News Round Up 2020

No that Nintendo will be built at Studios park instead. Epic Universe will be re-evaluated and likely be different whenever it does get built.

gotcha! I had always hoped nintendo land was going to be at IoA or US, guessing it would have been much larger at Epic

Pausing construction now is such poor leadership and short sighted. Too many companies and CEOs are focused on the now When this thing clears, you want the cool new toy in town as it will guarantee that people come through your doors first.

Pausing construction now is such poor leadership and short sighted. Too many companies and CEOs are focused on the now When this thing clears, you want the cool new toy in town as it will guarantee that people come through your doors first.
I don’t disagree but that’s what publicly traded companies are expected to do. A privately held company can make long term decisions. Comcast is a little different than your average public company because the CEO controls a huge share of voting stock, but it’s still not a controlling share.

Maybe we’ll get Univeral’s Florida Adventure in 6 years then.

I expected Epic Universe to be a pretty big game changer for the industry, it’d be a shame to lose out entirely. However they do still have all the plans for pleasing their current parks, so putting more focus into them for a few years could be great. Maybe build the Zelda and Pokemon lands earlier than planned.
If it got me Pokemon faster....I wouldn't be totally opposed to waiting longer for Monsters and more HP....

Ya .. I can't see an entire theme park being even started when Universal (and Disney) are going to struggle to fill the current theme parks for who knows HOW long.

Speaking of which .. are any of the parks (except maybe DHS) reaching capacity? Do they even need limits right now? Most vlogger videos I have seen show the parks SO very empty.
It makes people feel better to know theres a limit I should think

people are acting like comcast is in trouble it actually isnt unlike disney comcast can faill back on like tv which is gonna be a big year for comcast for tv and they will make money as an internet provider

people are acting like comcast is in trouble it actually isnt unlike disney comcast can faill back on like tv which is gonna be a big year for comcast for tv and they will make money as an internet provider
Ummm...ok. Haven’t seen anyone here talking about Comcast, but thanks...

Yes unfortunately for Disney they don’t own a massive, highly profitable TV division. 🤔

Yes unfortunately for Disney they don’t own a massive, highly profitable TV division. 🤔
The percentage of revenue from TV is pretty different for Disney and Comcast.

Comcast also has monopoly pricing power over an unregulated utility.

The percentage of revenue from TV is pretty different for Disney and Comcast.

Comcast also has monopoly pricing power over an unregulated utility.
The utility is its own thing and something I’m not going to argue isn’t a huge money maker for Comcast; I was referring to the TV network operations.

People think of Disney as parks and movies, but Disney’s TV media segments make up 35% of revenues and 50% of profits (and that doesn’t include Disney+) while Comcast’s TV media segments make up only 19% of their revenues and 18% of profits. When we’re sitting here on Tuesday and most people are flabbergasted that Disney only lost 1 or 2 billion dollars in a quarter where their theme parks were closed the entire time, well, that’s why.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter