Night time rides?

Tmohar

Earning My Ears
last visit, we left directly after fireworks or around 10pm I believe. That being said, we didn't ride much towards night time. Mainly had dinner, saw shows, etc.

What are the best rides to do at night? I'm trying to strategies what we will hit in the morning, etc.

Thank you!!

These are the rides that my family always tries to ride after dusk. IMO, most of the outdoor rides are more fun to ride in the evening.

-Radiator Springs Racers
-Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
-Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters (this one is much more charming at night)
-Most of the rides in Paradise Pier, particularly the zephyr, jellyfish, swings, and Mickey's Fun Wheel
-Autopia
-Dumbo
-Astro Orbiter
-Jungle Cruise
-Tea Cups

Jungle Cruise, Radiator Spring Racers at the two that change the most for night time expereicen.

If you can time out a Big Thunder fastpass to be riding during fireworks, that is an amazing ride.

RSR at DCA.

At DL, we always try to ride BTMRR during fireworks. Splash is also a favorite. Jungle Cruise is fun at night. And although the experience isn't different, we usually do POTC because it's so easy to get on at night, especially during Fantasmic if it's showing and we've already seen it. And if you haven't been able to do Peter Pan by then, right after fireworks is often the best time of the day other than first thing in the morning as far as wait times go.

Big Thunder (especially during the fireworks) and Calfornia Screamin' are our fave nighttime rides!

Keep in mind that some of the rides on the Pier close during WOC. Specifically I noticed last night that Screamin, Mickey wheel, and swings were all closed.

I LOVE the canal boats at night! It became our nighttime tradition on our last trip to watch the first parade and the fireworks near Small World then hope on the canal boats as soon as they reopened. We'd then head down Main Street and try and score first or second row spots for the second parade.

I have such great memories of my childhood of Disneyland at night! Love BTMRR, Matterhorn, Storybook Land Canal Boats, something about Haunted Mansion at night, and even the vertigo-inducing tea cups, but I always loved the train at night. Going through the diorama from the dark was so cool for me as a kid. Loved it!!

Another vote for the Jungle Cruise, Storybook Land Canal Boats, and RSR. Casey Jr. is also fun at night.

Basically any outdoor ride is a different experience at night. Would recommend trying them all! That being said, my favorites (have to's) would be Big Thunder Mountain, RSR, and Story Book Canals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter