Nick Hotel w/no car

cstraub

DIS Veteran
I would love to start our WDW Christmas trip off with a couple night stay at the Nickelodeon Hotel. The kids have seen the adds for this hotel one to many times and are just begging to try it out. I would love to suprise them and check it out this Dec. Anyone know how it would be possible without a car? We would fly and I really do not want to rent a car. Whenever we visit WDW we just don't leave at all anymore. We used to get a car so we could check out ther attractions but these days we just want Disney.

Anyone know of a safe, easy inexpensive way to get to the Nick Hotel from MCO and then from the Nick hotel to a WDW on site hotel? Any info would be greatly appreciated! THANKS! :goodvibes

The nick hotel is located about 2 or 3 miles from Disney property. You can take a car service or taxi from MCO to the Nick and than when you check out call a taxi for your transfer to the Disney resort. A Mears van for your family, not knowing how big your family is, holds up to 7 passengers. Their number is 407-422-2222. The price which is on a meter shouldn't be over $15.00 to the farthest Disney resort.

We haven't stayed at Nick Hotel for a couple years, but the last time we did they provided a shuttle to the parks. So if you can figure out a way to get from the airport to Nick Hotel you will have a way to the parks. Not sure how you would get from Nick hotel to your Disney resort. Your kids may not want to leave the Nick hotel to go to the parks, its like a park in itself. Good Luck.

I think you should look into Mears shuttle. I think thier info is in the transportation sticky at the top of the page. Hope this helps. Have a great time!!

I wish Nick Hotel offered something more solid for people flying in who don't want to rent a car. The transportation issue is what has stopped me from staying there every time. I just love ME so much. It is safe, convient and free!

Mears will probably be my best bet. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Edd said:
The nick hotel is located about 2 or 3 miles from Disney property. You can take a car service or taxi from MCO to the Nick and than when you check out call a taxi for your transfer to the Disney resort. A Mears van for your family, not knowing how big your family is, holds up to 7 passengers. Their number is 407-422-2222. The price which is on a meter shouldn't be over $15.00 to the farthest Disney resort.

Shuttle vans hold up to 11 people. You're thinking of a taxi van.
The one way fare per person (because my understanding is you're leaving from a WDW resort, is that correct?) is $18. I think children (3 - 11) are $14 give or take $1 or $2. Children under 3 ride free. The number to call is 407-423-5566 or you can go to the Mears website for more information. There are tabs there for shuttle info and taxi info. I checked out the approximate taxi fare. It's about $40, not including the drivers tip :)
Hope this helped!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter