News Round Up 2017

We just got a 4K tv so I need to get some 4K content.
Check the prices of the 4k dvd players; you can almost get another 4k tv for the cost of the dvd player. Wally World sells a limited selection of discs. If you have a Roku 4 or similar, there are a couple subscription stations out there. Oh yeah, you know they are working on 8k tv now. Can't win.
Edit to say, watch out for dvd players that say 4k compatible, that just means they work with 4k tv's (don't they all?).

Not sure if they can exclude any service animals. People bring everything from parrots on the shoulder to snakes into our Walmart. Prohibited from asking anything about it if they say it's a service animal. I would venture to say they are not. but ..... Most people say they are for "emotional support" here.

Waiting for this scam.....

A Human is, biologically, an animal. Human #1 (paying) arrives with Human #2 ("Service Animal"). Of COURSE the "Service Animal" will be rejected - and the court case will start :).
Waiting for it :).

Check the prices of the 4k dvd players; you can almost get another 4k tv for the cost of the dvd player. Wally World sells a limited selection of discs. If you have a Roku 4 or similar, there are a couple subscription stations out there. Oh yeah, you know they are working on 8k tv now. Can't win.
Edit to say, watch out for dvd players that say 4k compatible, that just means they work with 4k tv's (don't they all?).
Yeah I haven't really looked into them yet. We have a 3D blu-ray player. I also don't have Roku I have the newer Apple TV.

my grandma was the big collector in the family and hung on to them all. so when my sis had kids I dug up all the tapes, found a working vcr and built a low shelf for it and the collection so my little nephews can choose their own movie and pop it in. :)
Cool! We still have one working VCR for the tapes. Now that they don't make VCRs anymore it will be harder and likely more expensive to replace that one if it goes.

I saw Inglehart in the role shortly after the show opened (one of my friends from high school was his stand-by and got me tickets) - and he WAS the Genie.

I've also seen "Hamilton" and ... yikes. He has some big shoes to fill in that role (Daveed Diggs won the Tony and deservedly so - it's a very multi-faceted, semi-comedic role in a very serious musical) and I'm not sure it will work out, especially so close to his run in "Aladdin". Anyway. Good luck to him.

Like you said, obviously great for him but a bit blow to Aladdin I think - he really made that role his own (which is not easy to do). Definitely need to give the new person a shot but he really made the entire performance for me when we saw it

Hamilton is the most creative thing I've ever experienced. For him, it's the chance of a lifetime to get to be a part of it. Good he won't get pegged as "Aladdin" for life.

I saw Inglehart in the role shortly after the show opened (one of my friends from high school was his stand-by and got me tickets) - and he WAS the Genie.

I've also seen "Hamilton" and ... yikes. He has some big shoes to fill in that role (Daveed Diggs won the Tony and deservedly so - it's a very multi-faceted, semi-comedic role in a very serious musical) and I'm not sure it will work out, especially so close to his run in "Aladdin". Anyway. Good luck to him.

Agreed!! If he can do the part and was Aladdin, that's a lot of range to show.

If there were a specialty company that filmed and preserved broadway shows to blu-ray (or 4K) I'd subscribe and buy a number of their releases.
Even if it meant that I might not get my favorite show until it had been dark for a set number of years.

its not quite what your talking about but there is a streaming service for Broadway Musicals and Plays. they have done some live streams of shows currently running as well...

https://www.broadwayhd.com/index.php

Last edited:
News

Sad Disney Broadway news. James Iglehart, the Genie in Aladdin on Broadway is leaving for Hamilton. Good for him but he was an amazing Genie.

http://www.playbill.com/article/a-new-genie-will-materialize-in-broadway-aladdin
I just saw this! I saw him play the Genie in November, and he was one of the best actors I have ever seen perform in a Broadway musical! He will be missed as the Genie. I have no interest in seeing Hamilton, so I hope he does well. Hopefully he will come back and reprise the role in the U.S. National Tour or if the show is still on Broadway. I only say that, because no one knows where Frozen is going to end up yet I don't think. I know it's supposed to do its pre-Broadway shows in Denver, CO.

I just saw this! I saw him play the Genie in November, and he was one of the best actors I have ever seen perform in a Broadway musical! He will be missed as the Genie. I have no interest in seeing Hamilton, so I hope he does well. Hopefully he will come back and reprise the role in the U.S. National Tour or if the show is still on Broadway. I only say that, because no one knows where Frozen is going to end up yet I don't think. I know it's supposed to do its pre-Broadway shows in Denver, CO.

*Update to my previous post* According to playbill.com, Frozen on Broadway will debut in the St. James Theatre which means Aladdin might be staying on Broadway. I always thought there was speculation of Aladdin leaving since Newsies left when Aladdin was getting ready to debut.

http://www.playbill.com/article/schedule-of-upcoming-broadway-shows-com-113677

FROZEN
• Theatre: St. James
• Opening: Spring 2018
• Music and Lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Book by Jennifer Lee
• Director: Michael Grandage
• Choreographer: Christopher Gattelli
• Cast: TBA
• Stage adaptation of the hit animated Disney film that won an Oscar for the song "Let It Go." Based on the Hans Christian Andersen story of a princess who freezes everything she touches.
• A workshop reading was held in New York in May 2016. A developmental lab is scheduled for October 2016. An out-of-town tryout is planning for Denver starting in August 2017.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter