News Round Up 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disneyland Paris has a reopening date! They are aiming for the 17th of June. This was announced this morning to the employees. More details will follow later today.
So they will not reopen as 'a park only, no rides', they won't reopen to only have 5000 guests a day on the 9th.

In the meantime, Main Street USA has gotten a lot of attention in repainting. Orbitron had all it's rockets removed for a thorough renovation. Buzz Lightyear's renovation is done. The dark rides Pinocchio and Snow White are both refurbished. And the castle's refurbishments is well on its way, and still planned to be done before the 30th anniversary next Spring.

The World of Disney store in Disney Village will reopen next weekend on the 22nd of May.

Also, the reimagination of Hotel New York into the Art of Marvel Hotel is done and we have an opening date! 21st of June, Reservations start 18th of May.
At reopening, Hotel New Port Bay and Santa Fe will be available. Cheyenne will follow in the 1st of July. David Crocket Ranch 13 July

Figures in France are plummeting. They are now as high as they were in October last year when they had to close again.

As mentioned before, some plans they have for reopening:
- New song to welcome guests
- Character selfies, some in rare costumes, Star wars characters in Discoveryland, Princesses in Fantasyland, Cruella in Walt Disney Studios. A total of 50 characters can be met.
- Casey Jr. Le Petit Train will ride around characters along the parade route.

Last edited:
I heard from another, unnamed source, that social distancing is gone in Disneyworld all together. Is that true? I thought it was just down to 3 feet. I apologize, I did a search and found nothing about it.

Disneyland Paris has a reopening date! They are aiming for the 17th of June. This was announced this morning to the employees. More details will follow later today.
So they will not reopen as 'a park only, no rides', they won't reopen to only have 5000 guests a day on the 9th.

In the meantime, Main Street USA has gotten a lot of attention in repainting. Orbitron had all it's rockets removed for a thorough renovation. Buzz Lightyear's renovation is done. The dark rides Pinocchio and Snow White are both refurbished. And the castle's refurbishments is well on its way, and still planned to be done before the 30th anniversary next Spring.

The World of Disney store in Disney Village will reopen next weekend on the 22nd of May.

Also, the reimagination of Hotel New York into the Art of Marvel Hotel is done and we have an opening date! 21st of June, Reservations start 18th of June.
At reopening, Hotel New Port Bay and Santa Fe will be available. Cheyenne will follow in the 1st of July. David Crocket Ranch 13 July

Figures in France are plummeting. They are now as high as they were in October last year when they had to close again.

As mentioned before, some plans they have for reopening:
- New song to welcome guests
- Character selfies, some in rare costumes, Star wars characters in Discoveryland, Princesses in Fantasyland, Cruella in Walt Disney Studios. A total of 50 characters can be met.
- Casey Jr. Le Petit Train will ride around characters along the parade route.

View attachment 575630
View attachment 575631

Thanks! Going to attach DPB’s Announcement for reference...

Disneyland Paris Welcomes Back the Magic with a Reopening Starting June 17

Thanks! Going to attach DPB’s Announcement for reference...

Disneyland Paris Welcomes Back the Magic with a Reopening Starting June 17
Thanks!

After 1 hour on hold, I have changed my reservation for Jun 12th to June 18th. We are bumped up to New Port Bay (from Value resort to Moderate/Deluxe) without paying anything extra for what we had paid originally for Santa Fe in March 2021. As we are AP holders, we normally book a hotel room only. But with the reservation system we couldn't get park tickets for our days in March and went for a package deal to have guaranteed entrance.

The woman on the phone said they do not know yet how many people will be let in, whether that's 5000 or more. There will be social distancing, there will be a mask mandate.

This one makes no sense to me. Right as we get to the hottest part of the year they delay the opening?

That’s what I said!!!!! Unless it’s not all that popular in the opening hour?!? 🤔

It does seem odd. But maybe it's not that popular first thing in the morning like mrsap said? I feel like most people head towards Flight of Passage and Kilimanjaro Safaris. I could see Kali River Rapids running but with only a handful of people in line. I personally avoid water rides until the afternoon, I'm always a little chilly at opening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter