News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there anything at the last D23 that was a total surprise (parks and resorts)? I remember being shocked at how much was announced, but I don’t recall what was rumored prior to it.

Pretty sure that the Space restaurant was a total surprise. The new China Film and the B&tB thing at Epcot were also a surprise. I also think the Main Street Theater (that has since been canceled) was a surprise. I can't remember if they announced the skyliner there first, but I think so. Also I think the Star Wars HOTEL was announced there (the land was announced in 2015) And pretty sure all the Marvel land announcements were done there as well (not WDW) and the Pixar Pier announcement.

It's interesting that there are really NO rumors right now for new things at WDW. Sure there's rides being BUILT and stuff for Epcot that's been announced (the SPINE re-do), but I haven't heard any real substantial rumors about what else might be coming. (New country pavillion rumored - but no consistent word on what it is.) Seems like they are doing better at keeping it close to the vest.

Pretty sure that the Space restaurant was a total surprise. The new China Film and the B&tB thing at Epcot were also a surprise. I also think the Main Street Theater (that has since been canceled) was a surprise. I can't remember if they announced the skyliner there first, but I think so. Also I think the Star Wars HOTEL was announced there (the land was announced in 2015) And pretty sure all the Marvel land announcements were done there as well (not WDW) and the Pixar Pier announcement.

It's interesting that there are really NO rumors right now for new things at WDW. Sure there's rides being BUILT and stuff for Epcot that's been announced (the SPINE re-do), but I haven't heard any real substantial rumors about what else might be coming. (New country pavillion rumored - but no consistent word on what it is.) Seems like they are doing better at keeping it close to the vest.

I have heard a rumor that they are going to expand SWGE at WDW and DLR to include the table service restaurant. I'm not really sure that would be a big surprise though. More of an error correction :rolleyes1 , like the TSL restaurant.

I have heard a rumor that they are going to expand SWGE at WDW and DLR to include the table service restaurant. I'm not really sure that would be a big surprise though. More of an error correction :rolleyes1 , like the TSL restaurant.

Yes - they cut that from the original plans - so I could see that the space is already there for it. With the somewhat less than overwhelming response in DLR though I would be a little surprised if it goes.

That’s kind of what I was getting at with my question. It seems like there aren’t many ride rumors out there so I was wondering if it’s just going to be an update on everything we already know about.

Another thought is if you are staying at an Epcot resort but have a MK day planned, just monorail to Epcot, walk through the park to IG (pick up an adult beverage at F&W) then ferry or walk to resort. It'll add some travel time and some wear and tear on your feet, though.
Does two visits in one day count? I had planned to do Epcot in the late afternoon for dinner, but maybe could stop in the morning to tap in if it would count....

Again it ends the day before we check in. :sad2:

If you know of someone that will be down there during the dates of distribution, that person can go on your behalf. They just have to give your AP number that's on the back of your card. We had a friend pick up the Figment one for us during Festival of the Arts, and my cousin got the Pluto magnet for us during this years Flower and Garden. We were down there to receive the Daisy one ourselves.

The Cast Member had no problem giving out the magnet to the person picking it up on our behalf either time.

That’s kind of what I was getting at with my question. It seems like there aren’t many ride rumors out there so I was wondering if it’s just going to be an update on everything we already know about.

I would expect we are going to hear about WDW 50th, which is only 2 years away. Unlikely that means any new rides except maybe something in place of stitch, but i could see some enhancements being announced . I also expect we will hear more stuff coming to epcot. Maybe the Star Wars hotel greater detail and an opening date. Beyond that it's anyone's guess.

They just have to give your AP number that's on the back of your card. We had a friend pick up the Figment one for us during Festival of the Arts, and my cousin got the Pluto magnet for us during this years Flower and Garden. We were down there to receive the Daisy one ourselves.
This is life changing information. Bless you.

I would expect we are going to hear about WDW 50th, which is only 2 years away. Unlikely that means any new rides except maybe something in place of stitch, but i could see some enhancements being announced . I also expect we will hear more stuff coming to epcot. Maybe the Star Wars hotel greater detail and an opening date. Beyond that it's anyone's guess.

I thought I read someone that insiders are saying WDW won't have a nighttime parade for the 50th. I'm still shocked WDW doesn't have a nighttime parade right now. Is there a reason such as crowd control?

I thought I read someone that insiders are saying WDW won't have a nighttime parade for the 50th. I'm still shocked WDW doesn't have a nighttime parade right now. Is there a reason such as crowd control?

Probably $$. I wish they’d bring back MSEP once DLR is done with it.

Do you guys think that Small World will be getting the characters? Or nah?

It’d be nice if one wasn’t changed. IASW is perfect the way Mary Blair, Walt, and the original imagineers conceived it. I rode the one at DLR during my one visit there because it’s the original but much prefer ours without movie tie-ins or a USA room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter