Newport mansions at Christmas time?

kandb

DIS Veteran
We live in northern NJ, family of 5, (dh, me, 14, 14, and 8 years old). This past April we went to Newport and bought the family membership to go into the mansions in Newport. We have never been at Christmas time and am considering going Thanksgiving weekend. We love New England but have never been at the end of November. Any advice for visiting? I believe our membership covers going into the mansions any time of the year. Is it still possible to do the cliffwalk the end of November? We plan on 2 nights, Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. Any advice is appreciated.

Also, the reason I put this on the Budget Board is because the mansion tours will be free, I have a free anniversary night for Marriott for 1 night and we will only have to pay for 1 night of a hotel, with breakfast included for around $100 (AAA rate). It's a nice little getaway for $100, with gas and a few meals. I will bring a lot of snacks. lol

You should be able to do the Cliff Walk but I may be very cold or windy. We shouldn't have snow. I'm pretty sure the hotel charges for parking. Don't forget to factor that in.

Will you be going alone or with children? About 90 mins or so away from Newport is Edaville Railroad which has a great light display. Ohh and LaSalette Shrine in Attleboro, Ma. You can google both attractions.

I live one town over from Newport, feel free to PM any questions and I will do my best to answer!

You should be able to do the Cliff Walk but I may be very cold or windy. We shouldn't have snow. I'm pretty sure the hotel charges for parking. Don't forget to factor that in.

Will you be going alone or with children? About 90 mins or so away from Newport is Edaville Railroad which has a great light display. Ohh and LaSalette Shrine in Attleboro, Ma. You can google both attractions.

I live one town over from Newport, feel free to PM any questions and I will do my best to answer!

Thank you for this!! I moved to Attleboro in February and had no idea about the Christmas lights and festivities at the Shrine!!! I most certainly will be checking it out this holiday season!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter