Nice DC restaurant near Kennedy Center????

iluvwdw4ever

DIS Veteran
Hi!!!

We will be visiting Washington DC in July and have tickets for Mary Poppins at the Kennedy Center. We would like to go to a nice restaurant before the play. We have no idea as to what restaurants are in that area and need some suggestions!!!

Thanks so much!!!
Angela

Marcel's. It's on, hmm, I think Pennsylvania Ave on the border of Georgetown/West End. Probably the address is 2900. It's very close to the Kennedy Center and has great food.

Depends on how much you want to spend. If money is no object then try Citronelle in Georgetown. Legal Seafood on K St. is nice.
BD

Rosa Mexicano has excellent food and the atmosphere is more upscale. Gordon Biersch is also good, the restaurant is in an old bank which is pretty cool. Another option is actually inside the Kennedy Center. They have a restaurant called the Roof Top Terrace that is supposed to be really good. The view from there looks amazing and then you wouldn't have to travel to eat. The Kennedy Center is a pretty neat building with interesting decor too. Anyhow, here's a link to the restaurant there:

http://www.kennedy-center.org/visitor/restaurants/#SunBrunch

I've eaten at the Roof Top Terrace a couple of times. The food is delicious. It is a little pricey but worth it to me. It's also very convenient as it's located a few floors up from the theater.

There's also a cafeteria in the Kennedy Center that I thought was quite nice and is a little more budget-friendly than the Roof Top Terrace (which is *really* nice).

agnes!

There's also a cafeteria in the Kennedy Center that I thought was quite nice and is a little more budget-friendly than the Roof Top Terrace (which is *really* nice).

agnes!

I agree on the cafeteria. Nice food and not too pricey. Although I've not eaten at the Terrace I've heard good things. I would recommend it just for the view.
BD

And if I am reading it correctly, there seems to be an afternoon tea for families after the Mary Poppins performances. Doesn't say much, but what a cool idea!

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter