• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newport Bay or New York

rena123pop

Earning My Ears
Bit confused over hotels so would like people's opinion please.
If you had the choice would u stay in the Newport Bay on the Admirals Floor with lake view or a standard room at the New York?

I was originally booked for NPBC in May but upgraded to New York for an extra £40! I've never stayed at either but the fact it was only £40 to upgrade to a "better" hotel I jumped at the chance :banana: If you're thinking about it don't wait too long as my dates have no jumped back up to £774 for NY (40% offer no longer).

Its almost the same price for us when we've added on the admirals and the lake view
But something else i was wondering is if u book a lake view on the admirals floor are they the rooms with the balconies?

NPB is a bit of a trek and some rooms are tired, although some of the NY are as well. I would go for the NY if not much price differential purely for being closer to the parks.

I'd go for NY, hot breakfast and much less of a walk! :)

Plu I don;t think the AF get many benefits TBH.

Just to let you know we stayed at the Newport Bay in 2006 on the admirals floor in a lakeside room and sadly there was no balcony although it was a graet view across the lake.

Ro

Forgot to say the swimming pool at Newport is really big and nice, i haven't stayed at New York but i have heard the pool is not as nice and has no shallow end, don't know if this is na issue for you but thought i would mention it.

Ro

Hi,

We are also deciding between NB and NY for those of you that pick one over the other could you be more specific, Please.

Is it just the crowds or the walk.

Also is there a resort map, can't seem to find one to see the distances from place to place.

Thanks!

TTFN
Jetsetter90

i was looking last night & i only found a rough map
which is not to scale
magicalkingdoms.com/dlp/maps/locseq.html

i hope this helps
:)

Firstly- Hello, I'm new.

We had the same dilema, and went for Newport Bay Admirals Floor. I have eaten a character dinner in the New York, and thought it was a bit stark and businesslike, but I did wonder if I'd done the right thing.

Hi,

We are also deciding between NB and NY for those of you that pick one over the other could you be more specific, Please.

Is it just the crowds or the walk.

Also is there a resort map, can't seem to find one to see the distances from place to place.

Thanks!

TTFN
Jetsetter90

Firstly both lovely hotels.

Newport - Very big hotel, so if you get a room at the "end" of the hotel you walk for ages.

Admirals Floor - the only thing we got different is you get a room in the centre of the hotel - you can also request kettle and drinks but you only get cardboard cups and plastic milk etc.

New York

Closer to the park, which after a day on your feet really makes a difference!
Hot breakfasts which do not get at NPB
I feel slightly more upmarket, people do worry about taking children there but seen lots of families there.
If going in xmas/winter season can use the ice rink for a fee.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Glad up brought up about the children at the New York eeyorefanuk becuase i have an 8yr old and a 2yr old and alot of reviews i have read about the new york say its more for adults.

Im still totally undecided but think its just because i want everything to be perfect :)

We stayed at the Santa Fe last year and i didnt like it at all although it didnt spoil are holiday so maybe i should just make a choice and stick to it :)

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Glad up brought up about the children at the New York eeyorefanuk becuase i have an 8yr old and a 2yr old and alot of reviews i have read about the new york say its more for adults.

Im still totally undecided but think its just because i want everything to be perfect :)

We stayed at the Santa Fe last year and i didnt like it at all although it didnt spoil are holiday so maybe i should just make a choice and stick to it :)

Maybe think that if you are getting the 40% the new york go to that one, as the offer might not be on next time.

To be honest for the amount of time you spend in the hotel room, maybe take into consideration the fact it is nearer to the park and you get a hot breakfast to set you up for the day. Whatever you decide I do not think you will be disappointed. You could also if you wanted to one evening go for a drink at the newport bay for a change. Don't forget they are disney hotels, for children of all ages :rotfl:

Another vote for the Hotel New York. While the lobby areas do seem a little "business-like" and austere, the actual rooms are very nice and I think totally appropriate for kids as well as adults. Maybe it is true that you get less children staying at the HNY, but that's a good thing, because whenever the characters turn up there, it means it's much less of a fight to get to see them!

I have stayed at the Newport Bay (Admiral's Floor, but not lake view) and was slightly underwhelmed by it, plus I found the walk to/from it took longer than to the Sequoia Lodge, let alone the New York and first thing in the morning and last thing at night that can make a LOT of difference.

I also had the same debate and chose New York for all the reasons commented above

Hi, it's the NY for us too.

Visiting for the 3rd time in June and can't wait:yay:

I have 3 kids and visited last when my youngest was 11 months and never had any problems. Always seen lots of families there. There is a small children's play area, meet and greet in the mornings and a small gift shop. I've never seen any business like people in suits!

The pool is fine, yes no shallow end, but plenty of swimming aids. There's also a small paddling type pool and in the summer the doors open and you can swim outside or relax on a lounger by the pool, which we often do in the afternoon for a wee rest.

The rooms are very spacious, bathrooms good, air-con, a large wardrobe, room service which can be very handy, ice machines on all floors, big comfy beds - i'm stuggling to come up with a negative to be honest...

With there being 5 of us, I didn't think we could afford the NY this time round, but with the 40% discount, we managed to get 2 rooms cheaper than the off-site explorers hotel. If you can be flexible with your dates, spend some time on the phone with an agent who can check all the dates for you as the offer varies.

Located just at the end of Disney Village, it has a great location, and easy to nip back during the day.

Good luck, but I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time no matter where you stay - you're going to Disneyland Paris!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

just a comment on NPB's indoor pool - we haven't stayed there for 4 years but I remember taking our then 1 year old to the indoor pool and that didn't have a shallow end either - I didn't go outside so can't comment on that one.:)

We are taking our two boys to NY in July (they will be 2 and 5) and I am looking forward to the hot breakfasts, but mainly the shorter walk back from the parks each evening!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter