Night Life

warmy18

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm all set to go to WDW next Friday :cool1: but trying to build a list of things to do at night!

Anyone with some recommendations?

Thanks

Mark

Welcome to DISboards Mark.

Sorry can't help much with nightlife. We do parks thru the day, evening meal and maybe back into a park for fireworks. Couple of times we have done Hoop Dee Doo review but thats it for us, rarely drink, prefer to go back to the room and have a quiet drink and relax.

We echo Wayne's experience. We tend to get up early to make the most of the day. If we do the odd fireworks night, we're generally too tired to do too much else after dinner.

We used to have plans every year to do a dinner show or visit the clubs on Pleasure Island but never got round to it.

We managed a concert at Hard Rock Live last year though. I can recommend that as a venue. Have you checked who's on while you're there? Also - may be worth checking the House of Blues too.

If you're into dance music, Deadmau5 is at HoB on 12th Nov.

Im not 21 yet so havent been able to experince the night life but I think jelly rolls is quiet popular on the Boardwalk

we try and have our dining reservation later on a not rush and make a night out of it

I don't believe there's much left on Disney property now as far as nightlife goes. I think Planet Hollywood is still at DTD, so there's an option. Other than that, I think the only 'nightlife' that can be found is down at Disney's Boardwalk. That's were Jellyrolls can be found, which I'm lead to believe is a great night out (yet to try it!)

Universal offer City Walk, which still has clubs and bars and is open quite late. There's dining as well as the bars and clubs and sometimes live music. Universals website tells you more about what they have to offer on their complex.

Welcome to the boards!

Good luck to you if you have any energy left for a night life! - We spend the whole day in the parks, our evening meal is our nightlife and if the kids still have life in them, they'll go for a swim before bed (I'm sure it's their way of saving time in the morning, no shower!!)

Definitely head over to Jellyrolls - we had a great time on our first visit this year, and will probably aim to visit at least twice on our trip next year :thumbsup2

Jelly rolls as other people have mentioned (though go at the weekend - we went on a Tuesday and it was completely empty!!); and House of Blues at DTD have live music most nights. Apart from that we either go watch the fireworks in the parks, play mini golf, or go to the bars in the hotel - they often have performers in.

Heres a list of ideas - but depends if you want adult orientated or family orientated stuff to do - which I have denoted with an A or F or both!

JELLYROLLS A
As mentioned great fun Thurs, Fri, Sat - or during busier months, but can be quiet in slower seasons, which spoils the potential fun. Here you can request ANY SONG - and if the guys do not know it, thwy will learn it in the break and play it in a later set that night !!!

HOWL AT THE MOON On International Drive A
Similar to Jellyrolls, but even more raucous - imagine the club from the film Coyote Ugly!!!

HOOTERS A
Famous chain of bars, where the waitresses are equally as famous for their - er well the bar is called Hooters. I think there is one in the crossroads shopping area near to Downtown Disney, or near to there anyway. There are many, many other bars in Orlando - the Ale House is another favourite

RIVER ROOST LOUNGE at Port Orleans Riverside A & F
They have a show piano bar, with a great show from YEE HAW BOB from about 8:30pm Weds to Saturdays. Good food and drink too, plus you can use Dis Transport to get there - just catch a boat from Downtown Disney, or a bus from any resort hotel.

DOWNTOWN DISNEY A & F
Lots of options here -

• Bongos Cuban Cafe - Great starting off point - have a meal or drink
  • House Of Blues - Live Music & Shows Nightly
  • Paradisio - Music Nightly
  • Raglan Road - Irish tmemed outdoor and inside bar (and restaurant) with live music from about 7pm until late
  • Lots of outside entertainment too, and enough shops and places to spend your money, and open until late. Lots of places to get taxis too from here if you don't want to drive

FORT WILDRENESS CAMPGROUND F
Hoop De Doo Dinner Show, plus great atmosphere at campground with lots to see and do. Dinner includes umlimted beer, wine, sangria and soft drinks

UNIVERSAL CITY WALK A & F (bars not suitable for kids)
Loads of bars, clubs, street cafes and restaurants - can get rowdy on a weekend, but great adult fun. You can get a ticket that includes entry to all clubs I believe. They also have monthly lobby concerts in the Hard Rock Hotel (called Velvet Sessions), as well as fully blown pop concerts with major stars at the Hard Rock Arena a few hundred yards away - check either UNIVERSTUDIOS website or HARD ROCK CAFE direct for options

INTERNATIONAL DRIVE A & F (bars not suitable for kids)
More of above - but does not have the 'disney safety feel' so be alert and consider your personal security here as you would in any busy city night out location. There are also go karts, mini golf, and other attractions along this road

DRINK AROUND THE WORLD A (but fine atmosphere for kids too)
Simply spend the night in epcot - and take a local drink in each country, and then stagger back to your resort after illuminations - great new tequilla bar in Mexico Pavillion

MOVIES - A & F go to a movie - multi screen complexes at both City Walk and Downtown Disney

CRUISE - A & F book a private cruise through Disney Recreation (about $200)

DISNEY RESORTS A & F
All Resorts have bars, lounges and shops. You can go to them all, even if not staying at Disney. Some have great themes. Other have entertainment - Swan & Dolphin have a karoke night, and there is a lively club/bar at Riks Lounge at Coronado Resort.

BEACH - if you are adventurous, drive over to the beach (45 mins to an hour drive) late afternoon, have a swim in the ocean and then enjoy bars at night - cocoa beach as a famous pier and Ron Jon Surf Shop, Daytona Beach is also lively at night, and as a raceway - but remember you have to drive back too!!

DISNEY BOARDWALK F- Thurs to Sun this is a liveley night time area, with bars, restaurants, sidestalls, and street entertainers - but doesn't really come to life until 8:30pm is. There is also a ESPN sports Bar, A Brewery Bar, and you can rent those 4 seater bikes. All lit up later at night its pretty - but it is dead early in week, early evening and during daytime

DISNEY BEACHES - F resorts like Beach Club and Poly have 'fake beaches' which are nice to chill out at at night - the poly gets all lit up with fire torches and has hammocks between palm tress - you can also watch fireworks from here. Beach Club one has movies on a big screen on beach, and ice cream parlour and beach fires (Roasting Marshmellows). You can rent boats from both these resorts too.

SPORT - F go see a basketball game or other sporting game. you can book tickets online at NBA.com. Dis World Of Sports also has tours and public events (check disney Website) and there is a raceway near Magic Kingdom that has tours, driving expeiences and occasional events

DISNEY and OTHER DINNER SHOWS F
Loads of nightime shows you can book - Lua Dinner Show at Polynesian, Outdoor BBQ and show at Fort Wilderness (very kiddie), plus other Orlando Shows Pirates, Medieval Nights, Sleuth Murder Mystery, etc

THEATRE STYLE SHOWS A & F
Blue Man Group show at Universal is popular (and you can get a Show and Club Entry ticket I believe) as is the very expensive Circus Show at Downtown Disney. Orlando also has a regular theatre/s, with broadway style touring shows and plays visiting regularly.

DISNEY QUEST F
at Downtown Disney, a five floor indoor theme park style arcade centre, wiith all games set to free play - open until about 10:30pm, and right opposite House Of Blues.

DISNEY PARKS F
Depending on time of year, most of the parks have something going on late too, and all but the Magic Kingdom sell alchol. If you are a Dis resort guest, one park most days will be open really later, up to 1am in morning in some cases!!!

CELEBRATION TOWN A & F
the nearby disney built town of celebration is nice on an evening, can be a romantic setting, lots of bars, shops, restaurants, and a lovely lake to walk around

PORT ORLEANS & GRAND FLORIDIAN A & F
On the topic of tomance, you can get evening carriage rides at Disney Port Orleans, take a 'free; riverboat ride from there, or walk the grounds of Grand Floridian and go into their bar and restaurants - all nice and romantic. Animal Kingdom Lodge is also cool in evening time - they give out night vision goggles at the back to see if you can spot any animals, and have a camp fire and storytelling some nights (check with hotel)

DOWNTOWN ORLANDO CITY
If you feel confident you can venture into the 'real' Orlando City - very popular with locals at the weekend - clubs and bars - again, be alert - like any city it can get rowdy late at night, and crime can sometimes be an issue. It also very easy to stray into less desiranle areas by accident, so make sure you have planned where you are going.

YOUR RESORT - This is a much safer option than above, and our resort had a great bar and pool bar, evening activities scheduled, BBQ Nights, etc, and the pool was open until midnight, with music and great lighting in palm trees, and around the pool waterfalls -and pool was busy until 12pm too!!! I believe Disney Hotel Pools close a bit earlier at about 10pm - but bars are open late, and all shops in resorts are open until 11pm

I agree truly excellent work!

Warmy if you like your sport then ESPN bar at Disney's Boardwalk is a 'blokes paradise' and one of the reasons we hope to stay there for a few nights again next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter