NFL Training camps Are Opening

ntsammy5

DIS Veteran
For me this is the best time of the year. It's still summer (alright so it's only 63 here), the camping is good and the NFL is opening their training camps to prepare for the 2008 season. Anyone who know me knows I live and die with the Buffalo Bills. It's been a long drought for the Bills, but I see a lot of promise this year. I'm really looking forward to it - along with tailgating and the beer that goes with it.

There are no big college teams near here, but I did go to Alabama and Texas so I know what college games are like - and one daughter went to Syracuse which is a 2 1/2 hour drive away - I do miss that - 'cause nothing beats a good SEC game EXCEPT FOR AN NFL GAME.

GO BILLS

And Jen,

WAR EAGLE!

and Pete

ORANGE AND BLUE

you'd watch badmitton if they let you grill sausages and drink beer.

Al, I LOVE CURLING! But I was just saying on my board that we should meet up at the campground you posted, but now that I know you are a bills fan, I may have to rethink that! ;)

Remember the Houston Oilers? I was at Trinity University many years ago in San Antonio taking an Army course during their training camp. We ate with them, and man, those guys could EAT. Not a lot of brain power in the room, though.

you should hear what they said about you.

you should hear what they said about you.

Not much. They were still into basic, three word sentences. Anything more than that was a novel to them. They carried around these 50 lb playbooks. A friend of mine was a real clown and asked what course they were taking and they looked at him and said "football". He laughed and laughed. I thought they were going to kill us. They had no necks - just heads on shoulders.

I can't stand the Bill's ever since that a#!hole Jim Kelly refused to sign a couple of hats at the pro-bowl for my kids. He happend to be at the Hotel we were at and many other team members. He was the only jack@#! that did not sign. He had to hurry and go sit on the beach. If it was not for the other huge team members with him I would of went and kicked sand in his face.:scared1:

Bill's Bite!

Do I sound bitter?

That actually surprises me. Kelly's a drunk and a loud mouth but I never heard of him refusing to sign anything before.

'cause nothing beats a good SEC game EXCEPT FOR AN NFL GAME.

Amen my friend!! I wore my t-shirt with the blue star on it today! :duck: We're definitely the odd one out here in the south east...everyone is done watching football here by the time Sunday rolls around. :confused3 Sunday is when dh and I are breaking out the beer and hot wings!

That actually surprises me. Kelly's a drunk and a loud mouth but I never heard of him refusing to sign anything before.

Whatever happened to his son? I assume he passed away a while ago. Does he still live in Orchard Park?

Hunter died about three years ago. Jim still lives in OP and attends quite a few events in the area. I saw him at a game day party a couple of years ago - he was outside puking his guts out - some things never change.

I saw him at a local charity event back in the 90s stay in an autograph signing line for over 4 hours - the kids all got stuff from him - that's one of the reasons I'm surprised he wouldn't sign something - but everyone can be a jerk sometimes.

Hunter died about three years ago. Jim still lives in OP and attends quite a few events in the area. I saw him at a game day party a couple of years ago - he was outside puking his guts out - some things never change.

I saw him at a local charity event back in the 90s stay in an autograph signing line for over 4 hours - the kids all got stuff from him - that's one of the reasons I'm surprised he wouldn't sign something - but everyone can be a jerk sometimes.

I rode on a plane across the aisle from him back in the '80's from Chicago to Buffalo. He actually seemed like a pretty nice guy and was more than willing to sign napkins for the kids on board. My son was an infant and fussing a bit so he held Jon on his lap while FWGirl took care of my daughter's needs. It is still one of my son's favorite stories despite the fact he doesn't remember any of it. He is 21 and still has a Jim Kelley poster on his wall.

Remember the Houston Oilers? I was at Trinity University many years ago in San Antonio taking an Army course during their training camp. We ate with them, and man, those guys could EAT. Not a lot of brain power in the room, though.

Houston Oilers now Tennessee Titans. Still not much brain power there.

I just don't get into NFL, or professional sports at all. High school football I can handle.

But it is getting close to marching season. My oldest DD starts summer band in 10days. This is the end of free weekends for about 4 months.

I can't stand the Bill's ever since that a#!hole Jim Kelly refused to sign a couple of hats at the pro-bowl for my kids. He happend to be at the Hotel we were at and many other team members. He was the only jack@#! that did not sign. He had to hurry and go sit on the beach. If it was not for the other huge team members with him I would of went and kicked sand in his face.:scared1: Do I sound bitter?

My mom actually went down on the field when the Bills were in a playoff game against the then Boston Patriots and kicked a Pat player in the shins!! This was in 1963 or 4....perhaps Al can tell the details as I was too young & don't remember much about it other that the event itself!

Don't blame DA BILLS for Kelly's action, Steve.

I love the Buc's, but hate Warren Sapp & didn't cry any tears when he left. He was the same way ---- refused to do anything for anybody.

Each year the Buc's hold a special event for underprivileged kids, and most of the big names on the team show up for it even though they don't have to. Do you think Sapp ever did? NO WAY!! Fox 13 news interviewed him & asked why he didn't show. His response...."Anyone want my autograph day gotta pay fo it." I wanted to shoot that arrogant b#st#rd on sight when I heard that!! Thankfully, there are many GOOD, KIND, men that play pro ball.

In my books, Tony Dungy is the best of the best, and the Bucs made a bad move letting him go ---- but they're paying for it now. Dungy still calls Tampa his home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter