Night before Cruise need advice!

GrumpyC.Hook

Mouseketeer
Ok My mom and I are going on April 29th Eastern Caribbean Disney Cruise. Right now our plan is...

Fly in 4/28 and have a room at the Fairfield Inn by the Airport. Then take the DCL transfer to the Port on 4/29.

Then on 5/6 we rent a car and go to WDW and then to the Airport at nigth for our flight.

I was wondering if maybe staying near the Port the night before the Cruise and renting a car from MCO to the Port would be a better Idea? What are the pros to doing this compared to the original plan?

Also the Radisson doesn't have any rooms but i can get a room at the New Renessiance a marriot property. Anyone stay at the Renessiance?

I am just not sure if i should change my plans or leave them as they are?

Thanks

I think it would all depend on what time your flight arrives on Friday. If it's a late flight I would stay near the airport, but if it's a early flight, I would opt to rent a car and drive to the port area. You could return the rental car Saturday morning and then head over to the port. I know both Budget and Avis have free shuttle service to the port from their rental office.

OK Thanks,

Since we won't get in until 3:25 I will just keep the hotel near the airport and use the DCL transfers. I just didn't know what advantages i'd have staying near the port but sounds like getting in that late wouldn't make sense to drive down that day.

Thank you so much for your reply

GrumpyC.Hook said:
OK Thanks,

Since we won't get in until 3:25 I will just keep the hotel near the airport and use the DCL transfers. I just didn't know what advantages i'd have staying near the port but sounds like getting in that late wouldn't make sense to drive down that day.

Thank you so much for your reply

Now I would consider getting in at 3:25 early. I've arrived as late as 7:00pm and still got a rental car and drove over to the port area (about 45 minutes). I don't know, I just like waking up Saturday morning and looking for the ship first thing.

I'm with Verandah Man! 3:25 in the afternoon? Drive down! We liked the DCL transfer, but you can get there earlier if you are driving. We did the transfer and didn't get there until later. I say go early!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter