpack at the state fair and used it at Disney this past trip. It was a lifesaver! It carried our water bottles (it was hot out 🥵) and a phone charger plus any small items we bought at the shops. I started with just carrying the bag empty through security and putting our stuff in right after but after a couple of days, I decided to pack it up in the hotel before leaving for the parks.

My husband and son would go through the bag free line. With just me in the bag line, I was able to move through it faster and with only one large pocket in the bag, it was super fast for security to look through. I will definitely be doing this again in February!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter