• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

NFL fans - Andrew Luck retires

I was shocked, so here is my list of top 3 surprise retirement from NFL (cause I like list)

3. Andrew Luck
2. Barry Sanders
1. Big Jim Brown

Shocked as well, but he has suffered a ton of injuries and has taken a beating for years - ( statistically speaking - I understand the position, but I believe he led league in hits taken for 3 years) - think the rehabbing took mental toll - wouldn't be surprised if he sat the season out and came back next year - if healthy, of course - just a hunch

Andrew Luck has been in pain for four years and the fans boo him when he finally decides enough is enough? Very tacky fans, very tacky!

To make matters worse, he had no idea that the fans even knew about the retirement - his presser was supposed to be Sunday at 3pm , but ESPN broke the news while the team was playing - gotta feel for him

Some bodies cannot take a hit. Like Carson Wentz a great quarterback when healthy but cannot stay healthy.
Look at Eli Manning that man can take.a beating and keeps on going.

My hubby will be so disappointed. Good luck to Mr. Luck. I hope he enjoys retirement.

Some bodies cannot take a hit. Like Carson Wentz a great quarterback when healthy but cannot stay healthy.
Look at Eli Manning that man can take.a beating and keeps on going.
Luck played with a lacerated kidney while peeing blood after taking a vicious double crunch hit. Taking a hit is not in question.

Taking a hit means you can get hit over and over again and not get injured. Some people can rake it some can’t take it.
And part of taking a hit also means you can play through hurt. It's easy to question a guy's toughness behind a keyboard. But I doubt if you had a sliced up kidney and were peeing blood, you'd even want to sit behind said keyboard let alone play football. And I doubt most of the rest of us would either.

Last edited:
respect the decision to retire and have a healthy future to enjoy his life. obviously money is not an issue for him. having a hard time on the timing of it though. season starts in one week, and the team went into the draft thinking he was still going to be qb. that is the part that, I think, the fans re having an issue with.

respect the decision to retire and have a healthy future to enjoy his life. obviously money is not an issue for him. having a hard time on the timing of it though. season starts in one week, and the team went into the draft thinking he was still going to be qb. that is the part that, I think, the fans re having an issue with.
I heard the Colts are allowing him to keep his bonuses even though they could request them partly back.

The reactions to this by some are mind-boggling. Pro athletes get to decide when they have given enough of their bodies for our entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter