News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I'm excitedly/anxiously awaiting the formal announcement of how WDW will handle crowds for SWGE starting Aug 29th! We arrive a week later and have 1 day planned in the studios. Currently planning on skipping SWGE but if they offer something that won't have us waiting in line 'forever', I can see us trying to get in on the action!

popcorn::

I can't imagine them not having some sort of virtual queue or something to restrict crowds in the land and make it more orderly ... even if it isn't something you book in advance I bet there will be a system that you can "check-in" for a time and then get to see the land without it being a nightmare

but guess we shall see ... I am sure how it plays out at Disneyland will impact what they do at WDW

Not his problem. Disney posted it on the parks blog. I think they may be doing it to try and sell it.

did they re-post a story? Just realized the article Steve references as his source is from last November

either way, no real news here, nothing to see here, move on

I wonder how they plan to have folks go back and forth between resort and park...if it's total immersion, maybe some kind of underground transport system? Seems too far away to just walk out and into the park....

I think it will be ground based but then using screens to simulate the movement of "coming down from a spaceship to dock at Black Spire Outpost" ... I think similar to the Hogwarts Express at Universal

I know these are environmentally friendly. However, whenever I get a frozen drink at Disney, the paper straw can never last the entire drink. I hope they start giving out 2 paper straws per drink because that seems to be the only way to finish these colder drinks.

The paper straws with a coke are horrible. It fizzes in the paper, making every sip taste like you're drinking the foam from a top of a freshly poured glass. I actually don't even use straws in every day life at restaurants, but Disney is one of the few places I do since I need a lid while I'm on the go. I'm all for reducing waste, but if Disney really wanted to do that, I think a better solution would be offering reusable straws at a small cost, or even better, taking a page from the Universal (and pretty much every other theme park on the planet) playbook and selling refillable mugs/cups. I rarely actually pay the $4 for a coke in Disney, but if they sold these for say $30, I'd be all over it.

The paper straws with a coke are horrible. It fizzes in the paper, making every sip taste like you're drinking the foam from a top of a freshly poured glass. I actually don't even use straws in every day life at restaurants, but Disney is one of the few places I do since I need a lid while I'm on the go. I'm all for reducing waste, but if Disney really wanted to do that, I think a better solution would be offering reusable straws at a small cost, or even better, taking a page from the Universal (and pretty much every other theme park on the planet) playbook and selling refillable mugs/cups. I rarely actually pay the $4 for a coke in Disney, but if they sold these for say $30, I'd be all over it.
I guess you could bring your own and pour the drink into it....

I guess you could bring your own and pour the drink into it....

That doesn't do anything to reduce waste though, and very few people are going to do that. My point was about actually reducing waste. Even the recyclable paper cups are worse than reusing a plastic cup over and over. And the recycled material bags they've replaced plastic bags with are actually worse for the environment overall. https://qz.com/1585027/when-it-comes-to-climate-change-cotton-totes-might-be-worse-than-plastic/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter